favor

kittykat
kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Hi Everyone :)

I need a favor from someone who currently isn't banned from the PW-MY-EN forums and also doesn't mind the risk of getting banned. I got banned before I could post. Could someone post this in a new thread there?

edit: oops, what I wanted posted will be in the post below me.
Post edited by kittykat on

Comments

• arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    kittykat wrote: »
    hi Everyone :)

I Need A Favor From Someone Who Currently Isn't Banned From The Pw-my-en Forums And Also Doesn't Mind The Risk Of Getting Banned. I Got Banned Before I Could Post. Could Someone Post This In A New Thread There?

Edit: Oops, What I Wanted Posted Will Be In The Post Below Me.

Ya! Lets All Get Banned For Some Stranger!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind getting banned cause I don't even play it. btw kitty do you play other mmo's like Mabinogi? I remember your name from somewhere...:confused:
  • kittykat
    edited July 2008
    Thread Title: Cubinet's Failure

Thread:

Here are a few facts:

1) Cubi's reason for forum censorship is because PW-USA is considered a "competing product."

2) PW-USA forum mod has stated that PW-USA will block IPs from countries that currently hold PW licenses, including M A L A Y S I A.

It can be concluded that PW-MY-EN isn't going to lose Malaysian players to PW-USA, only international players. Yet, they're a competing product. What that means is PW-MY-EN thinks of itself as an international version. But, almost every request of the GMs to improve the servers for international players has been met with the effect of international players being "guests" (i.e. lowest priority) and that the PW-MY-EN servers are for Malaysians (there's no mention of international anywhere).

THEN WHY THE HELL IS PW-USA A COMPETING PRODUCT??? The only players the two sets of servers would be competing for are international players.

The cubinet staff has failed in many ways to run a business and put a product to retain a set of customers they clearly seem to value all of a sudden. Rather than actually doing their job of improving their product, they resort to censorship.

I have listed 3 categories of Cubinet's biggest flops in no particular order:

1) LAG && DCs. There's nothing quite like getting 1-3 scute boss down to 2% when the server decides to dump everyone. Oh no, but not everyone at the same time. No no, the WB DCs first, so that the rest of us remaining can be killed by the boss right before its our turn to DC. Great job cubi. That AIMS line and loadbearing junk you guys bought (and we're paying for in the form of more expensive item mall) is really working great.

So, if it is indeed, just Malaysia having a really crappy network infrastructure, then the blame falls squarely on Cubi's lawyers for not including a provision to allow the servers to be located at an alternate location that has a more stable connection.

2) EVENT TIMES. You want to keep international players, yet make them the lowest priority??? Smart move cubi. As I recall, out of all the GM held events, there was only 1 that had an alternate time to suit international players. Just 1. Great way to show that you care about international players GM. I understand though. GMs are too busy deleting threads to hold events more than once.

What about in game weekly events. When working out that licensing contract with PW, trying to negotiate more control over in game events must've slipped the minds of Cubi's lawyers. What great way to retain international players when all the event times are around 4 AM in the morning. Couldn't bother to perhaps rotate the event times so that perhaps one week they will be on Asia time, the next week will be on NA time, and the following week will be on EU time, so that all the major regions will be able to participate in the events happening on an "international" server.

3) ENGLISH LESSONS. *ahem* or lack thereof. Even though "international" may not be written anywhere for the PW-MY-EN servers, but I'm pretty sure that EN stands for E N G L I S H. I would like to believe that Cubinet staff knows that a very important element in RPGs is the ability to understand what the hell the NPCs are saying. Some NPCs and quest descriptions look like they were simply fed through Google Translator. What about in game GMs. It's kind of hard to get people to understand announcements when you don't use proper grammar and spelling.

If indeed, Cubinet didn't do any of the translations, then that's strike #3 for Cubinet's lawyers. Good foresight there. Why bother to protect one's own company from an abomination of a translation job when you have Google Translate. YES!
  • kittykat
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind getting banned cause I don't even play it. btw kitty do you play other mmo's like Mabinogi? I remember your name from somewhere...:confused:

No, don't think so. The only online RPGs I've played are D2, GW, FFXI, PSU, and most recently PW.
    arcane wrote: »
    Ya! Lets All Get Banned For Some Stranger!

I'm not some stranger! :mad: I'm kitty! Anyways, i'm only looking for a MY-EN player who's switching over to the USA servers and doesn't really care about being on their forums anymore. That's all.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Posted on the MY-EN forums.
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Why not just send it to privacy@Cubinet.com? You can send any complaints to them or call them up. (I apologize if we aren't suppose to post their e-mail addresses here.) It just isn't worth it continuously posting and getting the same responses from the same person/people or it just getting the thread closed down.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Wait, American / non-malaysian people are banned from the PW-MY forum?
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    No. Kitty's banned for talking about international I guess, they don't ban non-malaysians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxy
    edited July 2008
    Oh, that's interesting. We kinda talk about MY version here and we don't get banned.
    6to4uv.jpg

• arcane
    edited July 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    Oh, that's interesting. We kinda talk about MY version here and we don't get banned.

We are not promoting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
    Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    zezix wrote: »
    Critical Information

Good one. Hope it was worth making yourself look like an idiot ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • kittykat
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    Good one. Hope it was worth making yourself look like an idiot ^^

see what i mean. GMs in MY-EN are too busy deleting threads to actually improve their product. If you played on the MY-EN server since the beginning, you would have experienced everything I typed.
    zezix wrote: »
    Critical Information

and thnx ^^
  • roxy
    edited July 2008
    kittykat wrote: »
    see what i mean. GMs in MY-EN are too busy deleting threads to actually improve their product.

Not really true. Deleting such threads has nothing to do with them not putting the effort to ' improve their product '. I can understand what they're doing, if I look at it from their point of view.

- Roxy

(\(\
    ( ='.' )
    o(_ ") ")

6to4uv.jpg

• kittykat
    edited July 2008

Not really true. Deleting such threads has nothing to do with them not putting the effort to ' improve their product '. I can understand what they're doing, if I look at it from their point of view.

- Roxy

well, they brought it on themsleves with their careless attitude towards international players to begin with, so they deserve it.
  • roxy
    edited July 2008

I don't think this is the place to criticize about other companies that hosts pw.
    Also, if you have worked in a game ( mmorpg ) company before, you'd understand their position.

- Roxy

(\(\
    ( ='.' )
    o(_ ") ")

6to4uv.jpg

• kittykat
    edited July 2008

I don't think this is the place to criticize about other companies that hosts pw.
    Also, if you have worked in a game ( mmorpg ) company before, you'd understand their position.

- Roxy

(\(\
    ( ='.' )
    o(_ ") ")

I actually think this is a good place to criticize, considering a significant amount of people are coming over from the MY-EN version. I know alot of my friends who are switching over have very similar complaints. We couldn't do anything back then because there were no other PW servers for us to go to.

As for working for a MMORPG company, we're their largest, if not only, source of revenue. There are some basic expectations that needs to be met, especially with so much competition. There is no sympathy for a company that deletes threads to hide from the competition rather than compete on the merits of their respective products.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Uh. Every company should handle advertisers for different games. I would be surprised if MY-EN left topics about International alone. Just as when International starts, I will be very surprised if threads that bash international and tell people to move to MY-EN don't get deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Let me give everyone a moderator/admin's perspective.

Building a successful community of course requires some moderation. Allowing users to post whatever they want regardless of its content is great, but certain types of content can damage a community.

The problem with removing content from forums is that people get angry. If I spend half an hour writing a two page post, only to see it get deleted, it makes me angry.

This creates something of a fine line in terms of forum moderation. You want people to feel like they can say anything they want, but at the same time, you need to maintain the integrity of your forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Let me give everyone a moderator/admin's perspective.

Building a successful community of course requires some moderation. Allowing users to post whatever they want regardless of its content is great, but certain types of content can damage a community.

The problem with removing content from forums is that people get angry. If I spend half an hour writing a two page post, only to see it get deleted, it makes me angry.

This creates something of a fine line in terms of forum moderation. You want people to feel like they can say anything they want, but at the same time, you need to maintain the integrity of your forum.

*Hands xarfox a beer* lol if you dont drink it I will lol.....thanks for the perspective also ^.^ and couldnt agree more
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kittykat
    edited July 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Uh. Every company should handle advertisers for different games. I would be surprised if MY-EN left topics about International alone. Just as when International starts, I will be very surprised if threads that bash international and tell people to move to MY-EN don't get deleted.

I'm not an advertiser for PW-USA obviously. I have spent a good amount of money on that game there. I would hope that part of the basic customor service for an online product would be to allow criticisms on the product's official forums.

As for these forums, who knows, maybe a good forum mod here might actually state how the PW-USA version is better than PW-MY-EN version.

BTW, JMO, but I tend to look more favorably at a company that doesn't hide from the competition, but rather demonstrates how they're trying to compete and be better.

A simple thread by their forum mod to the effect of:

Hey we know there's another INT server coming out, and here's what we're planning to do for our international players.....etc, etc. Something simple like that would've gone a long way.
  • adi
    adi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hey kittykat!! r u the kittykat from resonance? I'm BaTgirly btw :D an ex resonance
This discussion has been closed.