Post glyph update sage or demon

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
Hopefully someone responds to this since forums are dead. So I been thinking if I should switch from demon to sage after the glyph update. Most of the advantages of demon are moot now that there are combined culti skills.

Comparing demon to sage now the major advantages seem to be + 2 secs of immunity, about +1.5% dps via crit (but lower dph) an extra CC w/ 30% chance to proc at a 15sec CD, and a bigger aoe reel in.

Sage major advantages now are 2sec longer anti stun, lunar guidance giving 45chi on average per cast (2.25x more) , -3.9% damage from close range targets (assuming I did math right on blood of the nightshade), and a -25% damage on 3spark (which can be used more often with sage chi saving skill, especially with a paramount).

Is it worth switching to sage?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    No. 2 sec additional immunity on blessing + 2m higher range still vastly outmatches all advantages sage has.

Chi built on guidance is quite moot too, no one has the time to just stand around and spam that skill anyways, at least they should not. Blood of the nightshade is a bit better, yes, but this is quite minor and combined with the sage spark are the only real advantages Sage got over demon. That is only true for the latter because demon gets chan reduction from their trip spark which is quite redundant with downburst. If that was 25% crit increase like for dusks...no brainer, really.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    No. 2 sec additional immunity on blessing + 2m higher range still vastly outmatches all advantages sage has.

Chi built on guidance is quite moot too, no one has the time to just stand around and spam that skill anyways, at least they should not. Blood of the nightshade is a bit better, yes, but this is quite minor and combined with the sage spark are the only real advantages Sage got over demon. That is only true for the latter because demon gets chan reduction from their trip spark which is quite redundant with downburst. If that was 25% crit increase like for dusks...no brainer, really.

Er, so what do you normally do when your opponent immunes/stealths/**** cloud and are clearly on the defensive? TBH though the sage spark + chi is the reason I'm debating this, Sparking more often for the ~1.6x damage and 1.25% less damage taken is a hell of an advantage, especially if you can do it far more often as a sage. That 2 sec immune on lunar blessing is a hell of a thing to lose but it is 2secs per 5mins and 3 spark is a 3 sec immune... maybe I'll try asking all 5 strombringers on my server what their opinions are on it.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105