Stop using abbreviations from other regions!

Options
2»

Comments

• lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    shao wrote: »
    I agree using the new abbreviations will help totally new players to PW and help those from MY and other official servers to adapt more easily before the game is actually launched. This is a New server, New company running it, New abbreviations. Personally ill be using the new ones and if folks disagree with it they basically have 2 options , shut up about the abbr. or go back to which ever server they were on. The Administration is not going to change it or the main web page.

w00t you go girl ;) now thats definintely one way of puting it lol... I intend on using em lol just wont get the gist for awhile lol...but will still use em none the less :D
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i will use both of them but like the old ones better:)
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    showharu wrote: »
    i will use both of them but like the old ones better:)

New ones are better =/ except I dont like venomancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • shao
    shao Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    New ones are better =/ except I dont like venomancer.

Venomancer actually make them sound more seductive then any other name
    I amar prestar aen,
    han mathon ne nen,
    han mathon ne chae,
    a han noston ned'wilith.

The world is changed,
    I feel it in the water,
    I feel it in the earth,
    I smell it in the air.

Kia Kaha
    S.S.D.D.
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    Options

Why do you think Im being one rofl
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

D: men will seduce with their Venomancer ;)
  • shao
    shao Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ambie wrote: »
    D: men will seduce with their Venomancer ;)

Lol then does that mean that Lena is a she/he playing a he/she cause i know shes a she/she....... huggles Lena
    I amar prestar aen,
    han mathon ne nen,
    han mathon ne chae,
    a han noston ned'wilith.

The world is changed,
    I feel it in the water,
    I feel it in the earth,
    I smell it in the air.

Kia Kaha
    S.S.D.D.
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lol then does that mean that Lena is a she/he playing a he/she cause i know shes a she/she....... huggles Lena

I is all confused now Shao :p w00t Im the She Ra of the WF world ops damn it Venomancer World hehehe hmmmm then again I would be the sweet and innocent one :D haha yeah right damn halo blew up *winks at Whitetiger*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ayrwyn
    ayrwyn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I gotta say after spending months on PW-MY its gonna be very hard to call a WF...what is it they are changing it to...VM??? and how the heck do u pronounce that anyway? As for FB's...we could call it IT19...IT29...IT39...ETC for Iron Tablet. But if u see me on Forum or in WC saying: 1 WB needed for FB 69 don't shoot me lol old habits are hard to break.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ayrwyn wrote: »
    I gotta say after spending months on PW-MY its gonna be very hard to call a WF...what is it they are changing it to...VM??? and how the heck do u pronounce that anyway? As for FB's...we could call it IT19...IT29...IT39...ETC for Iron Tablet. But if u see me on Forum or in WC saying: 1 WB needed for FB 69 don't shoot me lol old habits are hard to break.

Ven-um-answer for your VM thing...

And "ID" would be good for "instance dungeon". Just a thought.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    glider wrote: »
    The problem with that problem is that 'most of the players' are us, from other regions. ;)

Think a bit further than just closed beta and you know what i meant about most of the players :D

Cant say how much new players are joining in CB,but after that the majority will really wonder if people use old abbreviations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Werefox/Werebeast's abbreviation will remain WF/WB, despite the name change everyone, including the new players, will still call them Werefox and Werebeast (possibly Werebear or Weretiger) because that's what they're going to see: an anthromorph foxgirl and a furry who turn into a fox and a tiger respectively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I think i could get used calling priests clerics,but the town names..... Plume City ? (Plume forest and Plume Lake)

Its going to be City of Feathers forever for me ;)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    From what I can see, it's always the same few players who are against the changes between here and MY-EN servers...

Against new abbreviations, against PvP/PvE servers, against the forbidden use of modified .ini files chars....

If you don't like changes, why did you came here? :confused:
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    May I just point out that from the get-go FB never made sense to me on my-en either. And it wasn't a lot of malaysians on the server it was much more ppl from europe and some from usa.

So in the spirit of change and new things I totally support the SG idea. Snuggle runs are just ftw and can easily be confused with offers for shecks so its just perfect ;)

However with the clases, maybe a lot of the new ppl here that havent played doesnt realise a VM(eww its a WF!!) actually has a skill to turn into a small red fox.. yea it doesnt turn into a venomous snake.. or a "mancer" it turns into a FOX. So I'd rather call it a venomfox or just the good old wf =P

It's hardly a trainsmash anyways, I'm pretty sure a lot of the ex my-en players will quickly band together and restart all the old guilds we've come to love and HATE(lots of those :P) and everyone there will be using the old names. This isnt because they are actively shunning newbies or trying to make things hard its just how we feel comfortable about things. It's really not that much of a trainsmash anyways jeez, its just a classname and it doesnt realy take a rocket scientist to learn the 6 abrev's or maybe 12 then with the alt ones now being used.

Lets just chill out about it and things will sort out soon enough after CB starts... and SR FTW!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • starfox
    starfox Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yes Venomancer is really stupid... i play a Heavy-Armor-Fox-type-WF in My-En server! I never use any Venom but i use Fox all the time... so for me it will always be a Werefox and nothing else!
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    XD goodluck with heavy fox build, ive made one to lvl 70 and then just before I cut my throat I bought restat stones. If they unlock the "magic weapon" requirements on the skills it would make the build more feasable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • starfox
    starfox Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    XD goodluck with heavy fox build, ive made one to lvl 70 and then just before I cut my throat I bought restat stones. If they unlock the "magic weapon" requirements on the skills it would make the build more feasable.

Heavy-Fox is only good for TW... but TW is the only thing i need to be happy! So for me its the best choice!
    btw is it named Territorial War in this version?
This discussion has been closed.