Pwi lets just get together and fix this

celokp
celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
Well there's no need to state the obvious so lets not get into that.

So there's no getting around Arc which is fine but how about adding some new cool features that i think anyone would love.

I for one have a special merged account from when we merged with another server which i think is a total of 16 character slots.

If where adding a special multi clienting feature to arc why not allow two toons from the same account to be playable at the same time that would be amazing.

I played a game where you could do that .

it also allowed you for an additional fee of i believe 10 dollars per slot the first 2 were free ability to add more playable toons on same account an max number of 5 being able to play at same time.

i don't believe the programmers would be able to make all the toons active on one screen or add ai with skill bars on same screen but if you could that be amazing.

How ever what i do know is pwi can have separate clients active and just a little modeling allow multi client screens to be active at same time with a minor tweak you could make it so the client screens don't freeze when i touch mouse on one client Screeen.

Years ago one of the mods show how you could have two active screens dual clienting in real time with no freeze so how about implementing that in arc and maybe selling extra client slots if you go past the two that's allowed in TOS .

I personally have 3 hd 4k huge tvs as monitors and having to do the forced client not freezing on one of the screens when i touch the other was annoying to set up but implementing this in arc so i don't have to would be awesome more screens you have more toons u can use in real time i know my co worker has 4.

I very much would like to use more then 1 of my toons on the same account i have to heavily geared toons on same account but can only play one at a time id like to be able to do more off same account especially since i have account stash and full banks on all my toons.

I also notice on your skill bar actions there's a flag which the other game played had almost identical icon which would allow you to place the toon with in a given area with a set skill set active much like auto cultivating?

any hoot if your going to do arc i say go all out and make it with some new awesome features ?

Comments

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    That's, uh. That's quite a specific wishlist there which you're asking us to "get together" on. Are we operating under the assumption that everyone wants the same things, here? Or should we all add to the wishlist and make it the biggest one possible?

Let's see, I will tolerate... oh what the hell, I will love and appreciate Arc if the following things are changed: Heavily nerf all R9 gears, remove all reputation and +10 or higher dragon orbs from boutique and ensure they will never come back, cap APS (and then remove the anti-APS buff from bosses as it will no longer be necessary), make legacy low-level molds obtainable again, throw the Celestial Vale questline off the nearest cliff and bring back actual fb19s, remove the new loyalty point requirement for faction bases, bring back the glyph exchange for squire badges, restore the coin value of DQs, NPC gears and other droppables (as well as mirages), allow trading regular celestones for mirages without a crafting fee again, remove regressive coin sinks like high-level transmutations and basic HS maintenance (and shift them to gear crafting fees for the P2W crowd)... oh, and either restore the old FSP coin rewards or implement a new, reliable F2P coin farming system.

I'll wait here. :smile:
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    I would really love the ability to log two toons on one account as well since I had the same issue as you did, however charging players for additional character slots is a terrible idea, it’s a free to play game and adding paid character slots is one of the worst ideas possible.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @cefre Removed your post and giving you a caution about this.

I'm going to start purging any and all posts that talk about adding these strings (both this and the arc bypass) to clients and patchers. I dont know why people think this is ok to freely proliferate (and it could just be a result of lax management of posts like this in the past and me not enforcing/cracking down on this when it does come up)

I'll be sure to update the rules accordingly to clarify that ANY modification to your client done in this manner falls under the umbrella of "not allowed to do this".
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

I'm going to start purging any and all posts that talk about adding these strings (both this and the arc bypass) to clients and patchers. I dont know why people think this is ok to freely proliferate (and it could just be a result of lax management of posts like this in the past and me not enforcing/cracking down on this when it does come up)

I'll be sure to update the rules accordingly to clarify that ANY modification to your client done in this manner falls under the umbrella of "not allowed to do this".

The current state of the game wouldn't have allowed it to work anyway, as you cannot login from launching the client directly. (Also, these methods have been allowed in the past.)
  • greenfire312
    (Also, these methods have been allowed in the past.)
    This.

As with most mistakes in PWI's history, the worst of the rage here can be avoided if the company would just give an honest explanation. Why is something that was allowed previously and used harmlessly (notwithstanding what one guy is apparently doing with it) now being demonized?
    Etherblade server
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    (Also, these methods have been allowed in the past.)
    This.

As with most mistakes in PWI's history, the worst of the rage here can be avoided if the company would just give an honest explanation. Why is something that was allowed previously and used harmlessly (notwithstanding what one guy is apparently doing with it) now being demonized?

Or is the player base adhere to the ToS they agreed to when crating the account
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    jadasia wrote: »
    We have an entire thread for the ToS discussion now. I'm not part of it, but I know that it split off from the multi-clienting thread and unless I missed something big, it specifically deals with the viability of multi-clienting under the ToS.

I am not talking about multi-clienting here (which Kalyst has assured us we will get back in some form). I am referring exclusively to launching the PWI client without Arc, a practice which predates Arc and has literally no harmful effects whatsoever save for the (still unexplained) actions of one person.
    Etherblade server
  • celokp

not sure what post but ok this one was just a suggestion only if we are at this point why not add new features to arc?

as far as know according to Toss even your words dual clienting was always allowed so am i missing something also the duel clienting modification actually was posted on how to by one of your own mods back in the day not sure if it was before you switch to vanilla forums.

something inside the hub which falls within the parameter of non modification editing there use to be a who thread dedicated to it called something along the lines of PWI - Basic Console Mode How To Guide so am i missing something?

i cant find the thread but i think there is mention here of it https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/764641/unnable-to-start-the-game-with-console-1-command-line

So not sure what your issues are but i was just suggesting to add better features to arc if your going to be making this a permanent thing

• celokp
    Honestly i think you should move this to the suggestion thread looking back at it now also want to state added features with in arc was the selling point and by adding what is already well known and possible wanting it within the legal realm of toss by adding these features with in arc by the company
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User

The current state of the game wouldn't have allowed it to work anyway, as you cannot login from launching the client directly. (Also, these methods have been allowed in the past.)

As sylent says, use of the console was always allowed in the past and it is a really great addition to the game. Having one screen frozen while playing on the other is horrible and really kills my enjoyment of the game.

For me the console feature which needs to be added as an in-game functionality is the one to 'Unfreeze a screen if not in focus'
    There is also another which I know a friend used - it can rename the window in the taskbar, ie instead of it showing something like 'elementclient.exe' in the taskbar it could say 'account 1' (if busy on the pc with both game windows minimised it helps locate the one you want fast).

I'm sure people can put forward other legitimate functions that they found useful :smile:

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2018

It's not a modification to the client.
    It has always been ok, until whoever decided it's not and failed to communicate anything with the community, as always.
    If they don't want people to use it, then disable it or just plain and simple communicate decently about it. There's nothing in there you can abuse.

Again, it's not modifying the client and your, or PWE's, definition of modifying the client is absurd.

I'm also fairly sure there are bigger issues PWE should be addressing, but fail to do so.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• xcybershot
    xcybershot Posts: 17 Arc User
    Lol modification when we have all a textfile open in the game folder with all commands
  • celokp
    Oh thank god there are still players around that new exactly what I was talking about
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    We have an entire thread for the ToS discussion now. I'm not part of it, but I know that it split off from the multi-clienting thread and unless I missed something big, it specifically deals with the viability of multi-clienting under the ToS.

I am not talking about multi-clienting here (which Kalyst has assured us we will get back in some form). I am referring exclusively to launching the PWI client without Arc, a practice which predates Arc and has literally no harmful effects whatsoever save for the (still unexplained) actions of one person.

I know. My comment is the thread. But the comment I posted in a reply to another is relevant here.
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    I know. My comment is the thread. But the comment I posted in a reply to another is relevant here.
    You're implying directly that non-Arc launching is a violation of the ToS? Would you mind pointing me to the phrase of the ToS which says so? And no, "do not modify the client" does not apply here because the client is not being modified by this method and never has been. Kalyst was in error on this point (unless she was referring to a different action that cefre posted details on, which I wouldn't be privy to because I never saw that post before it was deleted).

And even if it was in the ToS, what's the spirit behind the letter of the law? Specifically what harm does it do that would warrant a policy in the ToS to curtail it?
    Etherblade server