dragon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Blademaster
wich the better weapons duels blades duels swords or fist
Post edited by dragon on

Comments

• vasburg
    vasburg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    For PvE it's Dual Axes/Hammers, hands down. Most AOE attacks.

For PvP it's fist or polearms. Fist probably best against other melee fighters, while polearms are the best for general PvP.

(Dual) Swords/Blades rather suck at every occasion, but look the best - which is why every newbie usually picks 'em.
  • blue
    blue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The only thing vasburg has right on is PvE with axes/hammers. The AoE helps for grinding mobs. Also, Axes/Hammers are preferred for Territory War due to the doom skill (the dragon) that has a chance to put curse (take double damage) on the enemy.

Fist is more of a weapon against anything except heavy armor targets. They're much more effective against mages or clerics due to their skill canceling shadowless kick technique: it leaves them more or less useless for a few seconds. They are not, however, good against most other melee fighters if they wear heavy armor. I've beaten fist users in duels 10 levels above my own using a sword or spear with heavy armor. Their attack power is simply too low against heavy armored targets, even if their attack speed is the highest.

Sword and Spear are actually rather similar in terms of purpose in pvp and pve. They're really well balanced. In pvp, spear are slightly better over sword due to their range and skill selection (Back thrust>spirit chaser knack) (Whisk stab>Lethe stance). Though I hear swords will be buffed in future updates, so I don't know if this will apply in the future.

In terms of player killing..well..WR in general aren't the best class for it. Mages and Archers are better at that than WR. WR are not a ranged class in general, so it's harder to get the element of surprise and land in the sneak attacks often necessary for a pk.
  • lance
    lance Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    to add on what blue said, spears are also very useful in territorial wars cuz of their doom skill which reduces the physical def on the enemies hit by it (if maxed reduces to 50%)

Now imagine this picture in your head...spear warrior uses their doom skill on a group of robe users closed together, then the axe warrior uses his doom skill with range aoe attacks by archers equals bodybags on the floor lol
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    But the fist doom skill sounds so cool!:D
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Okay time to educate newbs.

Firstly, Fists suck. Period. I'm sorry but this is just the truth. Your damage is way to low to get past the hierogram of another person. Even against Robe Mages. The Doom skill is a line of fire that goes past the person, nothing flashy.

Spear Doom reduces 50% P.Def and 50% M.Def of everything in the AoE.

Swords have the strongest Doom skill, with a 200% damage modifier instead of the normal 100%. Also, Dual Swords provide excellent DPS. Swords are probably prefered for PKing, with Axes to use the stun.

Axes Doom, the Heaven Dragon Flame, gives everyone in the AoE a 100% increase in damage taken, it's not a chance.

Warriors make great PvPers, on the ground. Two sprint skills, one which makes you unable to be stun or slowed. And any Warrior who PKs will learn to Stunlock, which is the basis of a Warrior.
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    celes speaks the truth!!! however fist is pretty good in duels hahaha.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Please dont underestimate the power of axes when it comes to DPS and stun locking. The scariest wr would be a 90+ with a gx. other 90+ wr are just meh to me.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • bictor
    bictor Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    Please dont underestimate the power of axes when it comes to DPS and stun locking. The scariest wr would be a 90+ with a gx. other 90+ wr are just meh to me.

yj stop trolling on this forum -.- get back to lvl:D:p:eek:
    79 WR - Oracle
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    bictor wrote: »
    yj stop trolling on this forum -.- get back to lvl:D:p:eek:

B*tch + Victor = Bictor

noob...
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • dragon
    dragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    B*tch + Victor = Bictor

noob...

dont swear :mad::mad::eek::eek:
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Dual Hatchet for pve and fist gloves for pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • tune
    tune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmm in cb gonna try out spear :D
    but in ob im probably gonna end up with axe :p
    any other female wrs here?
    ♥tune
  • wantiid
    wantiid Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    spear ftw!! i luv spear
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tune wrote: »
    ♥tune

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3631/ina1166ov3.jpg

BAM!
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackmoon
    blackmoon Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    2 Axes for me xD , love those skills :)
  • blackmoon
    blackmoon Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I like the duel Axes xP
  • jamesc2682
    jamesc2682 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dont know much about witch or what weapons is best sence I have not played yet, but sence I know that I am going to play this game and not wanting my butt kicked on PvE or PvP for that matter. I just would like some info on whats best to start with.
  • jamesc2682
    jamesc2682 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok so what you'r saying is deul blades are the best for first starting players aka "Noobs"
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    tune wrote: »
    ♥tune

You can be both, thats what I'm doing.
    Axe for PvE, Spear for PvP.

Although I can use both Axe and Spear for PvP, I'll use Spear's doom skill to lower my opponents attack and defence by 50%, switch to axe to stun the hell out of them, and you should kill them in a couple hits with their attack and defence being lowered by 50%.

sealed~
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Try the other way around. Axe doom skill curses them, and switching to spear would open all hell. 2x damage > 50% reduction in defenses, due to the exponential nature of defense vs. damage reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Try the other way around. Axe doom skill curses them, and switching to spear would open all hell. 2x damage > 50% reduction in defenses, due to the exponential nature of defense vs. damage reduction.

Correct.

But 50% reduction in Attack and Defense + 2x damage after that = 1 hit *aoe*

sealed~
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    celes wrote: »
    Okay time to educate newbs.

Firstly, Fists suck. Period. I'm sorry but this is just the truth. Your damage is way to low to get past the hierogram of another person. Even against Robe Mages. The Doom skill is a line of fire that goes past the person, nothing flashy.

Spear Doom reduces 50% P.Def and 50% M.Def of everything in the AoE.

Swords have the strongest Doom skill, with a 200% damage modifier instead of the normal 100%. Also, Dual Swords provide excellent DPS. Swords are probably prefered for PKing, with Axes to use the stun.

Axes Doom, the Heaven Dragon Flame, gives everyone in the AoE a 100% increase in damage taken, it's not a chance.

Warriors make great PvPers, on the ground. Two sprint skills, one which makes you unable to be stun or slowed. And any Warrior who PKs will learn to Stunlock, which is the basis of a Warrior.

Thank you, i was beginning to think people didnt know what they were talking about. Swords are very good. Think about it. The only bad part about swords is they have lower dmg than axes/hammers. Having said that, if you use swords you will not only have alot higher base accuracy rate(not factoring in rings) and alot more crit. I know from experience that a sword warrior can kick the **** out of a werebeast a few lvls higher than the warrior cuz their dodge is better, they hit more often and have alot of crit.