In-Game Screen Resolution

Options
judaspt
judaspt Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I don't know if this problem occurs in anyone else, but my gaming rig is a 17" laptop. So my resolution is 1440x900. In PW-MY the only resolution i could set was 1280x800, which would tone down the graphics a lot.

What I'm asking is to introduce this resolution in the game options, so i can see the graphics at full setting.

Thanks.
Post edited by judaspt on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I don't know what the MY client has for display settings, but look around for Windowed mode, and User as a resolution option and see if that helps.

Then you should be able to click and drag the PW window to the size of your screen, no problem.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I usually use windowed mode on my 1440x900. Barely any games support our resolution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Really? Most games from the last couple years have supported widescreen resolutions. My home desktop is 1680x1050, and I usually run things windowed at 1440x900.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    Really? Most games from the last couple years have supported widescreen resolutions. My home desktop is 1680x1050, and I usually run things windowed at 1440x900.

Not games I play :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, widescreen or not, I'll find a resolution that looks good. The graphically best resolution doesn't always work the best for pvp/pve.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • judaspt
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ROHAN does have 1440x900 xD (don't try it, lame game!)

Yeah, I've tried windowed but it has some breaks during gameplay that don't occur when i'm using fullscreen.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I use 1680x1050. I do not remember if Perfect World covers that. Does it? I feel dumb, lol
  • luiscool
    luiscool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Im play in 720p in Fullscreen
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Would be sweet if 1440x900 or any other higher widescreen resolution would be supported! PW-MY doen't support that resolution either...
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    judaspt wrote: »
    I don't know if this problem occurs in anyone else, but my gaming rig is a 17" laptop. So my resolution is 1440x900. In PW-MY the only resolution i could set was 1280x800, which would tone down the graphics a lot.

What I'm asking is to introduce this resolution in the game options, so i can see the graphics at full setting.

Thanks.

What? Unless you have a POS graphics card with no anti-aliasing capability, you're not going to notice the difference in resolution, especially on a 17" laptop monitor which is already a deprivation of the great visuals this game has to offer.
  • judaspt
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Believe me, you CAN notice the difference very well.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well in the FAQ section they post:

What are the system requirements?
    Operating System: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
    CPU: 800Mhz and above
    RAM: 256MB or more of RAM
    Hard Disk: 2.5G available HD space
    Graphic Display: 32MB 3D graphics card

That leads me to believe that these are the minimum required and not recommended.

So idk about how well I can run it resolution wise, but I doubt i can max it.
    To me its all about the game play and not so much how it looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    zezix wrote: »
    I use 1680x1050. I do not remember if Perfect World covers that. Does it? I feel dumb, lol
    The malaysian version did support it, so this one will, too

I think it's kinda funny it that it supports 1280x800 and 1680x1050 but doesn't support 1440x900 =/
    snaptrap wrote: »
    What? Unless you have a POS graphics card with no anti-aliasing capability, you're not going to notice the difference in resolution, especially on a 17" laptop monitor which is already a deprivation of the great visuals this game has to offer.
    Ever heard of the term "native resolution"?

@sphinx: never trust the minimum specs :p
    The listed specs will run PW on minimum graphic details and will still be lagging at about 10-15fps - tested on my old PC
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.