Cant Update - Northern Realms -

Options

Comments

• tmurdyyy#0559
    tmurdyyy#0559 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Hey I’m in US EASTERN time and for some reason I’m trying to update the game but it keeps saying error and will not finish. Could you help me out to understand what is going on?
  • tmurdyyy#0559
    tmurdyyy#0559 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I’ve been trying for hours.
  • forumwatcher
    forumwatcher Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    It was working just fine yesterday and today I open it and find this new update, so I update the client and then this error shows up about quarter into the download process "file download appear error" retry or cancel. So I retry like 10 times and the same thing happens. It used to update just fine without any issues since I downloaded it which has been years I don't understand what happened now. I tried the ifix file no luck, verify button no luck, manual button no luck, update button and no luck there ether. I even tried restarting my lap top and even that didn't help ether. Nor restart update not resume update. I don't know what to do more besides uninstalling the whole thing and downloading it from scratch and I would rather not because it will take forever. I hope someone can help me out with this, anyone else have that issue ? Any other methods I could try ? Appreciate any help :'(

I got the answer you are looking for.
    Pay attention please, this "problem" it happened to me some years ago, exactly like this one, and I of course tried one bazillion of ways to fix it, from the absolutelly basic "reboot" till all the others, even including and ending with the longest one "uninstall, redownload and reinstall", and guess what? IT DIDNT WORK, IT DIDNT FIX, event when I was trying all those WAYS TO FIX IT I ended up **** and corrupting the launcher somehow. I never found out what happened and how to fix it...
    But after some time, I do not remember if it was hours or even days... I retried to log in again and guess what? IT JUST GOT LOGGED IN ALL QUIET AND SMOOTH.

So that its, PATIENCE its your best friend, and ya, and ofc, PATIENCE its the one thing that most online users DONT HAVE.

And here it comes the root of this problem, its my guessing at least, in accordance with my gaming/pc experience, the FILE PATCH its heavy one, and to transfer it to a new device (pc) its not easy and that fast, so, in the process and depending on network quality the transference can get some bugs and it throws that error msg, another fact to take in consideration its that many ppl can be trying to get the file and this it would affect the process also, so just start the UPDATE and leave it there some (many) hours and go out to enjoy the real world a bit, come back later and enjoy the game after the update gets done, eventually just leave it when most ppl its pushing the file update host and come to do it when its not that a POPULAR TASK.

Greetings and enjoy.

P.S.: You can keep trying 1 thousand solutions till you get your launcher or installer or so, CORRUPTED.
  • jessywolf100
    jessywolf100 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    It was working just fine yesterday and today I open it and find this new update, so I update the client and then this error shows up about quarter into the download process "file download appear error" retry or cancel. So I retry like 10 times and the same thing happens. It used to update just fine without any issues since I downloaded it which has been years I don't understand what happened now. I tried the ifix file no luck, verify button no luck, manual button no luck, update button and no luck there ether. I even tried restarting my lap top and even that didn't help ether. Nor restart update not resume update. I don't know what to do more besides uninstalling the whole thing and downloading it from scratch and I would rather not because it will take forever. I hope someone can help me out with this, anyone else have that issue ? Any other methods I could try ? Appreciate any help :'(

Pay attention please, this "problem" it happened to me some years ago, exactly like this one, and I of course tried one bazillion of ways to fix it, from the absolutelly basic "reboot" till all the others, even including and ending with the longest one "uninstall, redownload and reinstall", and guess what? IT DIDNT WORK, IT DIDNT FIX, event when I was trying all those WAYS TO FIX IT I ended up **** and corrupting the launcher somehow. I never found out what happened and how to fix it...
    But after some time, I do not remember if it was hours or even days... I retried to log in again and guess what? IT JUST GOT LOGGED IN ALL QUIET AND SMOOTH.

So that its, PATIENCE its your best friend, and ya, and ofc, PATIENCE its the one thing that most online users DONT HAVE.

And here it comes the root of this problem, its my guessing at least, in accordance with my gaming/pc experience, the FILE PATCH its heavy one, and to transfer it to a new device (pc) its not easy and that fast, so, in the process and depending on network quality the transference can get some bugs and it throws that error msg, another fact to take in consideration its that many ppl can be trying to get the file and this it would affect the process also, so just start the UPDATE and leave it there some (many) hours and go out to enjoy the real world a bit, come back later and enjoy the game after the update gets done, eventually just leave it when most ppl its pushing the file update host and come to do it when its not that a POPULAR TASK.

Greetings and enjoy.

P.S.: You can keep trying 1 thousand solutions till you get your launcher or installer or so, CORRUPTED.

Well too late for that, I redownload the whole thing again from scratch and now I'm letting it update again and hopefully it will update fine this time. Your words are good but it looks like many many people are having this same issue so i think patience won't fix it until the Devs fix it themselves as its a common issue with this new update. But here I am il just let it be and wait and hopefully my redownloading and reinstalling from scratch and hours upon hours will not have been in vain ...........
  • forumwatcher
    Options

Greetings and enjoy.

Well too late for that, I redownload the whole thing again from scratch and now I'm letting it update again and hopefully it will update fine this time. Your words are good but it looks like many many people are having this same issue so i think patience won't fix it until the Devs fix it themselves as its a common issue with this new update. But here I am il just let it be and wait and hopefully my redownloading and reinstalling from scratch and hours upon hours will not have been in vain ...........

Even awaiting for the Devs fixing the problem it will involve PATIENCE.
    Lemme tell you that redown+reinst wont fix it (but I wont deny that 0.1-1.0 % of users finish that process just around the time the update file host gets better and they get to think that THIS ITS THE SOLUTION), its not that kind of problem, its just that the host for the file update its unstable atm and we must to await till it gets stable.
    So, even back to what you are doing atm, that its PATIENCE also coz of you need to AWAIT TILL THAT METHOD FINISHES. See? Nobody can say HEY I WANT IT NOW AND GETS IT "NOW", everybody just get it when its.

Greetings and enjoy.
  • snickers19#2033
    snickers19#2033 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Still not able to update or log in, now it is saying version unknown and is going through verifying. This has been going on for hours. What do i need to do to fix this? Bartsgirl
  • bluesea#7466
    bluesea#7466 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    now again 2 hours trying to get the update - nothing it stops at 45% - always switching between the two servers - nothing - waiting start again - waiting start again - nothing - these are my 2 free days - :s
  • menavino#5054
    menavino#5054 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you ;)
    I wanted to ask the same question but could not create a thread.
  • forumwatcher
    Options
    now again 2 hours trying to get the update - nothing it stops at 45% - always switching between the two servers - nothing - waiting start again - waiting start again - nothing - these are my 2 free days - :s

Just await till the host goes soft and download/update later and you will be playing pwi sooner, go and enjoy other stuffs while the update file host gets stable.
  • jessywolf100
    Options
    My problem has been solved thank god ^_^ glad to say that my waiting for over 12 hours for it redownload from scratch and reinstall helped and it wasn't in vain. Guess reinstall really did fix the issue but I pray I will never have to do that again because it takes years >_<
  • trippycat#9574
    trippycat#9574 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Idk if this is relevant, but I went through update logs and they say that the update is complete while the launcher is stuck downloading ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • meshaun2
    meshaun2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still isn't working!!
  • luminited#5223
    luminited#5223 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    file download appear error and ikeep switching patch1 and patch2 but still not working im just at 45%
  • closeder44
    closeder44 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I just downloaded archive with the game from one of the users this site, who has successfully updated version, and unpacking it to my PWI_en folder with all file replacement. Its work! I can playing again.
    Sure, there was riscs, then i downloaded stranger's files, but antivirus didnt find anything.
  • closeder44
    closeder44 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Alright, so me and my wife have tried many things to resolve this issue for a friend but with no success.
    So we decided to just upload the full working folder from My working game.

Here it is, for all of you who want to give it a shot.

Remember to simply replace the folder PWI_en wherever you have it currently installed, you can also just rename the old folder.
    Also remember to restart Arc before trying to launch PWI again, as it has to load the new config-file and etc.

Let me know if it works! ^_^​​

It's works. Thank you for it.
    I sorry, that the link was deleted from your post, it's can be helped for many people.
  • luminited#5223
    Options
    closeder44 wrote: »
    I just downloaded archive with the game from one of the users this site, who has successfully updated version, and unpacking it to my PWI_en folder with all file replacement. Its work! I can playing again.
    Sure, there was riscs, then i downloaded stranger's files, but antivirus didnt find anything.

where you get the archiver?
  • caoimghgin
    caoimghgin Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    guys don't redownload the game its not gonna fix because this update really messed up the patcher for many players -_- only thing we can do now is leave it downloading to see if it finishes

I restarted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled, then just left it with the repeated 'try again' of the error message automatically every 10 seconds overnight. No luck. Going to just play another game for a few weeks. I'll try again then maybe.
  • longstrider
    longstrider Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Still not downloaded , over 19 hours and still stuck halfway, continously stopping with that error message and retrying,
  • jessywolf100
    Options
    Idk if this is relevant, but I went through update logs and they say that the update is complete while the launcher is stuck downloading ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's strange I don't know what to say, the only thing that worked for me was redownloading and reinstalling the whole game again from scratch
  • jessywolf100
    Options
    file download appear error and ikeep switching patch1 and patch2 but still not working im just at 45%

Reinstalling and redownloading fixed my issue, nothing else worked :(
  • jessywolf100
    Options
    caoimghgin wrote: »
    guys don't redownload the game its not gonna fix because this update really messed up the patcher for many players -_- only thing we can do now is leave it downloading to see if it finishes

I restarted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled, then just left it with the repeated 'try again' of the error message automatically every 10 seconds overnight. No luck. Going to just play another game for a few weeks. I'll try again then maybe.

The only thing that worked for me was uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing again :/ idk why it's not working by you, maybe wait a while and try again later ?
  • lunabelle621
    lunabelle621 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    since 6/10/2020 at 3pm est I been trying to download this dam patch and its stuck at 30% with file dl appear error all the time. im switching back and forth to 1 -2 but I get nothing.. im not starting over Again like I had to from before. to much time and items I have on my accounts. plus nearly 300$ in game lol
  • ink#4105
    ink#4105 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    idk will it help or no but try to turn off firewall
    it worked in my case
  • forumwatcher
    Options
    The ones pretending to say that "redown/reinst" fix this trouble are just not helping, you redown and reins when your game gets crashed/corrupted which its not the problem here.
    The real problem its not being able to fully download the new update/patch coz of the FILE HOST SERVER its high on traffic, and that doesnt let to download the full size of the patch regularly, lets say we download 1mb then it gets bugged, we push by TRY AGAIN and we make it to download another 1mb and then gets bugged... and so and so... ciclyc... we are basically downloading 1 or 2gb file size by 100k stacks... and that can take MANY HOURS... unless you randomly get luck and get a smooth download.

So, and again, redown and reinst got NOTHING RELATED TO current trouble.

Greetings and enjoy.
  • calisthenics#5358
    calisthenics#5358 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    Still not downloaded , over 19 hours and still stuck halfway, continously stopping with that error message and retrying,

If you didn't get this fixed yet, when the dialogue pops up to stop, hit "stop update". Then Hit "Play" and uncheck "p2p" option and switch download patch servers. This worked for me.

Retired, Mixed Martial Artist, Lone wolf, Calisthenics junkie
  • boulragh
    boulragh Posts: 0 Arc User
    Options
    I cant update to the latest update, i just keep getting "file download error", any idea what to do ?
  • shocklore
    shocklore Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    That won't work and I have better things to do with my time. Hey PWI get this in your little heads there are better games who know how to do things right.
  • yasuiku
    yasuiku Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    You know what would be awesome

some kind of information or any type of actual acknowledgment?

two days of not being to finish a stupid update because a singular file can't be verified?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    From what Ive been seeing there are a few ways to get this working, sadly its a little bit of finding the way that works for you.

When we have updates of this nature we always have issues of downloading and installing the updates as well. this is down to the servers being overloaded mostly but sometimes other issues can pop up like we have seen.

Here are a few things that ive seen other users try,

1 Set the patcher to Auto Update Client.
    2 When it fails switch between Patch 1 and patch 2 server.
    3 when it fails cancel the update and restart the patcher
    4 when the dialogue pops up to stop, hit "stop update". Then Hit "Play" and uncheck "p2p" option and switch download patch servers
    5 Make sure the patcher and element EXE are excluded from Virus Scans.
    6 Reinstall the game - NOW this has been found useful it may take some time.

PLEASE remember not all of the above are resolving the issues. If you have tried anything else and its worked let me know and ill add it to the list. The PWI team is aware of issues with this and Ill feedback anything I get back.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • luminited#5223
    Options
    i use that patch1 and it pop up saying file download error, and then i choose patch2 still same i cant update, i tried uninstall reinstall still same nothing, then i tried take folder PWI_en from my wife laptop and paste into my folder PWI patch can not open i cant see nothing so i deleted and uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times and nothing, what can i do? its days 3 please help it making me angry!!