Arc Play button

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
Anyone know if anything can be done about the "Play" button on arc that starts the launcher? whenever I try hitting it the arc window minimizes and no launcher shows up, it ends up taking about 30 secs to find that magic pixel on the button that will actually launch the client.
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105

Comments

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    I use a shortcut to the PWI launcher play button. I never use the play button in Arc.

I have the game installed to its default directory and a link to the shortcut is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\ArcLauncher.exe" gamecustom pwi

I don't have any problems with it.
  • demansfairy
    jadasia wrote: »
    I use a shortcut to the PWI launcher play button. I never use the play button in Arc.

I have the game installed to its default directory and a link to the shortcut is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\ArcLauncher.exe" gamecustom pwi

I don't have any problems with it.
    Getting same problem with that actually where ill double click the icon, get a loading circle for a moment then the launcher doesn't pop up, and end up have to repeat the process several times, which ends up saving no time, hell sometimes takes even longer.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Odd...have you tried using ArcRepair or reinstalling Arc altogether? Not sure if that would help at all but worth a shot if you haven't tried that.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • demansfairy
    obielle wrote: »
    Odd...have you tried using ArcRepair or reinstalling Arc altogether? Not sure if that would help at all but worth a shot if you haven't tried that.

Er what's arc repair and how do i access that? Might try latter as well then.
  • obielle
    edited March 2018
    Arc Repair is a tool that fixes any problems Arc may have, or at least it tries to. I've had to use it a couple of times for different issues but not sure if it'll work for you.

You can find it in your Start Menu under Perfect World Entertainment as Repair Arc, or it's in your Arc file called ArcRepair.exe. In my case it's located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\ArcRepair.exe

• nomadmercher
    nomadmercher Posts: 3 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    Arc Repair is a tool that fixes any problems Arc may have, or at least it tries to. I've had to use it a couple of times for different issues but not sure if it'll work for you.

You can find it in your Start Menu under Perfect World Entertainment as Repair Arc, or it's in your Arc file called ArcRepair.exe. In my case it's located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\ArcRepair.exe

Found and ran it, but still having issues w/ the play button =/.
  • obielle
    Ah, shame it didn't work. Sadly I haven't really heard of anyone else having the issue so not sure if there's any other solutions available. Hopefully someone else has had the issue and can help you resolve it.

• goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    My issue is I can't resist clicking the Play button.
  • angelofapple
    angelofapple Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the same problem like demansfary!

I think that most ppl dont like posting in the forum about their problems because they have never listened about the problems people face now with ARC and didn't have when ARC didn't exist.
    It spoiled nearly a hand full of my favorite games.

Please tell me when someone found a permanent solution.