Time Zone (EU) [Maintenance Discussion] 3/27/22

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
Please feel free to update if needs be. Please remember to keep checking for updates.

Quick warning: time zone changes overnight may affect the servers. This will happen before 2am CET (6pm PDT and 9pm EDT tonight) as the servers have to be offline when the time change happens (this is based using info from previous time changes). Please allow a fair time before the servers come back online. 2 hours is the normal suggested time.

**ALSO: Please check your X-Server times as they may be different for X-Server events such as XTW/XNW if you live outside the EU or if your clocks do not change. For players affected by the recent time changes in the US, your X-Server event times will go back to normal.

ALL SERVERS will be taken offline for this maintenance to make sure that Cross Server events work correctly.
WARNING FOR DAWNGLORY PLAYERS - Faction Bases may also reset. This includes Chivalry Points/ Trials / Trials Rewards in Safe / Loyalty Funds / Faction Points.
No compensation yet but we'll have to see.

Euro Servers - Dawnglory/Cross Server
For time zone changes Click Here. / For time zones Click Here. US time zones are included in this link.
​​
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com

Comments

• obielle
    edited March 2022
    Adding to here that I did request the DST compensation but I'm not extremely hopeful as I got a pretty standard response - they told me to discuss it on forums so here it is. We all want DST compensation please, lol.

• plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    We want a compensation for getting chivs this week that just disapears for this reason.
    Same for US servers!
    Also we love you arc.
    Love us back ;)
  • kob1965
    kob1965 Posts: 1 New User
    Why take down US server day light savings time was weeks ago here. Right in the middle of a Boss.
  • harriecao#5511
    harriecao#5511 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Compensation please
  • cecesloves
    cecesloves Posts: 16 Arc User
    considering that a tw was also going on when they decided to shut down servers... compinsation would greatly be appreciated.
  • silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    Rather than compensation, though that is a half decent secondary action, it would be better if we just didn't lose chivalry points in such a server reset in the first place. I mean, come on, that's ridiculous in 2022. Such coding surely cannot be that difficult to achieve or ask for from the Wanmei developers. Not even mobile/cell game developers have issues like this often anymore.

I'd also like any compensation to be actual event gold cards, not randomised scratch cards. Absence notes would also be welcome for many.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • sinme79
    sinme79 Posts: 60 Arc User
    Event Gold Compensation PLEASE. Not those scratch-card packs like silva said above. Actual Event Gold. A code wouldn't be that hard to come up with every once in a while either, to support those that stay around and support your game. IJS.
  • monkey905#9955
    monkey905#9955 Posts: 12 Arc User
    The only compensation I can personally get to be satisfied is them showing they care by fixing the god damn game. Fix 3v3 and Chrono asap. I doubt ET is gonna get any compensation for that either just a "sry for the inconvience".
  • blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Looks like they added an hour instead of taking it away for the Eu DST change I have always been 1 hr behind the server checked today and its 2 hr behind now people may want to be checking that as its going to mess with a lot of EU players.
  • diamondparties#6131
    diamondparties#6131 Posts: 7 Arc User
    2x compensation! Especially since we will have to do another maint.
  • obielle
    blue20 wrote: »
    Looks like they added an hour instead of taking it away for the Eu DST change I have always been 1 hr behind the server checked today and its 2 hr behind now people may want to be checking that as its going to mess with a lot of EU players.

Someone did mention to me that the time in the calendar was not correct after the US DST maint (which I can confirm). It looks like that might be the same case for the Dawnglory server now? I'm seeing 23:00 in the calendar when it should be 22:00.

I think things should still occur at their usual times like your reset should be in 2 hours, but with the calendar not displaying the correct times it is going to mess some people up especially since Dawnglory has US players merged into it.

• plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    obielle wrote: »
    blue20 wrote: »

Someone did mention to me that the time in the calendar was not correct after the US DST maint (which I can confirm). It looks like that might be the same case for the Dawnglory server now? I'm seeing 23:00 in the calendar when it should be 22:00.

I think things should still occur at their usual times like your reset should be in 2 hours, but with the calendar not displaying the correct times it is going to mess some people up especially since Dawnglory has US players merged into it.

The time indead is set wrong on DA, but daily reset on DA is still at 24:00 (correct time) like it shoud be.

Hope they fix it next maintenance and not on a extra reboot.

More people to ask for compensation, please, then we get one for sure (maybe).

Have a nice day all!
  • obielle
    Alright thanks for clearing that up for me. I did send in a ticket for the calendar issue and supposedly that one's getting forwarded to the devs for a fix. I did link them this forum thread in my ticket (which is why I got a better answer I think) so hopefully they also noticed the DST compensation posts too while they were here :p