How can I install the English game (instead of the German)?

gyroki
gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
My preference is set on "English", yet I got forced to download the German client. They don't ask you, it's just pure brute force.

Does this belong to one of their long-term strategies to get rid of every player or is there any way to bypass this bs?

Did anyone put this game for download on any other server (doesn't matter where on this planet, as long as the sever doesn't belong to this company?

Downloading 1 GB from from the inner of Mongolia or Alabama takes just a few minutes. But downloading PWI from California or France takes about one day. Because this company forces you to download every single file one by one. Why do they only hire very special people?

Btw, I installed it by using the new PW Passport.
This client even doesn't remember login data. The patcher is still the same (=still lousy) (setting a proper resolution in window mode is still impossible, "smooth" is still enabled if you "optimize" it, fonts are still way too small for a 4k screen, the cursor is too big and so on).

I deinstall now and maybe check in two months if there is any fix for this frustrating game.

Answers

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Hmm, did you try to install through the Arc client? I know PW Passport had issues with installing the game when I gave it a try but it didn't try to install the German client so I'm kinda confused :| I had to uninstall and reinstall using Arc to get the "correct" game client.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com