Im pretty sure everyone wants to know is the rates gonna change at all on this server

ulti
ulti Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Just curious, Because i played MY-EN for a long time and the rates are **** on there. so could you please answer the question.

P.S thank you
~ulti~
Post edited by ulti on

Comments

• glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ulti wrote: »
    Just curious, Because i played MY-EN for a long time and the rates are **** on there. so could you please answer the question.

P.S thank you
    ~ulti~

Rates? Do you mean Item Mall prices? Drop rates? What exactly?
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    heh if its item mall stuff, can we just take a look at the american economy for sec and act accordinally. :D
  • chaos
    chaos Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Heh, oh gosh...never thought of that
  • jar
    jar Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    glider wrote: »
    Rates? Do you mean Item Mall prices? Drop rates? What exactly?

lmao man you guys must not have played pw for very long, he's talking about the xp rate and stuff how easy/fast is it to lvl
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    jar wrote: »
    lmao man you guys must not have played pw for very long, he's talking about the xp rate and stuff how easy/fast is it to lvl

Well that's generally what rates mean in any MMORPG. WoW has terrible rates, even now, after all those patches. Hopefully it won't be too easy but won't be grindy either.
    Leader of: DivideBy0
    DivideBy0 looking for members on Lost City server, PM for invite and details.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    IDK, The rates in MY-EN are pretty easy til you get into 8x or so. I doubt they'll make it much easier.

I am so stoked about this version!
  • glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Yeah, but in this MMO, levels 1 through 30+ is all quest based - you really don't feel the XP rates/grind until much, much later - that's why I didn't think you were talking about XP rates...
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I don't know if I will be willing to leave pw my, >_> ugh. so much work put into my char.
    Though >_=
  • jar
    edited July 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    I don't know if I will be willing to leave pw my, >_> ugh. so much work put into my char.
    Though >_=

should be easier the second time around, you will already have experience on the game
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    should be easier the second time around, you will already have experience on the game

Exactly. I always enjoy starting from scratch in MMO's for some reason. It let's me use the experience I've gained from previous versions to advance my characters much faster than before. I do this every time the ladder re sets in Diablo 2 :o
  • iknowmymom
    iknowmymom Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So does that mean that the exp rate will be the same or better or worse?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    iknowmymom wrote: »
    So does that mean that the exp rate will be the same or better or worse?

A GM will have to answer that, if they are able to divulge such information
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    True, xD Man I'm excited, I dunno if I wanna do a gender swap though, become a wb, seeing they are needed allot. My other char is an EP in MY, ugh, or should I make a wf to harvest money first. >_>
    I'm guessing the prices might be lower for items..mm.
    *pleasure face goes here*
  • jar
    edited July 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    Though >_=
    hawk wrote: »
    Exactly. I always enjoy starting from scratch in MMO's for some reason. It let's me use the experience I've gained from previous versions to advance my characters much faster than before. I do this every time the ladder re sets in Diablo 2 :o
    lol thats what i been telling everyone else i talk to on other forums who are afraid or dont wanna have to do everything over again, cause you should be able to get right back up there faster then your first time since youll already know the quests and stuff youll know the build you like so yeah
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I agree. Plus it's a nice fresh start for everyone. Hopefully we dont have only 3 guilds controlling everything on this server like it is on Delphi.. God that sucked.

Also.. NO MORE LAG!!

So now we can ACTUALLY play
  • jar
    edited July 2008
    zezix wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Plus it's a nice fresh start for everyone. Hopefully we dont have only 3 guilds controlling everything on this server like it is on Delphi.. God that sucked.

Also.. NO MORE LAG!!

haha yeah hated the big 3, espada, legacy and immortal was almost no reason to do TW's
  • epiphany
    epiphany Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Also.. NO MORE LAG!!

Yup and no more using the "I was lagging" excuse when we lose in PvP.

lol
  • jar
    edited July 2008
    lol yeah no more server lag
  • lajer
    lajer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Heh, I'm very exited bout being lagless, not that I lagged all that much in MY-EN but ofcorse it had its moments :P

Perhaps the rates on the servers are going to be the same, just because it seems to have worked so well on all the other PW's (Other then private servers that is)
  • zezix
    edited July 2008
    epiphany wrote: »
    Yup and no more using the "I was lagging" excuse when we lose in PvP.

lol
    Awww darn, you sure we can't still use that? Pretty please?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ulti wrote: »

P.S thank you
    ~ulti~

In terms of EXP and leveling. We definitely are aiming to maintain a delicate balance. We want it to be easy for people to play and advance, but at the same time, achieving max level isn't really an achievement if it's something easy to accomplish. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iknowmymom
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    In terms of EXP and leveling. We definitely are aiming to maintain a delicate balance. We want it to be easy for people to play and advance, but at the same time, achieving max level isn't really an achievement if it's something easy to accomplish. ;)

Yes exactly that is pretty hard because no one wants to play a game as it was a job. Job meaning that the exp is very little where you have to spend 3 to 5 hours to level and make the game no fun. That is very hard to decide and I wait along with others surely to see how you guys do!
  • zezix
    edited July 2008
    Honestly, this game is not that hard at all to level in, at least PW-MY-EN wasn't.

If you REALLY want to you can get to level 60 in a week, maybe less. Besides, what is the fun in any game if you dont actually have to work for it? I don't see any fun in that at all.
  • iknowmymom
    edited July 2008
    Honestly, this game is not that hard at all to level in, at least PW-MY-EN wasn't.

If you REALLY want to you can get to level 60 in a week, maybe less. Besides, what is the fun in any game if you dont actually have to work for it? I don't see any fun in that at all.

True, but working hard and working overtime are two very different things...take silkroad for example. That exp is so ridiculous its basically forcing people to quit, bot, or just wait their life and play 8 hours to get 10%. All i am saying is that if its the same exp as MY or better i hope its for the best....but if they change the exp to be lower then i would like to see how it affects the game. Maybe more socializing since your training longer...idk
  • zezix
    edited July 2008
    I agree with the Silkroad comment, gosh I hate that game, lol..

Anyways, I doubt they lowered Exp at all. If they did anything to it (Which I HIGHLY doubt) they raised it. So don't be too worried =]
  • iknowmymom
    edited July 2008
    Ya this month to wait for this game is going to take FOREVER!!!!
  • zezix
    edited July 2008
    I know *cries* There is nothing to do!
  • katora
    katora Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hehe xfire and msn ftw??:p:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »

True that! I'ts probably the hardest thing to balance right in any game anyway, so I'm looking forward to the new system.

And in my opinion the PW-MY version didn't do all bad. It is nice to be able to level up a few lvls on quests alone. I don't really like to be forced to grind that much. Of course it's different if you have grinding quests or something :p
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I actually prefer grinding over questing :eek:

So if the rates are raised, yippee for me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
This discussion has been closed.