Why do we have to close the client completely and restart Arc to login?

Options
psumiku
psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Support Desk
Why can I not just use the in-game login with my PWI Account username like I used to? It always times out/is stuck on logging in now like below despite there being ping values shown on the server lists and being able to get through to the title screen/etc?

c1cnrvqk2c5w.jpg

Why do I have to always quit the client (And Arc) completely if I disconnect (or want to change servers) even though there is a way in-game to reconnect to the server? I got disconnected by my Internet going down, and the "Already logged in" Error below is constantly happening because the game client won't let me login in-game with my PWI account like it used to be able to so I can "Force login" to rectify the below error:

7asbqpzsbr7h.jpg

Comments

• gukibl#4031
    gukibl#4031 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Answers on the questions you asked can be found in other threads.
    But to be short:
    Why can I not just use the in-game login with my PWI Account username like I used to?
    This is because we need to use Arc to start PWI and other games.
    Why do I have to always quit the client (And Arc) completely if I disconnect (or want to change servers) even though there is a way in-game to reconnect to the server?
    . If you get disconnected you don't need to restart Arc but you have to wait until creportbugs is finished. You can abort it via taskmanager. Again: you cannot start PWI via the log in screen from PWI.

• psumiku
    psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    This is because we need to use Arc to start PWI and other games.

From what I understand this only pertains to players who don't have a PWE Account from before the whole new login system was added. The in-game login should still be capable of accepting a PWE Account login.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It's because they changed it so the game needs to accept a token from Arc in order to log in successfully. Without the token, it'll just time out or act like you've submitted the wrong password. The token does time-out if you take too long to log in after pressing play on Arc.

They changed it because of some botting issues in the past in an attempt to counter it. At this point it's been like 4 years since they made this change, so I highly doubt they'll change it back.

As for why we have to close it completely, it's simply because the program doesn't have the functionality to log in multiple accounts even though it should. It was being looked into years ago, when Kalyst was still here I believe. After she left, it never got picked back up.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com