Insta Cast Test and the True Answer to the -channeling cap

Options
nunuator
nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
So a lot of people have been asking what’s the true cap for -channeling since pretty much the start of the game and I can finally provide an answer for you...

This includes testing with demon wiz skills having -20% channeling (demon quaff) and -25% channeling (demon spark) and the findings...

The following is true...
if you are at 75% and demon spark(-25%) channeling is unaffected. Game will give you the -75% channeling, as you exceed the cap for -channeling, and it will treat your channeling speed as if you never sparked.

Meaning if you want instant cast aim for 99% or 98% as the 1% is not even noticeable. You still have to deal with cast times as the -channeling will only get rid of channeling times and not cast times.

If you are aiming for 99% (the true cap) you need to get 74% base (will reach 99% with demon spark) as 1% above will bug and treat it as no buff.

Video tests of this linked below you can see when I go over the 99% cap channeling is significantly reduced

https://youtu.be/y-KV6KQ1lys

What is the point of instant cast?
There are skill combos that allow you to chain multi hits as 1 and bypass a charm you can see someone with much more experience with the full combos wizards can do linked below

https://youtu.be/_BTLRlAH-fY

Comments

• alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    Options
    nunuator wrote: »
    What is the point of instant cast?
    There are skill combos that allow you to chain multi hits as 1 and bypass a charm you can see someone with much more experience with the full combos wizards can do linked below

https://youtu.be/_BTLRlAH-fY

this is kinda same as some archers or gunners give a single normal attack right after some attacks like quick shot e.g. and it seems like 2 hits for one, or also assassins knife throw while ulti sometimes seems to do double hit, while damage isnt even recorded when you have damage shown in chats, its mroe like seekers edge blur or mystics absorb soul, even when the damage is shown on your screen the other side mostly cant see it.
  • nunuator
    edited January 2020
    Options
    yeah I was checking that out to see if the damage was showing in the log on my toons when casting multiple skills

All the hits register on the damage log it’s just the multi hits being able to bypass...

I can only imagine what happens with zerk wep on the wiz but, I’m aiming at getting that first and skipping the whole r9 stuff on the wiz

Seeker blur can technically bypass a charm but, has really strict timing on when your other skills are used and most players carry anti metal so it’s not a reliable thing.
    The main issue for seeker is the def charm ticks with the 4 skill combos that he’s doing in the vid you can bypass those a lot easier on wiz

• drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Options
    Nice post, what does Essential Sutra or the apoth that makes your channeling instant do? Does it set it to 99% or something else?
  • nunuator
    Options
    drheal wrote: »
    Nice post, what does Essential Sutra or the apoth that makes your channeling instant do? Does it set it to 99% or something else?

Great question man according to the in game calc, which sometimes works, both give -90% channeling for the duration so you’d be at 9% off the cap with both and if you’re above, at or under 90% you will get reverted to 90% when using it
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    ur findings are wrong
    if u pass 100% u cap back down to 90 not ur base .
  • choasdriver
    Options
    also any apoth used that claims to be 100% ie wizzy skill essential sutra and apoth that gives instant channel those are false too. they cap u at 90% also
  • choasdriver
    Options
    also a simple fix to using triple spark while wanting to maintain 99% channel is to swap to a defs weap or something without channel before u spark. then after u spark swap to ur channel weap. u will cap at 99%