Need Help | Newbie First PC Build

Options
themasterofnone#2129
themasterofnone#2129 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2023 in Off-Topic Discussion
It's my first time building a PC and I have zero knowledge about it, that includes what type of brands are good, part compatibility, etc.

Anyways, I posted a detailed topic in Reddit if anyone wanna check it out. I tried to be as detailed as I can be in that topic to help people have a better idea as to what kind of PC I want to build.

Note: if planning on recommending a PCPartPicker, do so in Canadian currency or this.
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• gukibl#4031
    gukibl#4031 Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    No need to check it out since it's not relevant for playing PWI.
    To get help building your pc just ask people from your hardware store for tips and have enough money ready. As for PWI: any computer with Win10/11 a nice GFX card en enough HDD space would be enough.
  • themasterofnone#2129
    Options
    Thanks for your time looking into this post of mine. Just wanted to kindly let you know that the reason why I posted this thread under Off-Topic Discussion is because it's not related to PWI in general.
    To get help building your pc just ask people from your hardware store for tips and have enough money ready.
    If you were to read the link I included in this post, you would know that I will be ordering all the parts online due to the fact that the nearest PC store near me is roughly 2 hours worth of commute. As for the money part, I got that covered which is also part of that link.
    As for PWI: any computer with Win10/11 a nice GFX card en enough HDD space would be enough.
    I'm not entirely sure if you're kidding or not because having these stuff can of course run PWI.

Overall, I appreciate your time leaving a comment here and by no means am trying offend you.

Thanks.
  • buurman#2138
    buurman#2138 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    To get help building your pc just ask people from your hardware store for tips and have enough money ready. As for PWI: any computer with Win10/11 a nice GFX card en enough HDD space would be enough.

you forget 1 thing: 64-bit procs. Not sure if it's even possible to buy a 32-bit processor nowadays. As a GFX card I would go for the Geforce but this is already mentioned on the other website (see first post). Also for PWI it's not needed to use the max. resolution. HDMode in PWI isn't really HD but only some other textures/polygons. I already build many comp's. however if it's also for the other games (see the other site) I would still play PWI in Windowed mode. This is because I also use Adobe software, office, and multiple browsers. Many peops on my server play windowed mode just to have multiple PWI clients active and windowed is much easier than using the shortcut Win+Tab. In short: any modern build would to the job for themasterofnone.

a bit offtopic: I use 'the other site' because as far as I know we aren't allowed to put links to other sites in this forum. But I can be wrong.
  • evarez#8371
    evarez#8371 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Sure, here is a recommendation for a PC build using PCPartPicker, listed in Canadian currency:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($314.99)
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-Pro Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.99)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($89.99)
    Storage: Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe SSD ($119.99)
    Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 6GB TUF Gaming Video Card ($379.99)
    Case: NZXT H510 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($139.99)
    Total Cost: $1364.93

Please note that prices may vary based on location and availability. These components were selected to balance performance, cost and reliability, but you may want to consider your specific needs and budget when making your selection.
  • sliepiehet#4650
    sliepiehet#4650 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Good recommendation for PWI but a totally overkill too. PWI is an old game so doesn't need good hardware. If you can run Win10 you can play PWI. Even if you run Win on a virtual system. It's better to check other (newer) games and then build a pc. That's unless you like the recommendation and need 8+ PWI accounts online at the same time.
  • bibahrayeq#3175
    bibahrayeq#3175 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Of course! I'd be happy to help you with your first PC build. Building your own PC can be a rewarding experience, and I'll do my best to guide you through the process. Here are some steps to get you started:

Determine your budget and requirements: Decide how much you're willing to spend on your PC and what you plan to use it for. This will help you choose the right components.

Research and choose your components: Look for components that fit your budget and requirements. Here are the key components you'll need:

Processor (CPU)
    Graphics card (GPU)
    Motherboard
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Necro thread closing.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.