Bugs in chat messages that are too long.

csquared5
csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
1) Faction chat.
-char limit on faction chat msg is 128 char
-char limit while typing a msg is 170 char
-any msg that exceeds 128 char, when you press enter, does not get submitted to faction chat (very annoying!)
-you can use up arrow ↑ and try to delete some characters from your message, but unless you are very good at guessing # of characters, you don't know how much to delete before your message is short enough to be posted
SOLUTION: change character limit while typing in faction chat to 128, so you can't accidentally type messages that are over faction chat char limit of 128.

2) World chat.
-char limit on a world chat is 120 char
-char limit while typing a msg is 170 char
-any msg that exceeds 120 char, when you press Enter, your message gets truncated to 120 char.
-this means words often get cut off in the middle, making your world chat look stupid/incomplete
SOLUTION: change character limit while typing in world chat to 120, so you can't accidentally type messages that are over faction chat char limit of 120.

Please let the devs know, thanks! For fast typers like myself, these bugs are really annoying. I end up typing in short, stilted phrases to avoid accidentally going over the hidden character limits and having my messages either not get sent (faction chat) or get truncated (world chat).
»Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel