Need Build help

demonsouls#5509
demonsouls#5509 Posts: 1 Arc User
Haven't played the game in forever and wanted to play the new class and would like some help

Answers

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Technicians mainly use dex for their attack and so they can be built similarly to an Archer.

The standard build for Technician is 1 strength and 4 dexterity per level. You should only really need a maximum of 105 strength by level 100. If you feel like you're a bit squishy, you can replace some of the dex for some vit but you get pretty good gear from quests nowadays so you shouldn't really need it.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • fggsess
    fggsess Posts: 20 Arc User
    a hybrid build would be 1 str 1 vit and 3dex per lvl untill u have like 50 vit base then do 1 str and 4 dex rest of vit will come from gear so you would be preety badass :P ( at least that's how i did my cleric except instead of dex i did int, is best at first to do hybrid on less tanky classes untill you get decent gear to take that strain off you and 50 vit is not much of a damage cut so works fine and realy counts at ur hp and phys def overall)
  • adeleg65
    adeleg65 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ok, with that type of build, how do we use armor and which type? Tech use light armor and I checked.For light armor your build has to be even str and dex. So, how do we use a 1 str 4 dex build?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    adeleg65 wrote: »
    Ok, with that type of build, how do we use armor and which type? Tech use light armor and I checked.For light armor your build has to be even str and dex. So, how do we use a 1 str 4 dex build?

Technicians use light armor. The str and dex requirement for light armor is usually equal to the level requirement +4. So for a nv3/g16 armor set (level 100), you need 104 str and 104 dex to wear it. If you are adding 1 str every single level, you will have 105 str by level 100 which is enough to equip gear. You will need extra dex to equip a weapon (the warsoul Technician weapon requires 287 dex for example) and because that's how Technicians increase their physical attack.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com