Wizard's Viability and Best Build

juancooooock
juancooooock Posts: 5 Arc User
Just returned to this game after a decade. So, things must have changed significantly since the last time I was there. Is Wizard still a viable class to play in the sense that can it still do much in parties and TWs? If so, what build should I follow? I noticed that the guides for Wizard in this forum is like almost a decade old. So, I would like to know if there are newer and better guides out there you guys might be able to share. Cheers and have fun!

Comments

• rush#0974
    rush#0974 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey,

I have the same problem, but for psy. Looks like a lot of the active and well informed players left the game, and the ones who remained no longer really use the forum :open_mouth:

I would look for videos on youtube, recent ones, where someone your class shows some tw or pvp experience, since they usually show their gears and all.

If you left a long time ago, depending on your level or gear (did you play when rebirth arrived?), it might be more fun to start a new character of the 2 new classes edgerunner or technician they seem fine. Otherwise start or use your sin to farm faster than your wizz might be able to.

Enjoy :smile:
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Just returned to this game after a decade. So, things must have changed significantly since the last time I was there. Is Wizard still a viable class to play in the sense that can it still do much in parties and TWs? If so, what build should I follow? I noticed that the guides for Wizard in this forum is like almost a decade old. So, I would like to know if there are newer and better guides out there you guys might be able to share. Cheers and have fun!

Instant cast is pretty much the only viable build for it at the moment imho as far as stats max strength is 55 (75 strength if going for Crown of Madness) rest into magic
    https://youtu.be/y-KV6KQ1lys

Damage is low due to the spirit difference and lack of passives/wep refines but gives ya a base idea of what to expect