sins damage "tool" working on cross-server - needs hotfix

Options
hoshichan
hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Quality Corner
as the title said, after weeks of pondering and wondering about the damage of certain assassins in the arena, cross tw and cross nw, it was brought to my attention (and alsso kind of our conclusion) that the infamous old double damage **** for assassins, which stoped working a few years ago, apparently still works exclusively on the cross servers.

this would explain how certain (you all know the suspects, not allowed to name them here) assassins seem to have the ability to 1 hit literally every other class/player out of stealth, unsparked, through defense charms, regardless the gear.

i asked some of these sins, none was willing to explain what they do, how they do.

also none of them seems to upload videos of their arena fights on youtube either, which doesnt make it less suspicious.
the only video i ever saw was a certain well geared Tideswell sin, showing a 1 versus 1 on his home server, in which he dealt not even close to the damage numbers that happens to come out of him in cross NW or arena.

but after fighting a certain Dawnglory sin in local NW, where he was literally unable to kill me through my buffs, but dying to the very same sin in full buffs and def charms for probably the 10th time in a row in arena out of stealth, there gotta be something "fishy" going on, no?

so despite all the assassin main troll comments, it would be nice if we could check this with china, if the cross server version is much older or different than the local servers. once that script or whatever they are using stops working, the game and especially the arena might become enjoyable for us non-sins again.

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    It has nothing to do with any OG mechanic or anything simple as hell sins are just broken damage is still the same and it's just way to overpowered... Since most sins on CN are still in the APS meta a chill of the deep skill spam sin with US R9 can legit bypass any player that they want...

Zerk crits are completely based off of RNG and most likely why they are dealing less damage in "videos" is due to the fact that they are trying to get a purge with G17 daggers so they can face roll Para Cursed jail into full charge elimination for an easy kill....

So all just QQ in the end we all get it sins are OP and they are broken but, posting a troll thread is not going to get anything done...
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    you literally provide zero information. unless you, some of us actually care about the mechanics and maths, you know? they are enough assassins with the same endgame gear that play legitally, they also cancel skills and use cursed jail, but they dont 1 shot serenity endgame seekers. the only troll here is you, arent you the guy that got free glyphs worth of billions on his server and then claimed he quits the game? stay away from my threads if you have nothing to say, really. im not trolling, im bringing something to the attention of the people that are NOT aware whats happening ingame right now and comments like yours will only cause the opposite.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    I have to admit that I agree. The damage of sins is broken and it does appear to be especially broken on the X-Server. Even lowerer geared, basically shardless sins can deal extreme damage there. However, I am not sure if this is an intentional "****" from those specific players but instead might be a general problem with the x-Server.

Since I play sin myself now I obviously did some testing and the damage is already extreme, esp. in contrast to my other, similar geared classes. However, it's nowhere near as extreme as the damage I get hit by in the arena and xTW at that. I can't really tell if it's all sins or just a few but welp, would be nice to take a look just to make sure.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    There is no chance that they will look into it and test it. I know the response already: There is no difference in sin damage between regular server and cross server.
    Just as how they claimed r9.3 and r9.4 purify proc were the same. You literally have to test it yourself and smack the proof in their faces.

Personally I have no clue whenever there is a difference or not cause 1. I rarely fight outside of the cross server 2. most sins are in my faction, enemy is just an army of duskblades.
    However the sins I did meet in cross server for sure have quite some damage, but whenever or not its different from their damage on regular server, i dont know.