Make the PvP server the first one listed

Options
merulz
merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Well, if there HAS to be a PvE/PvP server, at least list the PvP server first. People tend to pick the first server without putting much thought into it, and the PvP server will probably have a little population anyway. Listing the PvP server first would boost the population and hopefully even out the members in each server.

Besides, people in the PvE server are one (or more) of the following three things:

1. Carebear
2. Botter
3. Hacker
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
Server: irc.deltaanime.net
Channel: #pwint
Post edited by merulz on

Comments

• sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited July 2008
    Options
    And you run this game?? Cause your telling GM's what to do:confused:

In Open Beta both Server will probobly be released at once.

sealed~
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm not against PvE but with the release of the European version will we have enough users to fill 2 servers?
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Depends whats the Server capacity, how many players are able to logg on in one server,
    Their are over 300 million people in North America, if atleast 5% of that will play PW then 2 servers is perfect =D

sealed~
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Its not really going to make a difference.
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    Depends whats the Server capacity, how many players are able to logg on in one server,
    Their are over 300 million people in North America, if atleast 5% of that will play PW then 2 servers is perfect =D

sealed~

are you suggesting that (300/100)*5=15Million people should play this on 2 Servers?

uhm, well,....

Sounds like a lot of TWs though
  • seawolf
    seawolf Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Order does matter if they're not labeled clearly. Like Oracle has more activity and high levels than Delphi because it was the "first" server. And most newbies don't know what a PvP flag/toggle off/blue name are anyway.

Most of the people in the forums right now aren't even the ones that will be the masses playing this game, though. Probably PW won't start marketing campaigns until after OB starts so only those few who heard word of mouth or other are at this site right now.

But a year from now or whenever, I wouldn't be surprised if both servers are packed anyway with enough people to sustain a good population, just like how Delphi and Oracle both have quite a few people. By then, order won't matter that much.

They'll probably put the PvP server first on the list anyway.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ugh... can we, for the love of fruit, not talking about pvp pve stuff for an evening?

my brain pvhurts. :(

- o
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • sealed
    edited July 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    ugh... can we, for the love of fruit, not talking about pvp pve stuff for an evening?

- o

I know they wont listen to me >.<

sealed~
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »

- o

Fruit? I want fruit :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    A) Alright, campaigns to be fair to PvP and/or PvE-ers are one thing. Now you're just getting silly.

B) To stay on topic, I could care less which server is listed first.

C) Has it occured to anyone at all, that maybe, just maybe, there's no type of player that's better than another? Some of us like PvP. Does that automatically make us superior or worthy of more attention than anyone else? Some of us don't like PvP and care when we get PKed. Does that in some way make us despisable or unworthy of being treated equally? What is it about "carebears" that makes those of you campaigning for all full PvP servers want to force them to participate in PvP or describe them like some kind of promordial scum to be avoided at all costs? As near as I can tell they're just players that don't want to run the risk of being PKed. I fail to see how that makes them bad, or in any way unequal.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Meh. Most people will be in the PvP server. Mostly because PvP is the main thing the game offers.

Also, Can the penalties for pking be reduced and rewards be increased?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    What penalties?

In most games you can't use shops, can't teleport, can't use mounts, in some you can't even enter town with a red name. Other interesting effects? XP LOSS, slow (or not so slow) constant HP loss while red, dropping all your items, going to a virtual jail you have to grind your way out of (or leave it logged in for hours doing absolutely nothing.)

Seriously, PW has about the LEAST penalties for pk.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Options
    massamune wrote: »
    What penalties?

In most games you can't use shops, can't teleport, can't use mounts, in some you can't even enter town with a red name. Other interesting effects? XP LOSS, slow (or not so slow) constant HP loss while red, dropping all your items, going to a virtual jail you have to grind your way out of (or leave it logged in for hours doing absolutely nothing.)

Seriously, PW has about the LEAST penalties for pk.

Rohan you can not enter town. but it takes 11 kills to turn red. But those servers also don't have a designated title of being a "pvp server".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    Rohan you can not enter town. but it takes 11 kills to turn red. But those servers also don't have a designated title of being a "pvp server".

And sro you can't use mounts, return scrolls, teleporters, you lose massive xp and some sp when you die (about 10% of your current level per PK, worse for PKing low levels), and repeated death (or grind which results in being KOS by the whole server while you're red and hence means death anyway) is the only way to remove the red. None of this kiddie timer stuff while flying over ADC or hiding on the walls. Oh, you do drop items and money too of course.

So you were saying the penalties here are too harsh? hehe

Funny thing is there's a ton of consentual pvp there, job wars, fortress wars, open pvp (with capes) etc, but very little PK. It's not needed, or at least not the only way to pvp.

@Admins - I'm really not trying to promote sro here - it's a craptacular game full to busting with bots and scammers, nasty place (due to its management.) I'm just trying to make a point with an example.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Options
    The penalties are not bad but rewards are minimal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    The penalties are not bad but rewards are minimal.

I'll agree with you on that.

What I think PW really needs is either a scoring system for pvp/pk or even better a GvG system where guilds can fight each other in a way that matters, rankings and etc. Something more accessible than TW, which is scheduled by the server and only open to the few guilds of concentrated high lvls.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Options
    massamune wrote: »
    I'll agree with you on that.

What I think PW really needs is either a scoring system for pvp/pk or even better a GvG system where guilds can fight each other in a way that matters, rankings and etc. Something more accessible than TW, which is scheduled by the server and only open to the few guilds of concentrated high lvls.

5v5 or 10v10, even 20v20 would be fun. It's aggravating when a pvp server has no true reason to pvp except to do it. I'd like to see some rewards really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i hate botters, in cabal online is full of botters and gm's always patching the game and not let you play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i hate botters, in cabal online is full of botters and gm's always patching the game and not let you play

How is that even remotely on topic? :/
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    merulz wrote: »
    and the PvP server will probably have a little population anyway.

Not true. 3 people out of everyone in a certain thread posted PvE. The majority of people want to join the PvP server.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Not true. 3 people out of everyone in a certain thread posted PvE. The majority of people want to join the PvP server.

And, judging by the nature of those people, they will spend the next 6 months telling us on the forums about how much they'd own us if they rolled on the PvP server.

Bookmarking this page so I can "I told you so" in 6 months, by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lol. Too bad I won't be on these forums much after the game launches - I'll be too busy most of the time :cool:
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • eternal
    eternal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    its like this if u get ganked start a list all those who ganked will have there time and place where they will get therse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My battle is not won till your soul is mine

server lost world east
    name eternal
    class archer
    SouLLeSS GM
    perfictworld.guildlaunch.com
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    merulz wrote: »
    Well, if there HAS to be a PvE/PvP server, at least list the PvP server first. People tend to pick the first server without putting much thought into it, and the PvP server will probably have a little population anyway. Listing the PvP server first would boost the population and hopefully even out the members in each server.

Besides, people in the PvE server are one (or more) of the following three things:

1. Carebear
    2. Botter
    3. Hacker

jeez give it a rest already

using equally logical and substantiated reasoning, everyone on the pvp servers are one (or more):-
    1. gankers (another term for carebear since its PK without risk)
    2. botter
    3. hacker

and applying the same logic to your clan (i.e. RQ) members have to have one (or more)...
    1. have extreemly small genitals
    2. have very low IQ
    3. be eternal virgins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Instead of misleading people and having them join a server with rulesets which they may not like the servers should be labeled with something simple like PK and NOPK. PvP and PvE labels shouldn't be used as neither are really correct.
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    quilnar wrote: »
    Instead of misleading people and having them join a server with rulesets which they may not like the servers should be labeled with something simple like PK and NOPK. PvP and PvE labels shouldn't be used as neither are really correct.

I agree wholeheartedly (no there is no point to this post, just expressing my approval of quoted post).
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    quilnar wrote: »

Pk and NOPK is an incorrect labelling. There can be PK on the PvE server as well.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Pk and NOPK is an incorrect labelling. There can be PK on the PvE server as well.

No, there can't be PK. PK-ing is the act of killing an unsuspecting person. If someone flags, that makes him very much suspecting. It's still dueling, only with a random factor to it (and hierograms).
    'Optional PK' as some people wanted to call it makes just about as much sense as 'consensual ****'.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    junk wrote: »
    It's still dueling, only with a random factor to it (and hierograms).

Absolutely not.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Alright. That's true, but what label is appropriate? Both servers have PvP and PvE so I don't think they can be used alone.

PvP/PvE/PK

PvP/PvE

?
This discussion has been closed.