EARNING TIME REMOVAL

cashoper#6962
cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Im sick with this earning time, do you really think we need this earning time? this only limit old and new player stay longer in the game, its very hard to make squad because other active player no more time left to play. So please i think we should remove this earning time. it's a non sense, player on afk after earning time reach. any idea how we could remove this? thank you
Post edited by cashoper#6962 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    It can be removed only by PWCN.

However it was put in to deal with the problem they have of people playing games like this for too long. We do not have the same restrictions so much but this is something that they have as a result we have to have it as well.

Annoying may be. Something PWE has no control over. We have to put up with this one im afraid.

Some Help for earning Time is Here. Knowing how earning time works should help with using it.

Thanks.​​
  • cashoper#6962
    that's crazy, so i can't play more than 8hours this week end. i have a whole day to play but PW retrict us to play? what a shame :( so PW hates when people plays to much? i don't really get the point.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    that's crazy, so i can't play more than 8hours this week end. i have a whole day to play but PW retrict us to play? what a shame :( so PW hates when people plays to much? i don't really get the point.

This is because ppl in Eastern Asia countries have died for playing too much(Lack of sleep basically) and as a results there are restrictions for games in place to avoid this.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • cashoper#6962
    edited August 2018
    teabagg wrote: »
    since this has been put into the game i have never had a problem..maybe because i dont run bot(auto cultivation) for hours on end.I actually play the game you know..touching the keyboard.And even on weekends i play the most and never have this problem.

well this is a problem to some people who wants to run warsong or tt multiple times because 8 hours to short. what about those people who have a whole day free time playing. game is boring because you cant do anything after 8hours. why the hell PW put this?
    saxroll wrote: »

This is because ppl in Eastern Asia countries have died for playing too much(Lack of sleep basically) and as a results there are restrictions for games in place to avoid this.

this is fake news!!

Post edited by cashoper#6962 on
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    The 8 hour Earning Time is daily, not weekly.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    saxroll wrote: »

this is fake new!!

You may have meant "news"?

It's not fake. This is completely true. It was a veritable epidemic at the time the limitation was implemented.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=people+dying+from+playing+games+too+long&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr
    Some games limit you to just an hour or two of gameplay. In 2011 South Korea put limits on the hours of the day children could play video games.
    China has been pushing limits since as early as 2007.
    Even in the US limitations were sought in the mid-80's in regards to time kids spend in coin arcades.

And just this year even....
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-09/china-proposes-video-game-restrictions/8255420
    (They've actually been talking about that for a couple of years.)

Since the game is made in China, we will not likely ever see this feature removed.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Playing a video game so much you die? LMFAO wow
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    The 8h of earning time are honestly more like 12h, because most of the time you are not depleting your earning time.

Your earning time depletes if:
    - You attack something/Are attacked by mobs in the outside world
    - You run around in an instance, staying still does not consume earning time, so, let's say you're in warsong and you're waiting for people to come in, as long as you're not running around, it doesn't take away earning time.

Earning time doesn't deplete when running on the main map, so, let's say you're farming TT, during that time you're going back into the instance, your earning time isn't being deducted, then you gotta get ppl to open, and you're gonna be standing still, which doesn't deplete earning time either (unless you have 3 other alts logged ready to go, which, you really shouldn't, cause, you know, rules :P)

Anyways, I think the 8h is fair, specially since it stretches to around 12h, and then you gotta eat, sleep, shower (??? maybe not), so, when you look at it, you can pretty much play the whole day.

Also, to each his own, but tbh, if you're playing for more than 12h a day or 8h without a break, you should probably get help.

Mr. Justice