Bug, Edgerunner AOE, don’t channel.

Hey,

i Play Edgerunner since some months and see this bug very often, never made a report about it, but after I died yesterday sometimes cause the AOE don’t land, I am mad and make this Post now.

So, the Skill: Earth Punishment

It seems like it don’t channel at „Bigger Mobs“

Like Nemen in TT 4-2 or Flags in NR. There are some more situations where I had the Issue that it start to channel but then there was no attack / no damage.

It didn’t got interrupted or something. I guess it’s a Bug.

I try to make a Video from it latel.

Perhaps any here had this experience too.

Comments

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    I have an edge weapon with +3 range, when I use that skill it cancels every time. So i think you are not close enough for the aoe to hit (5 meter range)

Seems like a glitch, i guess need to walk a little closer to boss, or use aoe size glyph.
    m5arXCN.png
  • nklemm1#8434
    nklemm1#8434 Posts: 19 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »
    I have an edge weapon with +3 range, when I use that skill it cancels every time. So i think you are not close enough for the aoe to hit (5 meter range)

Seems like a glitch, i guess need to walk a little closer to boss, or use aoe size glyph.

The Range is 8m and my Weapon has 3,5m. I will try to get more close, but normally i am everytime very near.
  • veiszb
    veiszb Posts: 13 Arc User
    it's not an edge only bug, also it's present in the game since long time (doubt it would get fixed x.x ). It happens with mobs / bosses that are oversized (not always visually, but physically) to make players able to hit it from a little further. It works well on single target skills, but when you perform aoe skills, the target is sometimes out of your aoe range so it gets cancelled. To make sure your skills are getting casted you need to step a bit closer so the boss will be in your aoe range, but not too close so the boss wont step back to increase the distance between itself and you.

jijmoKx.png
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    This is a bug that's existed for a long time with every class, it happens on bosses and mobs with very large hit boxes. AOE's with a melee cast range can bug out on these bosses because its trying to hit the center of their hitbox and if its radius isn't big enough to reach it it will just put it on cooldown and do nothing. AOE's that have a range (HF for example with 8 meters) work because they cast from the center of the bosses hitbox instead of from your characters hitbox. With anything like this you'll just have to stand closer to it and your AOE will work.