Developer Diary Videos Now Live

xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Perfect World Entertainment is proud to introduce a new, web-exclusive series of developer diary videos for Perfect World International. These videos will be previewing key aspects of the game, including the races and classes, flying mounts, and territory wars. We'll be releasing a new episode every week from now until the launch of Perfect World International.

The first installment, Character Customization, can be found in the video section of the main page.

The video can also be found on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0F4VRh1oRM

I realize that many of you are already familiar with Perfect World, however these videos are a great tool for showing off the game and attracting more friends to Perfect World International.

Link the video, pass it around, or tell us how much it sucks, either way, let's start building this community. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thank you, I see you fixed it :P
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the update.
    Nice to see some activity on the forums :O
    I suggest using vreel.net for future uploads however,
    YOutube is very low quality.

EDIT: Does that dude in the video post on the forums :O?

redit: "totally hot or utterly grotesque!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    only 1 problem. you forgot to post the real picture of that asian celebrity. all i saw was 'who am i?' and it's like... 'well i have no idea'.

it was great other than that. :D
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rufus wrote: »
    only 1 problem. you forgot to post the real picture of that asian celebrity. all i saw was 'who am i?' and it's like... 'well i have no idea'.

I felt the same way when i saw it. though. I kinda renamed him. Now i'll refer to him as Bob
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    EDIT: Does that dude in the video post on the forums :O?

It's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    It's possible.

OMG IS THAT YOU!?
    AWTUHGRAG PUHLEZZZ

anyway, Yao Ming ftl.
    Though I live in Houston, I dont care much for basket ball :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Nice vids and thanks for the update ^.^
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    GM's here are evil, before the video I was just looking around forums and having fun playing other games now I got bored of the others game after this vid <.<

I didnt know the character customazation was so amazing lol

k anyways! nice job
  • elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wow, great video, can't wait for the next ones! I have downloaded it off that other gaming site (from PW-INT's front page).
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, saying that you can customize every aspect of the character is wrong, you can't adjust height :D

To everyone: make sure you watch it in high quality and not standard, then you can even see bits of the translated text on the dialog (me likes, so far :))
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Look a bit at the capture at the beginning of the video :

- NPC name and Location panels are much larger : no more text too long that go over the panel's border.
    - Icons instead of text on the tabs of the chat window
    - The font appears to be more readable than the one used in MY-EN
    - The words are not cut-off in the middle. No more texts like :

Welcome. I am the elde
    r of thIs city. How may I h
    elp you?

Looking good so far! ^_^
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I approve of this.

Commence the rocking of on.

That is all.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Booo I want to see Orinj or Xarfox in the video xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haseo
    haseo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well I'm glad that they are finally bringing PW to US servers... I have been playing the MY version for some time now
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Booo I want to see Orinj or Xarfox in the video xD

how do you know the guy in the trailer wasnt orinj or xarfox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resheem
    resheem Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    great vedio

wating for closed beta LOLx
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this game is looking superb :D
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    how do you know the guy in the trailer wasnt orinj or xarfox?

Well if I'd have to bet I would say that it wasn't Orinj because he didn't quote any movies. Not so sure about xarfox xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Well if I'd have to bet I would say that it wasn't Orinj because he didn't quote any movies. Not so sure about xarfox xD

I believe it was xarfox, as he had the access to the video and he commented on my post lol :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    I believe it was xarfox, as he had the access to the video and he commented on my post lol :P

Or it could have been that hamburger gm that randomly posts things. I haven't seen him post for awhile though. They should just tell us who it is :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Link the video, pass it around, or tell us how much it sucks, either way, let's start building this community. ;)

I won't tell you how it sucks. Overall, it's a nice vid ^^ However, I'll tell many things: corrections to make, related suggestions, random nitpicking, fun facts. Read it with Hi-quality video version ready, because I'll tell time for every comment.

0:06: You really like that song don't you? ^^ Nice one to dive into this Perfect World.

1:00: Funny how that lvl96 barabrian only has 3500HP lol Xarfox need a crash course in Barbarian builds lol (see 2:36 to know why this is Xarfox's).

Small translation nitpicking
    1:02: "We don't interrupt each other after that war." This sentence looks odd to me ^^;;
    1:03 "[...] this interracial marrige [...] There's a missing letter ^^;;
    Still, overall it looks fine, and much better than PW-MY (no more words cut at end of lines!!)

1:19: Nice dance move! Is that a new one? Never saw that one one on MY-EN. I do wish that we could get some extra dance moves ^^ For those who don't know: in MY-EN, you have 1 dance move/class, which is simply a move from a skill, but without the skill and labelled dance xD Well, this is true for blademaster and venomancer at the very least.

1:23: See the tabs in the character creation? the first AND second are labelled "face". The first one should in fact be "presets" (or whatever you choose to call it lol )

1:29: Red Chinese characters are popping around... There's a bit on translation left to do. ;P

1:44: Texts describing the classes are not complete I guess. First sentence describing humans seems incomplete (is it?).

1:46: Then, the wizard description is totally off (speaks about clerics? o.O )

1:48: Incomplete sentence describing the Untamed. Class name is written "Barba" right after that (incomplete). Then Barbarian description is incomplete too. Every other class description after that has incomplete sentences too. You need to work on that ;) It's one of the first things a new players sees, so it needs to be done perfectly, especially in a Perfect World :P

1:57: Confirms what I said at 1:23; There is 2 "face" tabs xD Go and correct this now! :P

2:36: So this is Xarfox's account, heh? :P (Xarfox is cleric? o.o ). We can see that low-hp barbarian character in the list.

2:55: OMG my favorite music of the game!!! ^^ (btw, I do hope you'll add some more musics like this one... songs in the game are beautiful, but because there's only a small number of songs, they get repetitive quite fast -_- )

Nice video, PWI team, now go and make the corrections I mentioned :p
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dang at least we no at least 1 person thoroughly watched the video ;)
  • tonene
    tonene Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rufus wrote: »

ambie wrote: »
    I felt the same way when i saw it. though. I kinda renamed him. Now i'll refer to him as Bob

well i think this guy is the basquetball player Yao Ming see this picture ;)

yao-ming-Nota_.jpg
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Nice video xarfox, this game is already better than my-en version :D
    Keep up the good work ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • orciencor
    orciencor Posts: 12
    edited August 2008
    kelo wrote: »
    1:19: Nice dance move! Is that a new one?

Female Mage dance, actually. Sadly not new. Probably one of the only pretty ones though, and one of the only ones that actually seems like it IS a dance too. I really do wish there were better ones (and maybe that they'd loop on their own. >.>)
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I really like the format of the video, with the intro showing excellent cuts of the races/classes with the representative background. Regarding the content, I think the fonts used are very easy to read, and it seems the tabs were resized to fit the English language. What I was able to see of the quest translation is professional, and not just Babel fish.

Jonathan Belliss, the Product Manager, has a really clear voice, and is extremely personable. The funniest part of the video, is when he says that we can customize our characters to be "totally hot or utterly grotesque."

Almost looking forward to the developer diaries as much as the be
    ta. ^_~
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orciencor wrote: »
    Female Mage dance, actually. Sadly not new. Probably one of the only pretty ones though, and one of the only ones that actually seems like it IS a dance too. I really do wish there were better ones (and maybe that they'd loop on their own. >.>)

Well, her dance move does look good. And it IS a dance move. I doubt it's an animation taken directly from a skill (I may be wrong here, as I don't know many mages, and I've probably seen about 30% of their skills). I do know that male blademasters and venomancer (female, obviously) only have recycled animation as a dance move (Metabolic boost for the venomancer; I don't know the exact skill for Blademanster, but I saw it). It looks really cheap compared to this mage one =_=
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    june wrote: »

Jonathan Belliss, the Product Manager, has a really clear voice, and is extremely personable.

yes i completely agree. he had a great voice.;)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Well that man in that video is probably xarfox
    Look this : http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/325/capturervr2.jpg

Why would an other admin use xarfox account, even to make a video...
    Well just suppositions after all...
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That clinches it then. The dude in the video was Xarfox. You have a great speaking voice and are very articulate. Nice job on the vid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.