So, we will have a server merge!

Anyone remember the text earlier in this forum? No server merge planned?
Well, we could all see this text right after maintenance:

Attention!

You have more than 8 characters in
your account! You will lose your
characters
during the server merge.
Please delete any unnecessary
characters to avoid any loss!

Confirm

I'm not worried myself but I do have some questions that I
presume will not be answered by the officials.

My questions:

1. What will happen to the items people put in their codex?
2. Would people rage quit for spending too much gold coins?
3. The server merge years ago had give some people more than 8 characters, why is the new server merge disabling this?
4. Shouldn't there be a server merge for all servers, meaning no character loss at all?
5. So I need to buy more popcorn for all the drama expected in WorldChat? :D

K, the last question could also be written as: can I spend more money on other things instead of charge/spend rewards lol. Expecting less activity once people will notice the wrong character was deleted.

Comments

• happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    I'm going to assume for now that this is leftover text from China and has no meaning for us at all.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    We will ask as part of our critical bugs report and update when we know more.

Thanks.
  • moonfairyz
    moonfairyz Posts: 9 Arc User
    So if we got 5 chars on same account, we would loose them?
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    moonfairyz wrote: »
    So if we got 5 chars on same account, we would loose them?
    I have only 1 on my account but I talked to someone a few weeks ago who had more than 8. So after reading the text I was thinking It would be a good time to invest some money in popcorn and watch the WorldChat qq because he/she shouldn't be the only one with more characters.
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    That would be the only way to get some people back to the game :D
  • chipsr01#2846
    rokon#1106 wrote: »

Damn, that would make my faction active again and that's the only thing in PWI I don't like: activity. lol.

Also: heero200, only a few players which I've spoken/written to today got that message but they had all more than 8 characters AND some of them got their character names on 2 servers while redeeming but they all play only on 1 server. Odd so thinking it's only a server-error or something that happened right after servers came back online.
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    Bait title and fake news.
  • chipsr01#2846
    edited June 2021
    Explain.

Maybe you didn't see/read the text at startup but it was there or at least on the screen of multiple players of my server. It was shown right after maintenance in our new start-screen. Also there are people who wrote about it in Anouncement (on this forum).

Obielle edit: image wasn't working and couldn't get it to work so here's the link instead.
    http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_capture.jpg
    Post edited by obielle on
  • dreamrosemusic
    dreamrosemusic Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have received this server merge message. I hope this is not true.
  • dreamrosemusic
    dreamrosemusic Posts: 8 Arc User
    Explain.

Maybe you didn't see/read the text at startup but it was there or at least on the screen of multiple players of my server. It was shown right after maintenance in our new start-screen. Also there are people who wrote about it in Anouncement (on this forum).

Obielle edit: image wasn't working and couldn't get it to work so here's the link instead.

Yep, that is what the message looks like for the server merge. It is not fake news.
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Its characters across your account cant be more than 16.
    Because they claim only 16 toons are possible on 1 account on 1 server
    And in the event they do end up doing a server merge, only 16 toons will stay on your account. The others will be deleted.
    Depending on how they do the merge will determine which toons will get deleted.
    The last merge sorted the toons in the order they were created.

So If you got more than 16 across all 4 servers, it might be a good idea to delete the ones you dont play.
    Otherwise you run the risk of losing a toon you actually use.
    Once you cut the number of toons down to 16 across all servers, the message should stop appearing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gSBY2R8zSNS5U4tA7
  • heerohex#3018
    rokon#1106 wrote: »

Damn, that would make my faction active again and that's the only thing in PWI I don't like: activity. lol.

Also: heero200, only a few players which I've spoken/written to today got that message but they had all more than 8 characters AND some of them got their character names on 2 servers while redeeming but they all play only on 1 server. Odd so thinking it's only a server-error or something that happened right after servers came back online.

Thanks.
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    Explain.

Could be some sort of bug as i never saw the message as i have one toon. There is the possibility they could be preparing for a server merge once we are close to the "The Birth of the Monkey" Expansion. But as of right now i don't see a server merge coming.
    p.s I could be wrong.
  • atguwt
    atguwt Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm only seeing this message on my accts that already have more than 8 characters on a single server from previous merge. If the account has 8 or less on that server then the message doesn't appear.

I'm leaning towards we weren't supposed to see the message at this time but it does suggest they've already laid the groundwork for future merges.
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The one bugged/glitched message players were hoping was true :disappointed:
  • heerohex#3018
    Had confirmation that this is an error and will be corrected at a later date your characters are not at risk of deletion.

This also confirms that we will not be having a server merge or no server merge is currently in planning.

On the note of the expired yearly rewards the GMs have confirmed that this will be looked into to. At this point in time I do not have any other information on this issue.

Please continue to report all the good, bad and the broken in the main thread.

Thanks.
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    Thank you so much for looking into this for us heero :)