The economy needs to be fixed NOW! It's so easy.

Options
2»

Comments

• aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    @eeepsilon, good points but some are not feasable

Point 1: Does not cater to the whales. Anything that does not cater to the whales is redirected to nil. The whole idea behind the ARC-style games economy is to try and goad/trick/force people into actual charging for more ingame goods.

Point 2: Fair idea, BUUUUUT... you'd still end up with folk that start soloing those quests with gear. Yellow lv80 gear refined up to +8 or so is easy enough to do.

Point 3: Requires human intervention. That's a no-go for PWI judging by the amount of actual staff handling in-game efforts. Automate, automate, automate. No need to go the ban-route if you can just tweak the quests to prevent, or severely curtail botting at Jonesey, by only giving money only on successfully completing the quest.

Point 4: Almost true. F2P players can -still- farm for coin, but it requires a bit of an investment. Homesteading is hot. L7 through L10 design patterns sell for millions, and you can effectively get them daily. But that requires leveling the homestead a little, getting said character to a high-ish boundary, and upgrading the workshop to level 7 at least.

Point 5: Yup. If you're a DD class, go (near) endgame or forget about endgame. I'm lucky enough to have realised this early on as a F2P player, and I've focused on support classes (Mystic, BM and Seeker in my case).
    R9 is slowly becoming the standard at endgame PVE even. I have a sneaky suspicion that has more to do with F2P folk giving up and leaving, then it does with more R9 toons coming into endgame content.
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    You're all making big assumptions about what pwi want for the economy.

They've had plenty of opportunities to make real coin sinks, but somehow they never happen... I wonder why?

As far as I can see, they like the way it's going because it makes it more practical to cash than farm, even for small amounts of gold.

This is the answer. If you guys haven't figured it out yet, pw has made these changes over the last year or so to force what's left of the shrinking player base to charge, charge, charge for the rest of it's short life. Pw changed owners, and suddenly drastic changes were made to the prices of cash shop items, in game sources of coin/progression gear and promo sales.

If you believe those changes were made by pwcn because they were concerned with the longevity or quality of the game let me clear that up for you:

nope.jpg