Which server will YOU go?

Comments

• dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Bleh, I changed my mind haha. I'll be rolling on the Open PVP server like a lot of other people on these forums. The PKing may be inconvenient at certain times like while questing, but hey, that's where good gears/experience/friends come in handy. I never take it seriously anyway.

I agree that you'll benefit more from your effort and time on the Open PVP server than on the Optional PVP server. Also, the PVP community here seems to be cool and competitive according to what I've read, which means more fun :D
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Peee veee Peee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    istapp wrote: »
    Most likely Optional PvP for me,though i dont really know the diffs.If somebody would explain the diffs between them real quick,that would make me happy :)

And one question: Is the Delphi server on PW ENG-MY ( i think) compared with Open PvP or Optional PvP?

Difference between PVP and PVE:

Scenario:

Your taking down a boss with your party, and some noob has the same exact quest and begins hitting away on the boss also.

PVE - Your party curses, screams and yells at the person to go away

PVP - Your party gives the person a warning, and then prompty pks them.

Scenario:

You have a timed quest to kill a certain amount of monsters, but another noob has same quests, will not party with you and begins hitting what you are, at the same time. Final kill goes to them.

PVE - Wait, come back later or find you get almost to the NPC when your time runs out.

PVP - You give a warning to stop KS'ing, and then pk them.

Scenario:

Your taming a rather rare pet, and some noob comes in hits tame - as you are wearing it down.

PVE - You can do nothing

PVP - PK the heck out of them, get your friends to and anyone else that feels this is a dirty, underhanded trick.

Above happened to me before btw....

NiaJade
    Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    niajade wrote: »

Scenario:

Your taking down a boss with your party, and some noob has the same exact quest and begins hitting away on the boss also.

PVE - Your party curses, screams and yells at the person to go away

PVP - Your party gives the person a warning, and then prompty pks them.

Scenario:

You have a timed quest to kill a certain amount of monsters, but another noob has same quests, will not party with you and begins hitting what you are, at the same time. Final kill goes to them.

PVE - Wait, come back later or find you get almost to the NPC when your time runs out.

PVP - You give a warning to stop KS'ing, and then pk them.

Scenario:

Your taming a rather rare pet, and some noob comes in hits tame - as you are wearing it down.

PVE - You can do nothing

PVP - PK the heck out of them, get your friends to and anyone else that feels this is a dirty, underhanded trick.

Above happened to me before btw....

NiaJade

wow beleive it or not u just made me go from pve to pvp

thanks didnt know this kind of noobiness happened
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Scenario:

PVP - Your party gives the person a warning, the noob call his high level friends who swiftly come and PK you everytime you try to approach the boss.

PVE - Your party stop attacking the boss, the noob takes aggro, dies, and you can resume killing the boss without trouble.

(info for the n00bs : most bosses respawn in a matter of seconds after they are killed. this is not a gmae where a boss only spawn once every 24 hours)

Scenario:

PVP - You give a warning to stop KS'ing, He PK you and continue his quest, then PK you again everytime you come back

PVE - Let the guy attack first then KS him yourself.

(info for the n00bs : there are actually only a few timed quest in the game)

Scenario:

PVP - Sadly you cannot even begin to try and tame it , because the WF from the top guild of the server are camping all of them and killing everyone who dare to come near the spawn points.

If you are one of the guys from the abovesaid top guild : someone from another guild come with a level 29 char and kill the pet while you try to tame it.

PVE : nothing much you can do

Scenario:

You are doing the world quest. Sadly, some high levels from the leading guild on the server is preventing everyone from talking to that NpC that is outside of the safe zone. Good luck completing your quest.

PvP : You can only die everytime you try to speak to the NPC

PVE : They cannot even do that. Talk to the NPC and continue your quest

PvP servers end up like that : 2 or 3 big guilds rules over everyone and bullies the rest. And if you are starting on the server a few month after the rest, forget it, you'll be hunted and Pked all the time by bored high levels having nothing better to do.

Problem with you PvPers : you alsways only see one side of the medal...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kins
    kins Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Scenario:

You are doing the world quest. Sadly, some high levels from the leading guild on the server is preventing everyone from talking to that NpC that is outside of the safe zone. Good luck completing your quest.

PvP : You can only die everytime you try to speak to the NPC

PVE : They cannot even do that. Talk to the NPC and continue your quest

PvP servers end up like that : 2 or 3 big guilds rules over everyone and bullies the rest. And if you are starting on the server a few month after the rest, forget it, you'll be hunted and Pked all the time by bored high levels having nothing better to do.

Problem with you PvPers : you alsways only see one side of the medal...

Sad but true :(
    I don't use a signature.... I'm just cool like that!:cool:
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Right, Karmelia, you're not one sided at all, are you?

I have to wonder how many people you pissed off in MY-EN for you to be constantly PK'd.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    I have to wonder how many people you pissed off in MY-EN for you to be constantly PK'd.

Probably as much as others are being constantly KSed.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Huh. Being constantly PK'd is nothing big - I was on KOS by two big giants in my time. Black+Myth. People treat being PK'd as such a big deal... it's really just a waste of 30secs-1minute of your time, and a few potions. That's all.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You can lure a boss to Dodo to kill all the blue names with AoE, and pk the white name WFs. :cool:
    You can find out what boss i'm talking about yourself.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • efchen
    efchen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I hate PvP so I will be having it disabled and just doing a duell with a pal or something.
    I don't like to be ganked by kiddos or just guys that kill lowlevel chars to keep 'em frustrated or to show that they have so ubber great genius items and stuff... nah... don't need that ^^
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hha this thread is funny. I have read the forums and what i notice is that 90% of the people going to the open pvp server will be pking. Now thats good for them. I like PVP etc. But I will be doing PVE server. And I have a reason for it. I played MY and its no longer about being a bad person to get you pked. etc. I am possibly one of the nicest most giving people on MY oracle server. And I got pk'd many times with out reason. Now I don't mind. But when you get killed during timed quest its not worth it. Plus I have played MY recently and got pked 10 times in less then 1 hour ><. So Pkers just need to stop begging everyone to go tho their server and let the PVE types play the way they want to play. This is good now the Pkers can learn how to actually PVP.. Good luck :D

(Mind you most pkers can't PVP to save their lives)

So if you are player who prefers to not get pked (its ok to get what you want)I Recommend going to PVE server cause After looking in forums it looks like PK ing will happen a lot more often then on MY. (the pkers just want you to go there so they can kill some unsuspecting players )

If you dont mind getting Killed (pk'd) often then i recommend going to Open PVP server. It will definitely allow you to test your strength :)

Good luck to all no matter what choice they make.

( I myself will be on PVE server but with white name)
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mieko wrote: »
    hha this thread is funny. I have read the forums and what i notice is that 90% of the people going to the open pvp server will be pking. Now thats good for them. I like PVP etc. But I will be doing PVE server. And I have a reason for it. I played MY and its no longer about being a bad person to get you pked. etc. I am possibly one of the nicest most giving people on MY oracle server. And I got pk'd many times with out reason. Now I don't mind. But when you get killed during timed quest its not worth it. Plus I have played MY recently and got pked 10 times in less then 1 hour ><. So Pkers just need to stop begging everyone to go tho their server and let the PVE types play the way they want to play. This is good now the Pkers can learn how to actually PVP.. Good luck :D

(Mind you most pkers can't PVP to save their lives)

So if you are player who prefers to not get pked (its ok to get what you want)I Recommend going to PVE server cause After looking in forums it looks like PK ing will happen a lot more often then on MY. (the pkers just want you to go there so they can kill some unsuspecting players )

If you dont mind getting Killed (pk'd) often then i recommend going to Open PVP server. It will definitely allow you to test your strength :)

Good luck to all no matter what choice they make.

( I myself will be on PVE server but with white name)

Carebear. You fail.

That said, RQ is going to PVP East - Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • mieko
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Carebear. You fail.

Haha :) Carebear..? you mean all the pkers who are too scared to fight in REAL PVP so they have to beg noobs to come to their server?

BTW good attempt trying to make a flame YOU FAIL!!!! ;)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Carebear. You fail

Ganker, you fail too.

Good to know.

• mieko
    edited August 2008
    lets review about your average pker for a sec here
    This is what pkers do when they pk. And they would not do it with out. Heiro to save your higher level life, Tp stones to make sure you can run off before getting owned by a noob and then lets not forget dolls to take away the risk of PK Gratz to you :)

Hooray to pkers :)

(You have spent about $100+ a month just to "win" in game, Hmm i wounder who the REAL winners are...)
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you mean all the pkers who are too scared to fight in REAL PVP so they have to beg noobs to come to their server?

There are many types of PvP. Both duels and random ganking can be considered "real PvP". They're just different forms of it with different circumstances.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    (You have spent about $100+ a month just to "win" in game, Hmm i wounder who the REAL winners are...)

Or you can spend $0 real life money, become the most famous PKer in the history of Delphi, and sell your account for $250.

I wonder who the real winner is?

Suck it, carebear. qq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mieko
    edited August 2008
    prosper wrote: »
    There are many types of PvP. Both duels and random ganking can be considered "real PvP". They're just different forms of it with different circumstances.

Logical :) point But can go both ways, depending on the person.

If needed i can go a bit more in debt between pvp and PK. Sorry If I am a bit talkative on this lol. But I came from a true pvp game. But then a gain perfect world (and most newer mmorpg's ) support more of pk ><
  • mieko
    edited August 2008
    Or you can spend $0 real life money, become the most famous PKer in the history of Delphi, and sell your account for $250.

Suck it, carebear. qq.

O.O Your so right. You can also sell a non pk account for more. Also you don't have to spend money to be famous your right. Cause as you know the game has a Force LogOut Feature too which I noticed lots of pkers have utilized and mastered :) So you can be famous for the Force log out pker as have have seen all too many times when i catch those pkers who pk my friends.

BTW Why so Flame I just post a point. Your making your self look like an idiot. So quit while your ahead. I have not flamed you once :)

BTW Sorry if your moral has got somewhat involved here ><
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    mieko wrote:
    BTW Why so Flame I just post a point. Your making your self look like an idiot. So quit while your ahead. I have not flamed you once :)

You flamed PKers, and the funny part is that you did it in the "PvP Discussion" section. It's not your fault you're an idiot, lol. I don't flame people who don't flame me. <3

It's okay, it's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. I've never even seen your name before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• nitro
    nitro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVP FTW this is the way to go get rich and be proud lol GL
  • mieko
    edited August 2008
    You flamed PKers, and the funny part is that you did it in the "PvP Discussion" section. It's not your fault you're an idiot, lol. I don't flame people who don't flame me. <3

It's okay, it's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. I've never even seen your name before.

Wow you cant read can you? I was stating a point about the servers why people go (other people went there too ,look at teh PVP PVE advantages about 2 pages back) And I am sorry if you feel insulted if I spoke my point about pkers. But if that what you do do it. You choice BTW you just made your self look more dumb your sitting here cursing me telling me to suck off etc Over pking lol. Thats so sad. If you can read i never made any attempt to insult you but yes do confess to an insult to pking.

What are you the God of PK?

Really the fact that you take this so seriously....
    I wont even dignify that with an answer..
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    What are you the God of PK?

Yes, I am Ambition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mieko
    edited August 2008
    Yes, I am Ambition.

haha that works :)

BTW I was on Oracle ^^

So I can't speak on what happened on Delphi nor am I known on Delphi of course hehe
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008

The winners were probably Memoires who pwned RageQuit so much you left the game after two months:D:D:D

• mystic
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    The winners were probably Memoires who pwned RageQuit so much you left the game after two months:D:D:D

"RageQuit was the reason a lot of our lower members have left the guild... combined with Espada, they are why we are falling apart. But we will reorganize, and stand up again." ~Lelouchi

Unfortunately, Lelouchi's idea of "reorganizing" is breaking up his guild and making a new one with a merger.

So uh, if we kicked Memoire's **** and then left, and unlike RQ Memoire actually BROKE UP and had to REFORM UNDER ANOTHER TAG WITH ANOTHER CLAN, who lost?

RQ's never reformed once, never had to, never surrendered and never broke up. Memoire, on the other hand, got their asses kicked by a guild 1/20th of their size and then said we just killed their lowbies and Espada killed their highbies.

Regardless, Lelouchi admitted we were one of the reasons Memoire broke up.

But hey, if you wanna live in a fantasy world, go ahead. I'm sure half the players here have read the MY-EN forums, and thus they know the truth... So you're just ruining your own credibility by trying to make it seem like Memoire didn't lose as hard as they did.

GG.

Note: In before your butt buddy comes here spouting the same garbage and getting shut down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    SouKarmeliakyuu?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adryan
    adryan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so fun reading here around, allready a cocky noob named mystic. u sure act like drewclan, maybe its u, faimous pker huh? the most faimous pker on DELPHI its DREWCLAN and u know, his v **** only pk what he can (lower noobies) i remember i 1 hit him and he was under 200hp left hhahhahahaa, so yeah v faimous!!! also the one who did buyed account, major looser, ending up chased all the day hahhahaha! so yeah good point mystic!

and dont worry i will do a char not my main tho, just to be on pvp to pk anyone cuz u think its so fun, but my nice game play will be on optional! guys who want to join a nice guild who will have territory fast pm me, let the pkers join pk server, ripp their head off hahahhaha ;)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    So uh, if we kicked Memoire's **** and then left, and unlike RQ Memoire actually BROKE UP and had to REFORM UNDER ANOTHER TAG WITH ANOTHER CLAN, who lost?

Sorry to burst you bubble on this one but the main reason Memoire, Shades and RU merged was to make a united front against Immortals/Legacy.

At the end of thelast TW we lost against Immortal (or was it Legacy?), we had some talk as to what would be the best way to prevent Immo/Legacy from conquering all the lands. It's there that the idea of a merger with the other guilds owning territories came up. It was clear that individually, each guild was unable to stand against Immortals and Legacy. At least for us, RageQuit had nothing to do with our decision.

To the best of my knowledge it was Kalystah who started the talks about a merger with Memoire and Ru, and Espada, since the idea came from us. Enforcer's hate for Memoire made him say no and he decided to ally with Immortals/Legacy. (Looks like he made a good choice in the end).

Maybe Memoire saw this opportunity as a good way to get rid of RQ, that I don't know. I think most of RQ left the server soon after Intensity came to be. You can correct me on this, I don't recall exactly when you left.

In the end, Intensity failed, but that's another story ... :D

As for what Lelouchi may say, for me what he say and what comes out of a cow's butt are the same thing.