PWI Future and

shmele
shmele Posts: 2 Arc User
https://embracer.com/release/embracer-group-enters-into-agreement-to-acquire-perfect-world-entertainment/

can't upload the image without going to url site, too lazy so just gonna post the actual link, sent few tickets and some of the senior gms seem to say nothing will be changed to pwi, a lot of rumors/topics been going on past few days about rather pwi will be cut off, because we're not mentioned in any of the news or spot lights. quote below is from another play.

sorry if i jump into this thread as an outsider, but since PWI (perfect world, the mmorpg) has not received the same newspost as CO, NW and STO, i was wondering if you have any info about the near future of PWI? thank you in advance!

^ this, can we just please get an admin to actually make a thread on this? two days already went by and nothing lol, literall causing players to panic.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Us community moderators haven't got any information on this acquirement - we pretty much only have the same information you guys do. I'm not too well-versed in this kind of thing, but the mods could ask staff a few questions about it for some clarification. Either way, don't think we'll really know the results of this until the transition period happens.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    maybe a actual change will happen to the game.Maybe like totally remake the main map..these 2008 graphics with low poly's,out of date structures,instances that no one ever see's anymore...its just a trash fest with random ideas thrown out there..redo it..make something happen to the main map..i know for sure when people see this game and download it they see the new area stuff and notthis out of date poopy ****.
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Well, I believe the new company can improve the customer service and hire at least one CM to interact with the Community and help the forum mods.... about ''change'' the game content/graphics I think it's more complicated, there is a difference between ''developer'' and '' publisher'', Perfect World developer is the chinese company Perfect World Games, they are the ones who create/edit/delete the content that comes to the game, PWE/Arc is a publisher, and as a publisher they can't modify anything in the game content, in other words, Arc has the right to publish the game but don't have the right to change it......

However I'm very curious about the future of PWI, PWE was subsidiary of PW(china) and now it was sold to another company, so early to say anything, just the time will tell

Plus: It's a fact that is a lot better to focus in the games that they develop(they have full control) than games that they just publish, like I said, pwe depends of pw(china) to change the game what is not so comfortable, I believe sometimes pwe staff would like to change things but without the chinese aproval nothing can be done

Now with PWE being sold it is possible that they will change the PWE name again since there is no connection between PWE and PWGames anymore, what raises another doubt and that is if pwi will continue living, well this is a very sensitive subject and there is no official information about it so, all we can do is wait

Everything will depend on the new company interest, they can continue like it is, so we won't ''feel'' anything or the can prefer work just in the product they develop(own) and end relationship with the chinese company, what would result in not renewing the contracts and then shuting down the game, however how I said it's a sensitive subject and there is no official information about anything
    Post edited by hokker#1570 on
  • deathbytuna
    games are judged by their forums and this forum is leaning on the almost dead even after the update(ape boy).
  • gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    PWI does have a future: more charge and spend rewards!

I also think deadbytuna is wrong since apes cannot use computers. But referring to all the alts (lol, watch XNW today, my server is full of alts that will be busy kicking the NPC) there are enough people who have made one or more windwalker apes. Yesterday I followed someone in Primal who actually made 7 alts follow! Wow 8x PWI on one computer means that person is addicted lol.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    Not everyone does XNW btw.

The alt armies are more for people who wanna sell there reward at the end or just to get more tokens.
    Since its allowed, so why not?

I dont do it, but understand people doing it.

New people comming in each day.
    Help them instead of being negative all the time!

Charge and spend rewards are for keeping the game alive.
    These days you gotta pay for everything in games, aps, dlc's etc..
    Its only normal they wanna make some profit to keep this game alive !

About selling this host to another hosting company.
    Im not afraid at all, if it makes money and people loving it, they will keep on going.
    Be aware of fake news these days.
    If ARC not official announce this it can be totally fake that link.
    Just wait and see, and all will be fine.

My motto is don't worry and be happy, problems are there to be solved.
    And they eventually will be solved :) .
    We all like to play this game, so be positive about it !

Have a nice day all !
  • deathbytuna
    PWI does have a future: more charge and spend rewards!

I also think deadbytuna is wrong since apes cannot use computers. But referring to all the alts (lol, watch XNW today, my server is full of alts that will be busy kicking the NPC) there are enough people who have made one or more windwalker apes. Yesterday I followed someone in Primal who actually made 7 alts follow! Wow 8x PWI on one computer means that person is addicted lol.

this game is that gas station on the edge of town..people rarely go to it but its there.