Back after 5y - tips? :)

thanosqrlog
thanosqrlog Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Hello! Just logged in today and I'm having a blast!
Bit overwhelmed with all the new stuff, lots of reading to do:p

I'm wondering how much I need to catch up before being able to do some basic PvE, like BH and dailies.
My main has a g16 set with some pieces missing and I'm working on the reawakening (lvl 43 now).

I'm just thinking that if that's effectively lvl0 now, I might as well switch to the EU server (I'm in US-east now, former Dreamwaver), as the event times will be better. I remember that the EU servers used to be quite empty, compared to US ones so if it's going to be worse now it's probably not worth it.

Also, any tips on doing the reawakening? Doing some flying mob grinding which brings up so many memories but it'll probably get old soon.

Btw, are psychics still relatively useless in PvE? Got a sin alt but I remember that 5aps got a bit nerfed after a while.

Comments

• icaffeine#7838
    icaffeine#7838 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Do quests now, preferably the pink coloured ones, the quest system has be reworked to give tons of exp, i got a new toon to 100 in 5 days just questing, 2-3 days when your lvling again after your first reawakening.

Hope you enjoy!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Basically if you want pve it’s a great game
    Keep in mind there are about 6 months of dailies to do in the current state of the game starting from scratch (don’t really worry about these if pve is the goal) if pve focused you’ll be perfectly fine daily quests will just make damage more OP so there’s no rush on them...

PVP is an afk fest now (nearly everyone with max gears afks and will log only during pvp events such as xTW xNW and TW(depending on the server)

All servers have about the same level of activity now so roll whichever one fits your time zone the best

Play the class you enjoy the most and aps nerf is just in pvp where you’ll damage cap at 3.33 making anything higher slightly pointless 5.0 is preferred however since you can tick both def charms in pvp and it still is uber nice for farming

Classes are all equally as useful in pve however if your looking at joining squads early regardless of your gear I’d go bm or veno or seeker (all 3 are necessary for things like nuke squads, the pve meta now) you might struggle finding a squad as a psy for dailies however with as op as everyone is now I doubt it’d be an issue
  • thanosqrlog
    thanosqrlog Posts: 3 Arc User
    thanks, that's good to hear!
    almost done with rb2 :D

would a g16 set be ok to start doing BH etc on psy?
    also is the old 3.33/5aps set still relevant? ie something like http://pwcalc.com/84493333a29180a8
    obviously not for top tier farming but doing some low level tt/lunar etc