State of the Game

Options
antonio0590
antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
The game might finally be coming to an end.

Using the other games the company has decided to close down, we may be getting an announcement of the game closing soon.

Previously we had been getting update for the boutique and spend/charge promo news updates every week. We haven't had a new news post in a 6 weeks after getting them every week or two. Which means they might be done milking this game.

When Forsaken World was announced to be shut down, they had no news posts for 3 months.

So this is just a heads up on what may come in the next few weeks.

Comments

• orseffa#9907
    orseffa#9907 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Daddy chill.

Anole/Fero not posting anything in more or less than a month (in this case, five weeks) is nothing new, although two months would be concerning. Let's root for either/both of them though, I think they're trying to break a record. ANOLE AND FERO, GO GET THAT EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH AWARD! Wooo!
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    why so negative , this game has run since year 2008 and it still going strong , what we need is update more often , i still enjoy this game super much , im not a game jumper , if i was a game jumper i will winn nothing but lose time and get behind all other players , so far i know california had a tough summer and hard heat wave that can hit the staff of the games
  • antonio0590
    Options
    Daddy chill.

Anole/Fero not posting anything in more or less than a month (in this case, five weeks) is nothing new, although two months would be concerning. Let's root for either/both of them though, I think they're trying to break a record. ANOLE AND FERO, GO GET THAT EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH AWARD! Wooo!

kinda easy to be employee of the month when your the only employees lol
    fededomino wrote: »
    why so negative , this game has run since year 2008 and it still going strong , what we need is update more often , i still enjoy this game super much , im not a game jumper , if i was a game jumper i will winn nothing but lose time and get behind all other players , so far i know california had a tough summer and hard heat wave that can hit the staff of the games

Not being negative. just pointing out a similarity in how PWE/Arc handle their game closures.

I wouldnt say the game is going strong. I'd say its chugging along.
  • orseffa#9907
    orseffa#9907 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    The sarcasm in my response was loud and clear. This inactivity equates to laziness. But I disagree on them being the 'only employees' part. There's support and the persons they answer to. The administration behind this game is the least ideal of persons to run a game. Other PW servers have monthly events and codes and freebies for their players, whereas our server, the game itself and the playerbase are nothing more than an afterthought. The last event, in the Tremolo Kingdom, Anole/Fero didn't even bother to post the mechanics, let alone the rewards, and left us to figure it out on our own. Jesus. This makes you question, are they even paid for this laziness? Anyway. . . Personally, I don't think the end is coming for PWI, because for sure, PWI is a cash-waterfall that makes 5 digits a month and 6 digits yearly despite it being a not-so-colorful for a game for a couple of years now. But on the off-chance that you are correct, I'll officially believe that it is the end of the world when it's officially announced that it's the end of the world. But I'm gonna reiterate, a month without a news post from my FAVORITE duo-Anole and Fero-is nothing new, but two months would be a new record for them.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'm sure there is a reason. I can't say to much at the moment. We have been getting weekly patch notes which is fantastic tho.

I'm sure things are safe for now.

On a side note I've asked about the news pages updates already awaiting a reply.

Thanks.
  • heavensdevil115
    heavensdevil115 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    We'll see what happens for the next anniversary which is coming very soon. Maybe they will actually do something.
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 396 Arc User
    Options
    Since they acquired PWE, it has been clear that they have no interest in merely publishing Chinese games over which they have no control. "Forsaken World" serves as an example of this. Their focus is on creating and publishing their own games. When they acquired PWE, their intentions became evident: they aimed to take over the studios (PWE and Cryptic) as well as the games developed by these studios, such as "Neverwinter."

However, there hasn't been an official announcement yet. If PWI continues to generate revenue, they are unlikely to shut it down unless they decide to close the studios themselves. Nonetheless, only time will reveal the truth. Currently, there are delays in the expansions; previously, PWI used to be around 4 to 6 months behind PWCN, but now it lags behind by a year. PWRU is more up-to-date than PWI, which is an unprecedented situation. Events that other servers receive are missing for us, and there is no Community Manager (CM) to engage with players or even moderators. Furthermore, the "news post" feature has been abandoned. In a game, it's essential to provide at least the basic information if you intend to sell something within it. I genuinely enjoy this game, but the management of PWI seems to be deteriorating, going from bad to worse.

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    No Moderators?

It's been the case for a while. I do believe the communication has played its part, I will always have hope!

I believe if we had a cm PWI would be in a stronger position today.

I still have hope!

Thanks.
  • hokker#1570
    Options
    No Moderators?

It's been the case for a while. I do believe the communication has played its part, I will always have hope!

I still have hope!

Thanks.

Oh, I meant communication between CM and moderators. In other servers like PWBR, the moderators can easily talk to the CM, and things are fixed. They bring stuff to the boutique and introduce Chinese events based on these conversations.

I also want the best for this game.
  • barrun
    barrun Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    There is no GM in this game, no one who can enter in game and trigger even an event, the worst thing that happened was Gearbox buying PWE and having the pwi in their hands, there is no respect for their players, there is no communication... There are weekly updates of their other games,
    games that in my opinion do not reach 40% of what the pwi represents in terms of game, the pwi servers are simply empty and dead. To find certain items for sale is a rarity, people in the WC begging to buy gold and nobody from this company does absolutely nothing to feed the game.
    And it's no use coming to the forum to cry because there's a moderator who's just an owl to deliver messages to that person that nobody knows who and there's never a response back
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2023
    Options
    No Moderators?

I still have hope!

Thanks.

Oh, I meant communication between CM and moderators. In other servers like PWBR, the moderators can easily talk to the CM, and things are fixed. They bring stuff to the boutique and introduce Chinese events based on these conversations.

I also want the best for this game.

Ah yer to be fair thats aways been a rollacoster. Ive always mantained this is something of a big point. This is the reason Ive been trying to fill the gap where I can.

Your right tho and Ive said a number of times we could use a CM and better communication. Now I hope its not 2 late.

Thanks.
  • hokker#1570
    Options
    well, we got a news post image.png
  • antonio0590
    Options

does it really count? lol
  • hokker#1570
    Options
    Not a big deal, but at least Fero is still alive xD
    Let's wait for next month, pwi anniversary right? so maybe they're gonna do something in this month
  • archnohobia
    archnohobia Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    Look guys. We all hoping for a change, but no one is cheering for this news. They giving compensation to other servers for trouble only DA had. Me personally ..I´m ok with giving other server/players something but this for me, is zero effort from them.( Of course it is no-brainer to give the same code to others server when they did not lost any progress whatsoever, only DA players did, DA players should get more for the trouble then any server and every server should get much more because 2 month shown big finger to the community). But everyone accepted the truth and redeemed the code just like that.

If you think something(like anniversary) will change their approach you are dead wrong. Because "they working hard as a sigma rocks, they don´t have time to post anything, cuz they programming hard for our community to get us content china has, it just takes time"... that is delusional.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2023
    Options

does it really count? lol

Soon...

Thanks.
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    Look guys. We all hoping for a change, but no one is cheering for this news. They giving compensation to other servers for trouble only DA had. Me personally ..I´m ok with giving other server/players something but this for me, is zero effort from them.( Of course it is no-brainer to give the same code to others server when they did not lost any progress whatsoever, only DA players did, DA players should get more for the trouble then any server and every server should get much more because 2 month shown big finger to the community). But everyone accepted the truth and redeemed the code just like that.

If you think something(like anniversary) will change their approach you are dead wrong. Because "they working hard as a sigma rocks, they don´t have time to post anything, cuz they programming hard for our community to get us content china has, it just takes time"... that is delusional.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I don't think they've ever had server exclusive codes before, quite possible it's something that can't be done unless they're sent directly to everyone on the server as individual one time use codes through email which might not be as logistically possible as when it's done in response to a single ticket. I have seen the drop, spirit, and exp multipliers set for individual servers before or certain events, think those are flags that can be set individually and don't require additional code and thought they already announced that da was getting those, but thought originally that was only supposed to be for da server or possibly a current one extended for them.

Our version has gear and stuff in it that's different than what china has, and unfortunately china handles the programming for it, not us so it does take time. Although it probably shouldn't take as long as it has been lately, used to be only a difference of about 3 to 6 months depending on size of the major update but some of the more recent ones have been almost a year or more and when stuff breaks it has to be forwarded to them and they decide whether it's critical enough for an immediate fix, like something completely breaking servers or cash shop, or something that they feel can wait till a later major patch. Not sure we'll ever know exactly why the delay for updates and patches is there but there are plenty of theories. Unfortunately in this case the problem was compounded by multiple hardware and backup failures that also lined up with an update that broke more things as was stated in other posts. You can't always plan for hardware failures, but you can try to mitigate them as much as possible, or hope the hardware you have isn't defective or fails without warning.
  • antonio0590
    Options
  • heerohex#3018
    Options

There was a reason for everything slowing down. Just gonna take time for things to get back to normal.

Everytime I ask about PWI I get told it's safe. It was a worry I agree withe the lack of news posts.

But the latest communication have been top notch. When have we ever had a breakdown on a server issue, never! Or patch notes not since the last CM. I really hope this is a good sign.

Thanks