What every Faction chat now looks Like

celokp
celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
I belong to a few factions and all the chats look almost identical to this burnt out tired and exhausted over work players just trying to open the door to something they already bought. ****.jpg
this is out of hand and this was the nicest one i can post all the other ones would make a sailor blush

Comments

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    time to do some recruiting and get more people
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    time to do some recruiting and get more people

Do all the recruiting you can, but it doesn't help with people who are leaving the game in droves, or leaving the "smaller" factions for bigger ones that actually can get a base opened... I appreciate your optimism, but some factions just recruit and recruit, but make very small advances toward getting ppl that can even do jfsp - much less the other instance goals pwi has set for us to do.
  • christer
    christer Posts: 60 Arc User
    Doesn't look like the factions I'm in and I'm in a few as well.
    1 got the faction base open at the second day. It was though and we screamed to each other, but we got it open and the other one I'm actively is can't open it. Yet they are nothing like this. Of course they were mad, but they are making plans to get the base open, whether it will succeed or not.
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    christer wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the factions I'm in and I'm in a few as well.
    1 got the faction base open at the second day. It was though and we screamed to each other, but we got it open and the other one I'm actively is can't open it. Yet they are nothing like this. Of course they were mad, but they are making plans to get the base open, whether it will succeed or not.

Smaller, less active factions are ****, well and truly, if they already have a faction base.

However from cabbage patch notes
    'Loyalty Points reset every week, meaning that they need to do it again the next week. Newly created Faction Bases don't have this restriction' (yet).

So possibly be able to get around it by destroying the faction base somehow and then remaking it, loosing all levels gained in the past 8 years or so, but not having to do instances as a group to just keep base open.

I have alts in 3 factions, 2 with bases and one without. One of the factions with a base has perhaps 3 to 5 active members, certainly not enough to get 8 people into FSP. Even when it was active, It only ever had about 6 people online at any given time.

I suspect the only factions that will be able to keep bases open will be the TW factions, and perhaps a few of the stronger Non TW factions.

I see a mass migration to new factions soon in any case!!!
  • adrian#7201
    adrian#7201 Posts: 10 Arc User
    christer wrote:
    "Doesn't look like the factions I'm in and I'm in a few as well.
    1 got the faction base open at the second day. It was though and we screamed to each other, but we got it open and the other one I'm actively is can't open it. Yet they are nothing like this. Of course they were mad, but they are making plans to get the base open, whether it will succeed or not."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy for you, glad you're in one of 3-5 factions on the server who have enough high level R9 wearing people to get the base opened that fast, congrats *slow clap*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jamesmcd wrote:

"Smaller, less active factions are ****, well and truly, if they already have a faction base.

I have alts in 3 factions, 2 with bases and one without. One of the factions with a base has perhaps 3 to 5 active members, certainly not enough to get 8 people into FSP. Even when it was active, It only ever had about 6 people online at any given time."

I'm sorry, i know i'm going to look liek a bad guy saying this. But 3-5 active members? i'm all about your right to have a base, because you paid for one already! But, 3-5 active members? That's not a good example of how fcked up this expansion is. lemme take a shot at an example...

My faction averages 23 people online at any given time. We're a mid sized faction. Since this expansion, what i assume is depression has caused our daily member average to be more liek 17. and that's on at one time in the afternoons. All of our players are active, cause if they're not, i clean them out every 2 weeks. we will never be able to successfully open a base i paid 450mil for. we're an open recruitment faction. we accept all lvls, so no, not all of our online members are able to do FSP. and some aren't quite geared well enough to yet. but before this expansion they had a way to contribute. now, they do not. no, we don't get asmany new to the game players as we used to, but we still get some, and we help them grow!

If we could get loyalty points from lower level BHs, maybe, just maybe we could get this done, cause we run those all the time. At 1k loyalty points a week tho, probly not still. cause i'm sure we'd still need to have a 8+ fac member squad to get a reward from them of any substancial amount, and if ya gotta do FSJ 3 times a week, we'd probly have to do, even AEU/EU 5 times a week atleast right? probly have to do SoT every day of the week to get a fac goal, and go, the lower ones we'd probly have to run multiple times a day to see a dam thing... oh, sorry, my pessamism kicked in there for a second... been acting up quite abit lately since the expansion...

but let me ask you. if a faction that averages 20+ people online, daily, more on the weekends, can't open their faction base... Then who the hell was this system designed for? cause some of us are cashers, so nope, wasn't designed to only benefit the cashers either! Sure wasn't meant to benefit anyone lower than lvl 100+ RB1+. so, who, who the hell was this meant to benefit?...
  • tranchant00
    tranchant00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    except for faction goals, u can do normal fsp to get the 10 points, which is easy to do with alts.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Again, the devs thought of this expansion with their version in mind. A version which counts far more people playing it than our 4 servers put together. To them, getting their goal within days is most likely a really easy thing because of their numbers (and their ability to sell accounts).
    And thus, we're back to square one. AKA: China doesn't care about us enough to modify our version to cater to us (and our numbers) (example: See the homestead minion arena. not enough people to get enough points for more advanced rewards)

On a side note: I love the new base. It's pretty, big, and shiny. Too bad it's such a hassle to open it. Dualing jfsp to meet the 8 people mark is NOT fun...
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    The average player in China uses R8r2 or R8r3 gear but they have such a huge player base that it's probably possible for most of their factions to meet the weekly Loyalty Point quota even if they aren't a top tier faction with "OP R9 players".

I believe it was wrong of them to add this Loyalty Point lock down for us without any modifications. I do like the idea of the system because it gives factions motivation to run things together and the faction bases don't collect dust. However, they should include more weekly goals (such as BH instances) and maybe lower the require amount a little.

Keep in mind though that even if PWCN decides to change/remove this system we'll probably have to wait for the next content update. Changes like these don't happen in regular weekly patches, unfortunately.
    ​​
  • adrian#7201
    adrian#7201 Posts: 10 Arc User
    except for faction goals, u can do normal fsp to get the 10 points, which is easy to do with alts.

Okay, so let me explain how this actually works, because i had a glimmer of hope when i thought our less geared members could get 10 points a pop from FSD while our better geared members could get 30 points a pop from doin FSJ. Then we ran a FSJ to see how the new system worked. The results were depressing.

So, if you have a squad of 3 or more, then you get awarded the points, so 3-10 people form your fac, you can get awarded the point form a mushi/belle kill. Which is not 10 per pseron for the mushi kill, or 20 per person for the belle kill. It is 10 per squad for mushi, and 20 per squad for belle. we did a squad with 4 fac members in it for FSJ, completed it, and won 30 loyalty points.

Given that information, i'll let you do the math on how many 3 person squads you'd need to run FSJ with per week, yet alone how many FSDs you'd need to do...

Feeling unfair yet?...
  • wtl
    wtl Posts: 57 Arc User
    I see a lot of posts saying move to a bigger faction, but no one seems to say anything about the 200 player limit in factions. Plus any faction with room won't want most players looking for factions for gear requirements, etc.

just saying

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    The average player in China uses R8r2 or R8r3 gear but they have such a huge player base that it's probably possible for most of their factions to meet the weekly Loyalty Point quota even if they aren't a top tier faction with "OP R9 players".

I believe it was wrong of them to add this Loyalty Point lock down for us without any modifications. I do like the idea of the system because it gives factions motivation to run things together and the faction bases don't collect dust. However, they should include more weekly goals (such as BH instances) and maybe lower the require amount a little.

Keep in mind though that even if PWCN decides to change/remove this system we'll probably have to wait for the next content update. Changes like these don't happen in regular weekly patches, unfortunately.
    ​​
    This. Right here.

What works for one version doesn't necessarily work for another version. And unfortunately, even if our version gets changed this next patch, the damage has already been done; we've already seen a blow to our already low game population.

With a game with a lower game population, implementing requirements like this(especially when it takes away from previously-earned stuff) is never a good idea. If they incentivized players to start teaming with each other more - say, gave 10x faction currency(old or new system IDFC) if actions squadded up together(in any dungeon, not just top-tier ones), then we'd have the makings of a decent expansion. But restricting bases unless factions have top-tier dungeon runs, at least for PWI, accomplishes the opposite desired effect.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Okay, so let me explain how this actually works, because i had a glimmer of hope when i thought our less geared members could get 10 points a pop from FSD while our better geared members could get 30 points a pop from doin FSJ. Then we ran a FSJ to see how the new system worked. The results were depressing.

So, if you have a squad of 3 or more, then you get awarded the points, so 3-10 people form your fac, you can get awarded the point form a mushi/belle kill. Which is not 10 per pseron for the mushi kill, or 20 per person for the belle kill. It is 10 per squad for mushi, and 20 per squad for belle. we did a squad with 4 fac members in it for FSJ, completed it, and won 30 loyalty points.

Given that information, i'll let you do the math on how many 3 person squads you'd need to run FSJ with per week, yet alone how many FSDs you'd need to do...

Feeling unfair yet?...

I dont know where you got your information but everything you just said is all wrong.

10 points per run, per person (FSD or FSJ doesnt matter)

Theres no "10 for mushi and 20 for belle"

Its 10.

If you get 10, you got your 10 for the day.

You dont need to be 3, you can be 2.

So if you have 15 persons / alts that can do FSP daily, you get 150 points daily.
    End up with 1050.
    Base unlocked.

(Might not be achievable by everyone)
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User

Feeling unfair yet?...

The whole problem starts with the fact that you cant read properly. You confuse Chivalry Points, Loyality Points and Loyality Fund.

Chivalry Points and Loyality Points are "basically" the same. The amount you can gain is 10 per day per character. The difference is that Chivalry Points are for your own use to buy faction stuff like potions, base helm etc and Loyality Points will just be added to the faction pool which are needed to open base, base trials etc.
    It doesnt matter how often you run fsp, it doesnt matter if you do normal, decide or judgment mode, it doesnt matter if you do fsp, up or dh with 1 or more clan members. You will only gain 10 points per day per character.

Loyality Fund - and that are the 10 "Points" at Mushi and 20 "Points" at Belle - are used by the leader to activate faction talents. Only the highest value which you achieve per day count. That means if you do FSP judgment mode then you will get 10 Loyality Fund after defeating Mushi but these will be replaced with 20 Loyality Fund after defeating Belle because thats the highest value you got so far.

Side note: we all know the description in pwi are confusing and most of the time full of mistakes. We cant say if you need 1000 Loyality points per week or month to keep faction base open. I would assume its per month but who knows.

Assuming you just do normal mode fsp (no faction goals included) and:
    • its 1000 Points per week: you have to run fsp with 15 faction members every day.
    • its 1000 Points per month: you have to run fsp with 4 faction members every day.

Side note #2:
    The alts or faction members only need the kill of Mushi. These chars doesnt have to be geared or anything. Just use one of the hundreds of level 100 1st reawakend pill toons which we all got cause of one of the arc codes a few weeks ago, clear everything up to Mushi and put your alts in the hallway where they are safe and still get credit. You dont need op gear to solo fsp in normal mode. Full G16 gear should be enough and thats not really unattainable.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    padautz17 wrote: »

Feeling unfair yet?...

The whole problem starts with the fact that you cant read properly. You confuse Chivalry Points, Loyality Points and Loyality Fund.

Chivalry Points and Loyality Points are "basically" the same. The amount you can gain is 10 per day per character. The difference is that Chivalry Points are for your own use to buy faction stuff like potions, base helm etc and Loyality Points will just be added to the faction pool which are needed to open base, base trials etc.
    It doesnt matter how often you run fsp, it doesnt matter if you do normal, decide or judgment mode, it doesnt matter if you do fsp, up or dh with 1 or more clan members. You will only gain 10 points per day per character.

Loyality Fund - and that are the 10 "Points" at Mushi and 20 "Points" at Belle - are used by the leader to activate faction talents. Only the highest value which you achieve per day count. That means if you do FSP judgment mode then you will get 10 Loyality Fund after defeating Mushi but these will be replaced with 20 Loyality Fund after defeating Belle because thats the highest value you got so far.

Side note: we all know the description in pwi are confusing and most of the time full of mistakes. We cant say if you need 1000 Loyality points per week or month to keep faction base open. I would assume its per month but who knows.

Assuming you just do normal mode fsp (no faction goals included) and:
    • its 1000 Points per week: you have to run fsp with 15 faction members every day.
    • its 1000 Points per month: you have to run fsp with 4 faction members every day.

Side note #2:
    The alts or faction members only need the kill of Mushi. These chars doesnt have to be geared or anything. Just use one of the hundreds of level 100 1st reawakend pill toons which we all got cause of one of the arc codes a few weeks ago, clear everything up to Mushi and put your alts in the hallway where they are safe and still get credit. You dont need op gear to solo fsp in normal mode. Full G16 gear should be enough and thats not really unattainable.

His side note is good plan however i dont think this going away its like killing peoples spirit no matter how hard some try to troll justifying it wrong is wrong but i do like your side note
  • rebecca1973
    we have run FSD everyday with at least 8 faction members in the squad. Sometimes, our lower geared players didn't get credit.. so, say we got 7 that got the points for several runs. We also ran alts through.. we still have 750 points for our faction, and the points supposedly reset tonight (at least that's what our guild chat just told us) So.. no base for us this week, and not likely next week either. So.. we're going to put MORE alts in the faction taking up space just to run FSD. We're gonna HOPE that at least 7 out of a squad of 10 get the points AND we're going to continue to run the same FSD squads we did this week.. so that's hopefully 14 different members making 10 points per day. IF we can get that extra 1 member we need, we'll get the base opened just in time for it to close again ...

nice troll PWI
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    someone says it resets on maintenance day
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Isn't it fun to introduce a mechanism, have people work for it and then years later decide it's a great idea to lock it behind yet another gridfest
    Ah, it makes me wonder what is next.

Papa china bless.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• greymana42
    greymana42 Posts: 7 Arc User
    This weekly unlocking of the base is awful. For how long PW do you think people are going to continue to do this b4 they get so burnt out they stop running fsps D/J in general? Or just straight up quit the game? As a director of a mid range faction you hope your ppl will continue, but the reality is you can not force your members to run any Instances, so there lies the problem...earning1000 pts a week FOREVER read it again...FOREVER, for a base we already spent Millions and Millions of coins on to begin with and to lvl up the wings is insulting. Also to take away our merit we were saving up. How many months are you truely going to run all your alts through fsp's? Just to cave run/unlock/repeat? This game is not supposed to be a job or a chore, this is entertainment and supposed to be relaxation and fun but this new expansion took the FUN out of this game. Also maybe I dont quite understand the points but we ran Nataya Vega as a squad of 4 and got no Loyalty points from it, not anyone, Whats up with that? The only pts we get are from runnng fsp d/j?
    This "new" base is only centered around the high lvls rb+1. Are we supposed to turn down anyone wanting to join our faction under lvl 100 rb1? cuz they cant help us run these caves to pick up the slack from members getting burnt out? Only the tw factions seem to like this expansion... PW I think you have an awsome product full of content, but I think you "shot your own foot" on this one Way Worse than when you guys removed hyper stones in the fc.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    The base doesn't need to be unlocked every week it seems, but it will close again after 4 weeks if the faction fails to gather Loyalty Points.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Basically the game becomes a job again lmfao ^ pass
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    The base doesn't need to be unlocked every week it seems, but it will close again after 4 weeks if the faction fails to gather Loyalty Points.

Yes, from what I read, 1000 points must be gained every week to remain unlocked yet it will stay open until the re-check at months end.

So if you don't get it unlocked until the week before the end month check it is likely to lock again right after.​​
    Support Ticket ♥ Support Email: [email protected]PW Wiki
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Guys...JFSP is worth it for anyone for the effort/rewards presented. That's literally the only ingame-action I do every, single day xD The last update benefit my playstyle massively. Hopefully those C-pack prices skyrocket so I can earn a nice dime in JFSP as well, aside from the regular rewards (which are pretty nice imho!).
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    someone says it resets on maintenance day

Or open faction menu and see its wrong.
  • meiwaku
    meiwaku Posts: 14 Arc User
    this update on base really sucks. I'm from etherblade the guild called eXecution. We have some 100's but barely enough on at the same time to do dungeons together. Thing that kills it for me is i work 12-16 hour shifts monday to friday, so about only time i got is weekends. If this is to be a job, pwe needs to start paying me so i can devote 24 hour pc time damnit. Mininum wage is $10.50 here btw pwe, so lets get to hiring :)
  • oldrascal
    oldrascal Posts: 21 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    But restricting bases unless factions have top-tier dungeon runs, at least for PWI, accomplishes the opposite desired effect.

I really don't give a rat's **** what the 'desired effect' is - this didn't just impose a new fee on players. This took away a 'product' that a large group of people paid much coin and hours on, and told them you have to pay for it *again*, each week. Nope, sorry - Done. And I don't even care about a base helm, I don't have the coin or the desire to get one - I'm just done with the stupid adjustments. If PWI is so determined to flush out the old players so new ones will come in then congrats, you cleared me out.

• jsxshadow
    I have 8 mains. I am in Crisis with 2 of them, one of the biggest factions in the game. so naturally, I wouldn't have to complain, right? Correct, but my other 6 chars are in an Alt-Faction with a now closed Base and we have all invested lots of time and money to built it up. And? Whats the big deal? I don't care at all. there is nothing in the base to benefit my Alts (cept trials, but alt-faction can't run it anyways) and all the other items are basically worthless anyways.

People make such a massive fuss about this..it's insane. I don't over-exaggerate when I say that I have lost more coins on stupid pack gambling than the entirety of the playerbase of PWI has ever spent on any Faction base, together. You could surely get quite a few bases for 100b+ coins...but that's besides the point. Fact is, people that are complaining about something so minor, something that is now in the past and cannot be changed nor does it negatively influence you NOW in any way. For all concerns or purposes the new update is better.

The only thing you "lose" is 2 active points..which tbh...doesn't matter at all. People are just looking for a reason to finally quit. Granted, it might be for the best for them to leave any MMO behind, since MMOs are deadly time-traps, very unhealthy, really, if you don't just go casual at it. The trials are amazing and gives incentive to actually do something with your faction, aside from TW/xTW/PK. This alone makes all other points mute cause before there wasn't really a point to have a base at all, aside from having an afk-spot.
  • rebecca1973
    I've been running everyone through FSD that I can find... we're not a small faction, but not a large one either. we ran 15 yesterday, and if we could've, we would've ran more. 4 of them didn't get the points for some reason or another, and I'm not sure why. They were alive and present for all of the bosses, but they didn't get the points. Does PWI want us to make multiple accounts, and gear them all up to run FSJ? If that's the case, I wish they would let us know!! Oh.. yea.. we're only allowed 2 accounts per person... hmmm.. Does PWI want us to quit? If that's the case, I wish they would let us know!! (coz i'm just about there)
  • jsxshadow
    sontzu wrote: »
    @jsxshadow

Sorry Joe, you're wrong.

It might not matter to you, but it matters to other people, myself included.

You're an intelligent guy, what do you think is going to happen to the game when the entire player base is undermined when all the smaller/mid level facs start quitting?

And btw it won't be just f2p lowbies going, I already know of a few cashers of various 'sizes' leaving, and I'm seriously thinking about it myself.

Maybe 1 near-endgame bm isn't a huge loss to Crisis, but I bet I'm not the only one in the guild thinking about leaving, and with a massive reduction in lower geared/experienced players, who is gonna replace us?

At some point it'll literally be just Crisis and Infa left on Da, assuming ofc pwi don't shut it down when it becomes unprofitable,
    which might well be soon at this rate.

I'm waiting to see what their response to this will be, and I'll make a final decision then

Yeah, I might be drawing conclusions based of myself quite a lot, However, I do not see the big loss.

Factions worked together to get the base back in the day and to upgrade it. Once that was done...no one did basically anything anymore and why should they? Anything you could get out of the old base was basically useless for a few minor exceptions. If anything, the new base gives players the incentive to finally do something again. As a team, as a faction. To top it all off..it's even worthwhile..unlike the state it's been before.

Yes, I see that this kinda screws over lower/smaller guilds but seriously...what did they need the base for anyways? Yeah, it sucks that it's gone..but it cannot be a big loss, no matter how you look at it. The upkeep needed to secure the base should scale based on the number of faction members. PWI isn't perfect so ofc they did not think this through xD

Still, realistically, the impact at the end of the day is very, very minor for everyone. I've yet to hear good reasons as to how useful the former base was xD