kalystconquerer is sleeping TW/XTW Update

shapoopi
shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
Dear PWI players.
@kalystconquerer#0876 was too tired last night and she didn't know about TW/Xtw reset until i asked her on SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE [ 1/9/2018 - 11 PM PST] thread...then the poor kaly went to edit her post at 11:01 :P but she end up editing different thread which is SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE [ 1/2/2018 - 11 PM PST] so anyway here is what she said for those who been asking for tw and xtw

- The PWI Crew

EDIT : TW and DC resets will happen tonight!
A newspost will go out this week detailing the season start as well as announcing winners of TW, DC and Arigora.
TW season will not start officially until 1/31/2018 so that Resource Wars can be triggered.
DC season will start officially after reset today.
TW and DC seasons will be longer this time.
Arigora will not be reset tonight - please be sure to read the PvP Announcements when they go up for more details.

good morning @kalystconquerer#0876 hope you slept good last night :P

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    woo, stuff
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Lol

I'm not going to ask.

Looks OK to me.
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    TW and DC seasons longer? Lovely. Just join the top faction of whatever server you are in then, no point in staying anywhere else for TWs.
    The seasons need to actually be shortened to prevent the top dog from gobbling up all the lands and the TW fun dying out in the end as the smaller factions are no longer on the map to fight with eachother. Smaller scale wars are more fun anyway then the juggernauts steamrolling everyone.
  • patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    Funny, I asked about reset... and Community Manager said there was no plan for it to happen...

guess he didnt get the memmo XD
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    patupapa wrote: »
    Funny, I asked about reset... and Community Manager said there was no plan for it to happen...

guess he didnt get the memmo XD

Normally they wait a few weeks to do the reset. I gotta be totally honest I was completely shocked and we are not always included in any information. To be fair they are starting the TW season a few weeks after the map reset which is a bit odd but hey. My apologies and good luck for this season.

Also just to clear up Im not a Community Manager, I would not want any confusion to be caused from this.

Thanks.​​
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    >TW season will not start officially until 1/31/2018 so that Resource Wars can be triggered.

I dont get it , the map got reset already and RW isnt possible any longer :)
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    tolots wrote: »
    >TW season will not start officially until 1/31/2018 so that Resource Wars can be triggered.

What it sounds like to me is that they're waiting to 'start' the season until all the lands have been claimed, so a 16-week season would be 16-weeks from the point where all the lands have been claimed or should reasonably have been claimed.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I know that there's some people who don't care for RW, but at the same time, RW does get the short end of the stick on every season. So to try and preserve this, I'm having the official season start a bit later so that lands can be claimed.

Official announcements should be out Friday and if not, Monday at the absolute worst. It'll have all the start and ends dates for DC and TW. Arigora Season 2 I currently do not have a date on, since I'm checking to see if we have the Season 2 rewards already in our version and I know there is concerns about score wiping and players not able to upgrade gears when their scores aren't high enough to do so after grinding them up.

We have some cool changes coming particularly to Dragon's Conquest that I hope players will like!
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    tolots wrote: »

Tier 1 lands wont be taken by that date so rw wouldnt have been possible anyways
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    I know that there's some people who don't care for RW, but at the same time, RW does get the short end of the stick on every season. So to try and preserve this, I'm having the official season start a bit later so that lands can be claimed.

Official announcements should be out Friday and if not, Monday at the absolute worst. It'll have all the start and ends dates for DC and TW. Arigora Season 2 I currently do not have a date on, since I'm checking to see if we have the Season 2 rewards already in our version and I know there is concerns about score wiping and players not able to upgrade gears when their scores aren't high enough to do so after grinding them up.

We have some cool changes coming particularly to Dragon's Conquest that I hope players will like!

Hey Kaly,
    you really one of the best CM came to this game so please keep the good job.
    but the first part about TW season and RW doesn't make sense at all.... basically what u doing is... ok here you go players can bid and start TW but officially season start a bit later !!? you know that the moment faction leaders able to bid means season started already !!!!!!!!

if you going to do Arigora season 2 please can you just put a requirement on those who are able to do 3v3 and 6v6 ? like own a HS ? like boundary astral sky ? can you stop the abuse ?