Quest Failed - A Cryptic Journal

Options
When trying to complete the 'Twilight Sky' Chain in the Primal world, I realized the quest 'A Cryptic Journal' was registered as 'Fail'. This would normally be alright, however the rest of the chain after that quest has already been completed, so when you attack the rift no matter how far away the character is from it it will not teleport you to the next stage. I have recently done this exact same quest and had no issue at all. However doing the exact same thing on my wizard (Emoji) did nothing.

I assume this is because I did this chain initially with another and the wizard (Emoji) got pulled to the next 'NPC' so Emoji could continue the chain however failed that quest.

a752a380789c4ac48a31f7506ec8f70b.jpg

~~~

Reply from Ticket:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I've read that you encountered an issue with your A Cryptic Journal quest. As much as I would like to assist you with this, Game Masters are unable to affect your quest/progress due to technical limitations. That being said, I have passed the issue along to the development team for a possible fix. If you haven't already done so, I strongly encourage you to post about this on the official forums page. This way, other players would also be made aware of the issue and they can provide additional feedback to it. However, please note that the developers and QA team may not reply to your post but rest assured that they will see it there and they'll work their hardest to fix it as soon as possible. Our forums page has sections about the Latest News & Events, Feedback, Guides, Class Discussions, Quality Corner (Bug Reports), etc. Here is the forums link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/categories Any fixes would be implemented on future patches so please keep an eye on our website and official forums for updates.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding on this matter. Should you need assistance with other concerns, please inform us by creating a new support ticket to avoid confusion.

~~~

So any ideas?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hmm so looking at the steps, you may be able to make it complete a different way? I'm not sure if this will work since I can't remember if the rift can be killed normally but perhaps try these steps:
    1. Pick up the quest from the Abandoned Journal at Astraluna Steps (411, 508).
    2. Attack the Mysterious Rift next to the Abandoned Journal (412, 508).
    3. Enter Primal World's Story Mode. I think the closest NPC is Riptide Lord Hydro in Tideswell.

Because the rift teleports you into story mode, I figure that just going there through an NPC should also work? I'm not sure if there is a fail condition for the quest such as leaving a certain zone. Let me know if the above steps work or not.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com