[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 10/15/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

ADVANCE WARNING.

Please see below dates for upcoming Time Zone Maintenance.

**Please note issues from the past may still be a problem unless we have an update during this time to correct the issue.

EU - October 26/27
US - November 2/3

Poll for this week with the long debated question that has been on the tables and cards for a long time.
Question for this week - Do you think the coin limit in the Auction House should be raised? If so what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 10/15/19 (Complete) 18 votes

Yes - If So what limit would you suggest?
66% 12 votes
Neither - No opinion on this as I dont mind either way.
27% 5 votes
No - If no why do you not think this should be changed?
5% 1 vote

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    Changed format this week for the poll to see how and if this works.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on this setup as im just trying it out.

Thanks.​​
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, i can vote, but no input of limit.

I don't think anything will change by increasing the limit to be honest. Ppl who have coin will pay up for gold, but prices of items will automatically increase. Which will push away the low finance players.

In the end you'll be stuck with the very very rich(ingame), and the few 'poor' players. And the few poor ones remaining will eventually move on to another game they can afford to play. which will leave you with the players that already have everything maxed and are ingame rich beyond their dreams, or anyones in fact. And that's where games go to die.

Do the dev's really believe that all players are willing to pay 55 billion coin ingame for one frikkin item ? Some do, and those are the 1% or less that will be here when the game dies. The rest of us will have wisened up and moved on.

Until then, i try to enjoy some fun and not worry to much about what those dev's think or do. I put the game down 3 times and came back because i was bored. I can def. do it a 4th time and not come back at all. I'm just waiting for the right game to come along. who cares about coins in the AH.

p.s. : set the limit to 100m/gold. See how that works out....i'll give it 3 months till it either changes back or players are gone.

• ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    I totally agree with Bran. However, Ill go one step further. Id rather see most people in game spend 20 dollars a month than a few spend hundreds. The many outweigh the few and more revenue comes in. You get the cash only shoppers getting off their high horses because there's more competition. Many people now will not do some of the weekly events due to there not being a chance in hell to win. Oh ****....this game represents China's economy. We have two new chars....yet the old ones still look all pasty and cant ini edit a lot of things. The new chars were gender restricted. Who was the good idea fairy that thought of that and who agreed to it? More expensive, nothing new, no new ideas and no communication as to where this game is going? That's why this game will die. They moved away from what made it great to begin with and they got complacent and stagnant. Ok...sorry for the rant.
  • ricostac
    ricostac Posts: 4 Arc User
    Neither really. The limit has been established for so long changing it now would almost make no sense. Maybe people want a larger coin limit, but I feel like AH is kinda meh currently anyways. Stuff is sold and bought there but not at the frequency or volume of com shop. Mostly i have seen AH changing into a place to unload specific things, those which have value but not a massive value. I think the limit is just fine. Of course, I can not speak for all server, but just what is in our AH.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    If they change the limit to 100m players will just continue to buy gold from each other. The supposed new coin system might shake things up a bit, if we get the expansion/update.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019
    I voted yes but I have no idea of what the limit should be. I'd assume if the limit ever got changed it'd either become unlimited or something ridiculously high (and hopefully we don't end up reaching that next limit). I would prefer buying gold through the AH vs our current options. It's more of a personal preference though since I don't tend to talk much in-game and buying through the AH helps with that.

I'm actually pretty surprised that the devs haven't done this already considering they've raised the coin capacity in your inventory and other stuff before...just seems like something they really overlooked. Maybe it'll get adjusted when the currency gets updated?
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Id say 10-12mil per gold should be the limit. Thats about the max ive seen it on average in game.
  • heerohex#3018
    I'm gonna keep to my self on this for now.

One thing I will say is it's going to be intresting with the change in the coin system.

Intresting thoughts tho keep em coming.

Thanks.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Well, considering that they'll introduce a new coin system, there are going to be some changes :smile:

The new coin system will exist out of 3 currency's : (i give em special names to make the diff clear)

silver : the coin you can only use to purchase items from npc's, do repairs....etc etc. This is a NOT tradable currency.

Pgold : the coin you can use to trade between Players/chars, to buy from catshops. this currency can be converted into silver.

Bgold = boutique gold. the gold we use now in the boutique.

When you kill a mob, do certain dailies, do quests , you get silver. When you do BH's or sell something to other players, you get Pgold.

From time to time, very rarely, just like an 'event' , you get the chance to convert your silver into Pgold, something which is otherwise not possible. But you can always convert your Pgold into silver to make repairs for example.

Now, let's say you set a Bgold limit value in the AH to 20 million. It will take some time, but players WILL ask more and more for their Bgold. This will inflate prices, because players will have more Pgold which is tradable. And those same players will have enough into silver converted to buy stuff from npc's, do repairs and...do crafting.

That crafting is atm pretty expensive : 99.999.999 coins (then silver) to 'craft' a ring at the forges, the fee , and the crafting fee of around 55x1.3m silver. and that's just for a G16 ring. ALL those costs will be in silver. which will have to be converted from...Pgold. Pgold which for the most part you will have to get from either other players....or.....wait for it....BGOLD.

So the new coin system which they will introduce, will have the effect of increasing the cost of an item... since with the conversion, you will , in all probability, lose something...even a small fee from the AH itself (someting most ppl don't take into consideration), or a small free for converting Pgold into silver...etc etc.

See where i'm going with this ?? This new coin system is intended to drain some of the coin from the game.There is NO other reason logically explaining why they otherwise would do this.

So here's my advice for players who do have enough coin in the game : convert half your coin into 10m bills. convert a quarter of your coins into gold. The 10M bills will be considered Pgold. Your gold will be considered Bgold, which can be converted into Pgold, either directly or through the AH (don't forget the fee!). and you'll still have enough silver (your current coin bag) to pay the exorbitant amounts to craft all your pixel stuff....

Enjoy the new coin system.

• wolfish11
    wolfish11 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    There's kind of no point to set a limit as people will find an alternative method to sell gold, even if it is more risky.

Unless you want the auction house for gold selling/buying to be redundant at some point, any limit can be eventualry be reached
  • heerohex#3018
    PWCN has reported prices dropping on some items tho as well.

Thanks.