Can we expect any changes in the arena/Arigora Season ?

scruncy
scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
Here are a few things I would like to point out if they are up for changing.

1. change or remove of the crafting score requirements
At the moment there is no point for the average person to do any arena battles. The score requirements will prevent you from actually crafting anything useful. A average person will be stuck at a certain score (between 1300-1500) and unable to progress any further due to the 400 points matching gap between squads. Avergae people will just get one shot left,right and center without any chance. High end squads already got mostly all their gear upgraded while low score squads cant do anything with their coins. This should be removed. It is ok that it takes way longer for any upgrades with a low score squad, but at least you should be able to do it. Otherwise it is just better to quit arena battle complete and not waste your time.

2. arena timings
For dawnglory server the arena timing just horrible. It is exactly in the middle of the night. A lot of people are unable to participate in arena battle due to the bad timings. Change it back to 24h.

3. removal of the 6v6
It is known that there is no serious competition in the 6v6 fights. It is purely abused by alt squads to farm arigora coins.
This should be removed. If not I might as well start with my friends my own alts squads since its even rewarded in the rankings....

4. Ranking rewards
I would propose a different season reward ranking system. How about giving out rewards to the 10 best chars of each class.
At least in this case not 50% of all the rewards go to sin's or duskblade's. Everybody know that certain classes have huge advantages over other classes. This would be more fair in my opinion.

This are my suggestions, even tho I have little hope that anything will actually change. PWI will just hide behing China and say china dont this china dont that. But at least its worth a try.

Comments

• topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    Thank you, all your points are very relevant.
    Too bad they won't give a **

• wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    +1.... Would have been nice if the rankings for this season hadn't been abused by certain players, but even nicer if it hadn't been rewarded by PWI. While the rest of us sent tickets to get clarification on how the rankings would work.

I don't anticipate much change to be made for next season. They were very inactive during this past one.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I was personally mostly worried that The God of PvP wouldn't make the top 100 cuz of people farming 6v6 and the ladders being combined. It's good to see they at least kept the ladders seperate... he still didn't make top 100 though. It seems you could also only qualify for 1 of the 2 ladders, it just picked whichever one you were higher on, it was impossible to place on both ladders.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I was personally mostly worried that The God of PvP wouldn't make the top 100 cuz of people farming 6v6 and the ladders being combined. It's good to see they at least kept the ladders seperate... he still didn't make top 100 though. It seems you could also only qualify for 1 of the 2 ladders, it just picked whichever one you were higher on, it was impossible to place on both ladders.

his duskblade made it in - his teammates not - due to the fact that he had to play SB and Sin too. this must be a mystery to their youtube audience, considering their 95% winrate thats displayed on youtube.

i agree to all points of @scruncy

also, congratz VEGITO aka AlonaWorld for winning 6 crown of Madness in 6vs6 Q.
    (make them bound :DD)
  • dingo488
    edited January 2018
    hoshichan wrote: »
    his duskblade made it in

Shet, just realized I dun know the names of his chars, meme failed, we'll get m next time boys.
    hoshichan wrote: »
    this must be a mystery to their youtube audience, considering their 95% winrate thats displayed on youtube.

Every single dawnglory team is guilty of this. All trying to look better than they really are :expressionless:
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @dingo488 not every single team

Moreover really think the 6v6 bs shouldn’t get rewards for the fact it’s all alt farming wtf think someone said top 6v6 team each alt getting a crown? Wtf are you serious ._. But yea let’s just allow this Pwi... Atleast make them bound man
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    This are all good points. Will any of this implemented?
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    I guess nobody cares anymore. Most people already glitched their stuff with 6v6. Time to quit this buIIshiit.
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    i dont care for half said here, except i agree for the timing, make it 24H or have a rotation system of 12H where its a different time week by week. as a european its nearly impossible during a normal work week to stay up after midnight to do matches
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Recently they changed it from 12:00 - 00:00 to 14:00 - 00:00 in PWCN. I hope it wont get even worse for us..
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

For the scoring threshold minimum, it was higher in CN version than here, so I elected to drop it lower. Minimum score ranking to be pulled was set to 1500.
    There was at least 400 "ranks" in 3v3 and 592 "ranks" in 6v6 (Obviously that's not accounting for "users" in these ranking numbers, but this should give you a general idea of the total field. Remember - there is no cross over between the two.)
    Arigora is meant to be competitive Cross server play, but I did ask for some changes in the range of users to pull in our version based on population size.
    6v6 as a system option will not be removed. 6v6 as a ranking measure however, is a different story.
    If foul play is suspected, there is a high likelihood of 6v6 prizing either being nerfed or removed entirely in the next season.
    I'll ask CN if this was an issue that occurred in their version.

For timeslots - I'm not aware of any change in time in the current expansion, however we can change time interdependently of CN's version. I'll look at it again, but last time I looked at these time slots, no matter where we put it, it was going to be highly unfavorable to at least one timezone/server.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    24/7 time on coloseum please Wait on 00:00 on my nation Is no god play only 1 or 2 days
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hello!

For the scoring threshold minimum, it was higher in CN version than here, so I elected to drop it lower. Minimum score ranking to be pulled was set to 1500.
    There was at least 400 "ranks" in 3v3 and 592 "ranks" in 6v6 (Obviously that's not accounting for "users" in these ranking numbers, but this should give you a general idea of the total field. Remember - there is no cross over between the two.)
    Arigora is meant to be competitive Cross server play, but I did ask for some changes in the range of users to pull in our version based on population size.
    6v6 as a system option will not be removed. 6v6 as a ranking measure however, is a different story.
    If foul play is suspected, there is a high likelihood of 6v6 prizing either being nerfed or removed entirely in the next season.
    I'll ask CN if this was an issue that occurred in their version.

For timeslots - I'm not aware of any change in time in the current expansion, however we can change time interdependently of CN's version. I'll look at it again, but last time I looked at these time slots, no matter where we put it, it was going to be highly unfavorable to at least one timezone/server.

@kalystconquerer#0876 so you need to ask CN if they have issue to react ? or to ask them to nerf it or remove it ?....
    come on @kalystconquerer#0876 just log the game check who got his ring and his cape and track their IP u will find out who was abusing 6v6.....

i am not saying nerf or remove 6v6 !! but just put a limit on who can do it like the requirement you just put on the faction base do the arcane sky lvl or mirage sky lvl... just do something to stop idiots from abusing your game
  • dingo488
    I just looked in the title list and it seems there's new titles for the second season of the Arigora Colosseum. Is there any news on when this season will start yet? @kalystconquerer#0876
  • goodjob2
    goodjob2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hi all,

Please change the timelaps of this event for a more fair competition, make it start 2 hours earlier and give it 2 more hours of duration will be fine.

Also, it could be interesting to give all participants the thumos and spirit points balance between players, this will make these fights more interesting !

Why? because at the moment, only end game geared players can get best rewards so it give them more advance that others "little geared" players.
    Actually the bad thing is that the "little geared" players giveup regarding the work they have to do if they want to fight fairly against end geared players .

Thanks a lot for reading,

Please answer and/or supporting theses the proposed changes.
  • only0newish
    only0newish Posts: 15 Arc User
    @scruncy
    Wonderful post. Well said, yes, i agree with all of it.

A bit of a question and also a suggestion while we're talking about 3v3.
    Is anyone at all doing the 3v3 not ranked? Do people bother even trying it once?

As for my suggestion - they could make the not ranked battles kind of like a fun mode.
    All stats maxed out and with charms, just so that the "little people" can see their toons fight vs "the big names" i imagine it'ld make both sides enjoy those fights, help them improve and overall motivate the more casual people, who have gotten used to thanks to this system to be more strong to really work towards making their toon strong for the ranked battles as well. Just my 2 cents.