test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DRAGON RUSH MANIA

cronicles1cronicles1 Posts: 27 Arc User
This isn't a new topic. Why has there been no update to fix dragon rush in XTW?

Pumpkins vs Crisis
42 players vs 57 players
1600:500 score
Pumpkins killed 1100 players, Crisis kills 300.

Pumpkins completely outplayed and dominated the XTW but once again Crisis uses dragon rush for the win. Not once, not twice, not even thrice. It was over 10 Dragon Rushes to chip away at the dragon hp 7-15%hp at a time. This is extremely dumb and yes I am kinda irritated because we are clearly the better faction but what can you do when you have 57 people running in on mounts, ignoring players and spamming immunes just to land a few hits on the dragon, REGARDLESS of whether or not there was even a barb there.

BUFF DRAGON or Make Dragons immune to damage until all objectives are taken.

P.S I'm also waiting for some idiots from Crisis to talk about how it's a fair mechanic and it was intended to be in the game. - IF it was intentional, what's the purpose of all the other objectives?

Comments

  • sunlightfallssunlightfalls Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2
    This is the reason you only see a handfull of factions even participate in XTW. It isn't PWI's fault really, its the OP players who rather rush in and nuke the dragon and skip all the fun.
  • parrot2010parrot2010 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2
    It wont get fixed, because China doesnt has any problem with this. Did they fix auction cap? Nope, because only pwi has overpriced gold. Killing dragon is a way for win. If you have butthurt then feel free to uninstall game client
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2
    While I dislike dragon rushing, its meta nowdays and if you want to win, you adapt. By what I mean, either you do it yourself or learn to defend against it. Well more like learn doing both.

    I would say you hardly dominated with those kill counts if Crisis did 10 dragon rushes. This is because dragon rushing donates a lot of kills to the opposition. I think rough estimate is ~100 kills per dragon rush.

    This is definitely problem and makes xTW experience less than it could be for many but its what it is till staff acknowledges there even is an issue. So I dont expect it ever getting fixed - Adapting to the meta is only thing players can do.
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    This is the reason you only see a handfull of factions even participate in XTW. It isn't PWI's fault really, its the OP players who rather rush in and nuke the dragon and skip all the fun.

    This has always been the mentality Of this game. When ppl find something they can exploit they do so. This is happening with glitch UPD, 6v6 teams and yet PWI will not intervene no surprise.
    parrot2010 wrote: »
    It wont get fixed, because China doesnt has any problem with this. Did they fix auction cap? Nope, because only pwi has overpriced gold. Killing dragon is a way for win. If you have butthurt then feel free to uninstall game client

    Ironically the problem is we have access to meta rank 9 because even when China does a full faction push to dragons it takes most guilds uninterrupted 5-8 min max. While China same scenario it can take them 10-20 minutes of uninterrupted taking to do the same therefore it’s easier for the developers to overlook this. If they changed the dragon it would make CN struggle and likely always have drawn out wars and perhaps not everyone is willing to deal with two hour wars there. I wouldn’t mind but you know diff community.

    datsang wrote: »
    While I dislike dragon rushing, its meta nowdays and if you want to win, you adapt. By what I mean, either you do it yourself or learn to defend against it. Well more like learn doing both.

    I would say you hardly dominated with those kill counts if Crisis did 10 dragon rushes. This is because dragon rushing donates a lot of kills to the opposition. I think rough estimate is ~100 kills per dragon rush.

    This is definitely problem and makes xTW experience less than it could be for many but its what it is till staff acknowledges there even is an issue. So I dont expect it ever getting fixed - Adapting to the meta is only thing players can do.

    Really hate this comment because of how correct it is but nevertheless we it’s the most accurate truth we have to abide by

    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • phage69phage69 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 5
    Wont fix it cuz it aint broke in china and you should all know by now thts the only version of the game anyone gives a hoot about making changes for PWI is just second hand garbage for everyone else xD
  • jsxshadowjsxshadow Posts: 1,399 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    While I dislike dragon rushing, its meta nowdays and if you want to win, you adapt. By what I mean, either you do it yourself or learn to defend against it. Well more like learn doing both.

    I would say you hardly dominated with those kill counts if Crisis did 10 dragon rushes. This is because dragon rushing donates a lot of kills to the opposition. I think rough estimate is ~100 kills per dragon rush.

    This is definitely problem and makes xTW experience less than it could be for many but its what it is till staff acknowledges there even is an issue. So I dont expect it ever getting fixed - Adapting to the meta is only thing players can do.

    +1

    Exactly. I dont know why people are still like "But we got more kills and thus dominated and thus deserve to win" when the exact same scenario happened a few dozen times before, always the faction that is getting rushed having a massive point advantage.

    For those that have paid attention: That is exactly what I meant when I said that ppl dont know mechanics after the xTW cause the truth is that they are either in denial or dont know better.

    Since I am working shifts 24/7 now I can say that I absolutely dgaf about anything TW/xTW anymore. The PvP, even if there was no shortcuts, is absolute garbage and SOLELY determined by Gear and numbers. Nothing else. Anyone claiming otherwise is completely delusional. If ppl wanna enjoy decent PvP then they sit down and organize 3v3, 6v6, 10v10 fights and better ignore all PvP events. Sad tho. Ppl dont want good PvP. They want to win. Not doing what I suggested is the perfect proof for that.
  • prancingprancing Posts: 131 Arc User
    Problem as i understand it is, the average power player on our servers is stronger than the average power player on other servers. Thus that creates unique problems for us. And why it may not be a problem big enough for China to fix.

    WHY? because of things like Cash shop selection, infinite +30 attack level blessings etc.

    I have to add this is kind of conjecture when it comes to the chinese servers, but from what i see of Russian servers ppl on ours vastly outgear them.
    m5arXCN.png
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 42 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    The PvP, even if there was no shortcuts, is absolute garbage and SOLELY determined by Gear and numbers. Nothing else. Anyone claiming otherwise is completely delusional.

    If you truly think that I am gonna call you delusional. Obviously gear/numbers will always play massive part in PWI but saying there is no strategy/whatever involved in xTW is amusing to say the least. Ppl keep inventing new ways to deal with the meta each month or least we have seen new things happen pretty often. If you cant see the nuances, not my problem, but the "dragon rushes" have evolved quite a bit since we first encountered them.

    I personally find it entertaining to tweak things each week trying to better deal with the meta and see it actually working off for us. I am just gonna wonder how long its gonna take for ppl to figure out something we did bout month ago. But because we did figure it out, we are likely taking the 3rd place this season. Would love to know what we are playing for though, roughly month till end of season and still no announcement regarding rewards, lol.
  • padautz17padautz17 Posts: 48 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    Would love to know what we are playing for though, roughly month till end of season and still no announcement regarding rewards, lol.

    a 30-days CoM with your factions name on it

  • splendideyessplendideyes Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 6
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    datsang wrote: »
    While I dislike dragon rushing, its meta nowdays and if you want to win, you adapt. By what I mean, either you do it yourself or learn to defend against it. Well more like learn doing both.

    I would say you hardly dominated with those kill counts if Crisis did 10 dragon rushes. This is because dragon rushing donates a lot of kills to the opposition. I think rough estimate is ~100 kills per dragon rush.

    This is definitely problem and makes xTW experience less than it could be for many but its what it is till staff acknowledges there even is an issue. So I dont expect it ever getting fixed - Adapting to the meta is only thing players can do.

    +1

    Exactly. I dont know why people are still like "But we got more kills and thus dominated and thus deserve to win" when the exact same scenario happened a few dozen times before, always the faction that is getting rushed having a massive point advantage.

    For those that have paid attention: That is exactly what I meant when I said that ppl dont know mechanics after the xTW cause the truth is that they are either in denial or dont know better.

    Since I am working shifts 24/7 now I can say that I absolutely dgaf about anything TW/xTW anymore. The PvP, even if there was no shortcuts, is absolute garbage and SOLELY determined by Gear and numbers. Nothing else. Anyone claiming otherwise is completely delusional. If ppl wanna enjoy decent PvP then they sit down and organize 3v3, 6v6, 10v10 fights and better ignore all PvP events. Sad tho. Ppl dont want good PvP. They want to win. Not doing what I suggested is the perfect proof for that.

    and once again Joe, you can write a thousand books, but one picture nullifies all you try to come up with.

    BEFORE crisis started dragon rushing:

    SnUtBSx.jpg
    Post edited by heero200 on
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 42 Arc User
    padautz17 wrote: »
    datsang wrote: »
    Would love to know what we are playing for though, roughly month till end of season and still no announcement regarding rewards, lol.

    a 30-days CoM with your factions name on it

    Nah, thats saved for Echo for winning the season =p.
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited December 7
    Crisis pretty much started struggling due to the fact a large quantity of their core members quit or sold accounts hell quite a few are in pumpkins so to say they are inferior by saying you are the “better faction” kinda sounds pretentious xD
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • zombiemaster123zombiemaster123 Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 9
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Crisis pretty much started struggling due to the fact a large quantity of their core members quit or sold accounts hell quite a few are in pumpkins so to say they are inferior by saying you are the “better faction” kinda sounds pretentious xD

    Exactly. Crisis is just a shadow of itself. It's just unbelievable how biased and blind some people are. They truly believe they win due to skill when gear-difference, numbers and quality of members are the only deciding factors. Crisis has fought vs almost all endgame factions in xTW in the past years, 60 vs 60. If what I am saying is not true then, even without dragon rushing, Crisis must've outskilled anyone and anything last season BY FAR. Going by that logic: Kudos Crisis! You were the best.

    The moment ppl accept mass pvp for the random BS that it is I might get some faith in humanity restored. Right after Trump realizes what a useless **** he is. Never.
    Post edited by zombiemaster123 on
  • cronicles1cronicles1 Posts: 27 Arc User

    gear-difference, numbers and quality of members are the only deciding factors

    The moment ppl accept mass pvp for the random BS that it is I might get some faith in humanity restored. Right after Trump realizes what a useless **** he is. Never.

    Your argument doesn't even make sense. Crisis probably still has better geared players than Pumpkins on average and Crisis also had a huge number advantage. The reason you guys were losing is simple, a lack of coordination and leadership skills. The reason you won was because you guys finally realised that and that there was simply no way for Crisis to win without dragon rushing. You were completely outclassed as a faction and resorted to a last ditch effort of dragon rushing for a desperate win. That is simply facts. Where objectives are involved (taking towers, capturing crystals etc) gear gap does play a role, but coordination can outright compensate for that gear gap. -Naturally speaking, coordination can only compensate for gear gap to an extent. Does not work for a faction with 10 NP vs a faction with 2 for example-
  • zombiemaster123zombiemaster123 Posts: 94 Arc User
    I would not call that strategy at all cause it is quite obvious what was happening. In that regard, thankfully, we have the option to dragon rush and NEWS FLASH, that also requires quite a bit of coordination to pull off.

    As for how the difference in kills came to be, sure, call it strategy, but putting the biggest nukes on the battlegroud with the most ppl (obviously easier if a faction has more ppl to feed) and concentrate on "coordinating" with Vortexes and throwing in some AOEs to net 5+ kills per AOE. You have to specifically aim for that to do so and yes, Crisis did have 15 more ppl to feed, tho it hardly matters when even my cap-def'ed SB gets hit by 20k+ from a certain NP, g17.5 Psy.

    Some farm oneshot players, some farm in PvE. The first option requires overgeared nubs, the second can be pulled off with even mediocre geared ppl if the coordination works. Going by that logic, I have no idea why anyone craps on Dragon Rushing at all...oh yeah, I remember. Lots of money was spend/lifes wasted so now they wanna have the "fun" they paid for and "own" people.


    I swear, this game would still be perfect if there were no charts, g17, +3 shards and NP. All those people that think of themselves as "factors" now would instead be completely ignored cause lets face it. There is not a single +12 deity Psychic IN THE ENTIRE game that would make any difference at all. Also, a +12 deity sin with just EU set and 40k base damage would hardly make a dent on fully buffed, jaded caster. Ah...such easy balance...such easy fun.

    It's funny cause most ppl complained about new and more progression being added to the game but in truth all those "overgeared" ppl right now LOVE EXACTLY THIS because that is the only reason they can be any factor at all. I know so many people (I could name at least 30 out the top of my head) that would not even be noticed if they had just those gears and not their Highly RBed NP, 20 apt charts, g17.5 and +3 shards. They either insta-die or don't make a dent on anything. One good thing tho and kudos to those people for that: If they didn't aim for just that then I guess the servers would have been shut down already and THANKFULLY they are delusional enough not to realize how much of a joke they are anyways.

    IF someone spent 100k$ n this game or more, sure bro, go ahead and land some kills on me. As long as it keeps them cash...going!

    Tl;Dr: We would have to have way lower-capped gear to have decent mass-pvp cause even those with the cap I have mentioned (+12, +2 shards) can be oneshot by quite a few better geared ppl already and that completely breaks anything. The game was never designed for this. If some ppl wanna call it strategy to throw a nuke on a 3rd-world country...welp, thats the same logic. GG WP. Crisis could do the same, yes, just kick out all lower geared ppl and only keep the strongest in and farm as many people as possible. easy as pie. Anyone should be aware that pure numbers in a game that punishes you for dying is NOT AN ADVANTAGE AT ALL, cept ofc if they are all NP with g17.5 weapons. Yeah. Then it is. A whole squad of SKILLED ppl geared like nemki could proly beat Crisis and Pumpkins in a 10v60 without breaking a sweat. Easy when 2 of them can wipe half the faction in 3 seconds :D
Sign In or Register to comment.