Playing USA & MY (and a few questions)

nubeh
nubeh Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
*raises hand* I read through the FAQ's and they were very helpful. I currently play the MY version of PW and have put a good deal of time in it. But being a USA citizen I want to play the USA version. I'm hesitant to vanish from PW MY entirely though.

Q. 1 - Is there any problem with playing (at least for awhile) both versions of the game?

Q. 2 - I was planning to purchase Item Mall items from Perfect World MY within the next couple days. Does anyone know if the ZEN Mall Thing and official download will be released soon enough to hold off on that purchase? (I assume the date for anything is no final)

Q. 3 - In regard to Question 2, does anyone know if the prices will be similiar to the MY Cubi-Gold $/Gold amount? Its $6 and some change for 20 cubi-gold to spend. Would anyone know if that same $6 would get me 20 ZEN? (I did read that they're trying to keep prices afforable)

Lastly, Q. 4 - In some of the images I've seen a difference in armor style and skill style. Will there be a significant difference in most the armor and skills (as well as character customization hair styles) appearance wise?

Thanks for reading,

-Nubi
Heroes don't need super powers!
Perfect World MY
Server: Oracle
Character: lvl 40 WF
Post edited by nubeh on

Comments

• josi
    josi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I belive everything is going to be the same.The main thing they are changing is the translation I think
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Prices for International version were always all about greed, overpriced. But we'll see, the wings are so expensive in MY version too though D: Should be like $15.
    RoC.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nubeh wrote: »
    *raises hand* I read through the FAQ's and they were very helpful. I currently play the MY version of PW and have put a good deal of time in it. But being a USA citizen I want to play the USA version. I'm hesitant to vanish from PW MY entirely though.

Q. 1 - Is there any problem with playing (at least for awhile) both versions of the game?

Q. 2 - I was planning to purchase Item Mall items from Perfect World MY within the next couple days. Does anyone know if the ZEN Mall Thing and official download will be released soon enough to hold off on that purchase? (I assume the date for anything is no final)

Q. 3 - In regard to Question 2, does anyone know if the prices will be similiar to the MY Cubi-Gold $/Gold amount? Its $6 and some change for 20 cubi-gold to spend. Would anyone know if that same $6 would get me 20 ZEN? (I did read that they're trying to keep prices afforable)

Lastly, Q. 4 - In some of the images I've seen a difference in armor style and skill style. Will there be a significant difference in most the armor and skills (as well as character customization hair styles) appearance wise?

Thanks for reading,

-Nubi

1. There is no problem with playing both versions.
    2. The cash shop won't be released until october, so go ahead and buy some on the MY.
    3. The zen is being sold directly from the company, so it should end up being cheaper.
    4. I don't quite understand. Are you referring to all characters in general or just certain classes? .____. There is a nice variety of weapons and armor, as well as many hair styles for all characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Don't spend money on the MY cash shop please, that company should go die.
    Save your money and drop it all here in about 2 months when OB opens. Though I have doubts whether or not the OB will have the cash shop open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • nubeh
    edited August 2008
    4. I don't quite understand. Are you referring to all characters in general or just certain classes? .____. There is a nice variety of weapons and armor, as well as many hair styles for all characters.

Sorry, I was rather vague. I meant: From the pictures of the USA version that I've seen, it looks like the armor and skills are different from the MY version armor and skills (in all areas and classes). I was wondering if there are actually differences in the armor, the skills, and the hairstyles, or am I seeing things?

Thank you all for helping me out and answering my questions so far. Helped a bunch. ^.^

As for the cash shop, I have resolved that I will support the USA company if I play their version (how can I resist) by purchasing from the ZEN Shop when it is out. In the meantime I have money in paypal dieing to be used.

-Nubi
    Perfect World MY
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

We will have to wait and see.

But if they want to keep their players they will have to be competitive with the prices offered on MY-En and the European version soon to come. With 3 eng(r)lish versions available to everyone soon, people will have options.

Prices too high may mean bye-bye, I'm going to see your competitors.

And like Ren said, don't do business with Cubinet, the company that gives a 7 days ban to hackers...

If you absolutely feels like spending it, go buy some real stuff in a store somewhere. Much better value for your money.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Sorry, I was rather vague. I meant: From the pictures of the USA version that I've seen, it looks like the armor and skills are different from the MY version armor and skills (in all areas and classes). I was wondering if there are actually differences in the armor, the skills, and the hairstyles, or am I seeing things?

Thank you all for helping me out and answering my questions so far. Helped a bunch. ^.^

As for the cash shop, I have resolved that I will support the USA company if I play their version (how can I resist) by purchasing from the ZEN Shop when it is out. In the meantime I have money in paypal dieing to be used.

-Nubi

Ok so to answer your question, no the skills and armor are not different from the MY version. We *may* have the new skills released for level 79 and 99 but we won't know until cbt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Thanks for reading,

-Nubi

Just to give ya a "semi" official answer to these.

1. The only problem I see with playing both is that you will have two totally different economies and communities between the two. The other would be that it may be tedious to level two seperate characters on the two different clients, you will notice that playing one vs the other will give you a different feeling to the game.
    2. If you intend on keeping the MY character AND the US character, you may find yourself regretting the fact you bought from the item-mall on one or the other because you will find that you will like one over the other (hopefully ours ;) ) And as far as release time, that is still up in the air because that will not be announced until after the beta is in full effect.
    3. The conversion rates for ZEN to dollars has not been announced yet, that will come in due time :) please be patient as these things take a lot of time to determine.
    4. Basically, skills should be the same with just different names for them. Same goes for armors and items (this can neither be confirmed nor denied at this point but will be revealed later in beta).

-Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • nubeh
    edited August 2008
    o.O Thanks Karmelia, Koz, and Shnuggs

I guess I've just never seen the Lions Roar and a couple different varieties of armor. Hmm... Is Lion's Roar a skill learned once you are higher level?

Anyway, I'm sure after a little bit I'll decide where I want to be, USA or MY. And I honestly hope it is USA. I'd rather support my own country, even in a game.

*builds up her patience*

Once again, thanks.
    Perfect World MY
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    o.O Thanks Karmelia, Koz, and Shnuggs

I guess I've just never seen the Lions Roar and a couple different varieties of armor. Hmm... Is Lion's Roar a skill learned once you are higher level?

Anyway, I'm sure after a little bit I'll decide where I want to be, USA or MY. And I honestly hope it is USA. I'd rather support my own country, even in a game.

*builds up her patience*

Once again, thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lion's Roar is the warrior AOE stun. I'm not sure what level you get it at. It's pretty early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Lion's Roar is the warrior AOE stun. I'm not sure what level you get it at. It's pretty early.
    Yep lvl 10

I love that skill
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.