Let's talk g17.5

yoabu#2667
yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
Let's assume we're talking about a 3x2S card set Devil stone barb with around 3k spirit (spirit stones in ornaments) and third cast arigora cape and ring.

What do you all think about it? Def or Atk? What procs for each? Why?

The way I see it, def lvl weapon makes much bigger difference. Turns you into a full serenity barb. On a def lvl weapon I'd go with purify since you can take a few hits and this will keep you mobile and purge - it's a def lvl weapon after all, you're not going to be using it to kill people most of the time. For that I'd stick with R9.3/4 for GoF.

On the other hand, if you're not focused that much, maybe you don't need those def lvls. I'm wondering if g17.5 with atk lvls and Dimlight Figure or Benevolent Ward would have enough damage to go without golden VT. That would free up a glyph slot and return *some* mobility. Really, after Cornered Faith expires you spend more time being stunned/silence/paralyzed than doing anything else. Don't even mention fighting DBs.

My perspecitve is obviously skewed by my playstyle, experience and so on. That's why I'm looking for more opinions. Playstyle can be adjusted, experience can be gained, but I don't see myself getting two g17.5 weapons.

Comments

• zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    In general, anyone that has access to zerk already should always pick the Def Weapon. Yes, a g17.5 Att Version does deal a bit more damage..but the difference in damage and the difference in def you would gain from the def version are 2 worlds apart. Purify Spell and Purge as procs and you are golden.

Even a full att built barb is already hard to kill due to the crazy amount of saves. If you have the def weap you are basically unkillable with a smart playstyle or ppl need to use insane amounts of ressources to get you killed in mass which also helps your team alot. There is no question here, really. Def weap.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    yoabu#2667 wrote: »
    Let's assume we're talking about a 3x2S card set Devil stone barb with around 3k spirit (spirit stones in ornaments) and third cast arigora cape and ring.

What do you all think about it? Def or Atk? What procs for each? Why?

I'm too crazy and I will pick Attack weapon with zerk and purify spell xD
    But a common sense barb will go for Def weapon. Better barbarian gameplay now is to go Sage, survive and land combo. And golden VT allow you to kill about anyone with r9 weapon already.
    The way I see it, def lvl weapon makes much bigger difference. Turns you into a full serenity barb. On a def lvl weapon I'd go with purify since you can take a few hits and this will keep you mobile and purge - it's a def lvl weapon after all, you're not going to be using it to kill people most of the time. For that I'd stick with R9.3/4 for GoF.

Agree :)
    On the other hand, if you're not focused that much, maybe you don't need those def lvls. I'm wondering if g17.5 with atk lvls and Dimlight Figure or Benevolent Ward would have enough damage to go without golden VT. That would free up a glyph slot and return *some* mobility. Really, after Cornered Faith expires you spend more time being stunned/silence/paralyzed than doing anything else. Don't even mention fighting DBs.

There are no reasons to not play golden VT except you play a full survival build. Also to kill without VT you need to go Demon and that will reduce even more your (already) low def. Being stunned/silenced/paralyzed is normal on a Barbarian, also normal VT will not save you from that. You can use an alt g17r3 with untarget if you want really brake a stunlock.
    My perspecitve is obviously skewed by my playstyle, experience and so on. That's why I'm looking for more opinions. Playstyle can be adjusted, experience can be gained, but I don't see myself getting two g17.5 weapons.

Remember that you can easy farm g17r3 with the proc you need to swap with your g17r5 weapon. Purify spell will not save you always, if you are nuked by barbs/bm/dbs much better an untarget/tidal weap.

In the end 80 def level weapon is the better way.

Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'd say if you're going to spend that kind of resources, just roll a seeker or a BM and give them that def weapon. I imagine a BM with 200+ def levels and purify proc would be an immovable, unstoppable CC machine. That is, until they meet that def lvl weapon seeker, who will reduce their def lvls to nothing and then one shot them with metal combo.
  • whattahw#9871
    whattahw#9871 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ditch the barb, roll a Devil Stone BM and give him that weapon. DEF lvl with purge and purify / untarget. CC and purge machine, swap to r9, paralyze, red river avalanche. GG