[PSA] All Call : Moderator Application Thread!

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

As you might have noticed post content update, I haven't been able to grab as many threads/issues as I'd like. Essentially, I walk in semi blind each day or every few days. Because I'm slowly growing into new roles and responsibilities in a short span of time, I would still like to make sure I'm keeping up to date with any outstanding issues, so that we can take action on them in a timely manner.

To help me in this endeavor, I am looking for additional squad members!

prdg9vycjl7j.jpg

I am looking for (2) Moderators!

Mod - Quality Corner
Duties :
  • Report bugs and any outstanding issues as soon as possible in the moderator specific forum.
  • Communicate priority of said bugs and adhere to a standardized format for reporting and accounting.
  • Merge threads reporting similar issues and escalate accordingly.

Mod - General Discussion / Archosaur City

Duties :
  • Report general issues, such as promotions/codes server/map crashes etc. as soon as possible in the moderator specific forums.
  • Communicate priority of said issues and understand which ones take priority.
  • Merge threads covering the same topics.

Application
General
In-Game Name:
Server:
Do you have a Skype (yes/no): (If you have a different preferred speaking platform, let me know. Skype however is the easiest and one I use frequently for work at the moment)
Time zone: (PST/EST/EU)
Location: (Please use general area, such as state or province do not need specific addresses here)
Position : (Please specify which Moderator position you are applying for! Mod - QC or Mod - GD/AC)

Experience
Do you have any prior experience? If so, where? : (Key things I'm looking for - previous Moderation experience on other forums, or applicable experience related to this)
What do (did) your duties entail? :

Do you have any other commitments?

PWI Background
What official servers have you played on (If different than PWMY or PWI)?
Which one?
How long?
How long have you been playing PWI?
Casual or Competitive? (PvE or PVP centric, play for fun or active in TW's etc. Being both is ok but explain your background a bit)

Moderator Specific
What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the team?

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Moderator? (it can be specifically for this game OR for any game forums in general)

9pusmfens5kc.png

Rules

1. Post your application here. Do not create new threads - these threads will be removed and you will have to reapply if you made a thread with your application in it.

2. Make sure your responses are clear and that you follow the format for ease of processing.

3. No flaming allowed in this thread! Flaming players or staff in this thread will earn a temp ban from the forums. Any posts not related to the application process itself that are made in an attempt to derail the thread will be removed without warning. It should go without saying, but if you are applying to help enforce and promote good forum practices, you shouldn't be violating them.

4. If you have a problem with one of the applicants (i.e. you don't think they'd do a good job), PM me. Do not start debates of the merits of any particular applicant.

5. While most likely flattering for some, please do not nominate other players! If they would like to Moderate, then they should volunteer themselves and put in the time to fill out the application.

6. Deadline for application submission is October 13th at 12:00 PM Noon PST. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be processed!

Important Notes

1. Moderating is a strictly voluntary, unpaid position.

2. Mods receive no perks aside from a direct line to PWE Staff**.
** Even with this, please keep in mind that this direct line does not mean players will receive any special favors for their friends or their guilddmates by virtue of being a moderator on the forums. This means that, if anything, players can get a more direct and swifter response to issues, should I not be able to answer directly.

4. Moderating is a thankless job- ask anyone who does it for any forum/Tumblr page/Facebook group.

3. While I'm not requiring a minimum amount of posts to apply, I would like to see at least some sort of activity on the forums and ideal candidates to be an active player in-game as well.

4. Players will be screened for any outstanding violations on their records internally, so please keep this in mind that if you have any marks on your account (such as account sharing, bans, forum bans etc.) that this can disqualify you from being selected.

5. I do not seek perfect personalities from Mods, as I expect them to be truthful with me and to feel welcome to bring up tough topics. At the same time, I do expect Mods to be responsible players in game and to be stern but compassionate when they are player-facing and serving in this capacity.

Good luck to all applicants and I look forward to acquiring new teammates!

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Look no further, I think between me and Joe we can make this a serene and zen place.
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Greetings all , would like to add some of my notes towards this post. As well good luck to those who apply.

Before Apply you should keep these things in mind.

1. Will Have to make time to check the forums , on the go or at home.

2. Be respectful of your fellow players ,mindful of what you post.

3. This is not a game ,you are the balance between chaos and peace among everyone.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    you tell those people at your office we are not sharing you kalystconquerer you belong to us only and if they don't like it dramatic pause shoves debit card back in wallet oh yeah i went there where not sharing you that's final
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    you tell those people at your office we are not sharing you kalystconquerer you belong to us only and if they don't like it dramatic pause shoves debit card back in wallet oh yeah i went there where not sharing you that's final

William-Shatner-Well-Nod-Proud.gif

well said
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    In-Game Name: Kymsplat
    Server: Etherblade (From Heaven's Tear)
    Do you have a Skype (yes/no): Yup! Prefer to use Discord, but Skype is no problem.
    Time zone: GMT (England/London)
    Position : Mod - GD/AC

Experience
    Do you have any prior experience? If so, where? : I've been Admin on a few Counter Strike Source servers, providing general support to users on the server's. Ran a few different guilds with moderate success on an MMO similar in name to Muild Rawrs. I was a supervisor in my professional career which carries some nice attributes to it (Training/Helping, Dealing with large amounts of different people etc).
    What do (did) your duties entail? : All placements revolved around support of the general user base, however I have a lot of experience in management and dealing with the public (I worked at London's most notable attraction as a Team Leader).

Do you have any other commitments? : Not currently, I am supporting my family as a family member has recently undergone some pretty hardcore surgery. I will be getting back into work in the near future but it will just be part time when it comes to it.

PWI Background
    What official servers have you played on (If different than PWMY or PWI)? : Just Heaven's Tear/Etherblade
    How long have you been playing PWI? : Since 09/29/2008 - and on the same server.
    Casual or Competitive? : I am mainly PvE focused but I got into PvP to get into a top TW faction on my server. Kind of a pay off to play with some great people who I wouldn't off otherwise. It's hard to PvP with the delay from being in EU but on an American server, so I dont enjoy it a great deal, but I do it enough to be in the loop!

Moderator Specific
    What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the team? : I love to work with like minded people, and helping other's is something I really enjoy. For some reason I seem to remember everything game related and nothing life related, so I can confidently say I am quite well versed in the in's and out of the game! I dabbling in the thought of getting into MMO community management eventually (Hint hint Kaly!) so I have the drive to get into it where I can and prove to myself and others I have what it takes!

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Moderator? : Aside from what I have already discussed, I would say patience is probably one of the biggest factors when helping others or dealing with the ties to PWCN! A degree of common sense & logic goes a long way too.

Anyway I think this is a fantastic chance to do something a bit different (And fill up my free time!) and I want to thank you Kaly for the opportunity!

Good luck to all who apply!
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • niniahne
    niniahne Posts: 6 Arc User
    In-Game Name: EbonStar
    Server: Twilight Temple
    Yes, I have a skype account that I'm on nearly all the time.
    Timezone: EST
    Position: Mod - QC

Experience
    Over the last 10 years, I've managed and moderated website forums for four separate large gaming guilds (200+ members).
    Most recently, I provided operations support for Disney parks in Orlando, supporting over 2000 virtual servers. I also maintained the bug reporting system where I recorded problems and documented bugs and system errors reported by testers and end users. I assisted the developers in reproducing the reported bugs and issues, and in testing after the fix went in.

The contract my company had with Disney was completed and with no new contracts, the company laid off about 15% of it's workforce. I am currently working part time and have quite a bit of free time I can fill.

PWI Background
    I've been playing Perfect World since October 15, 2008. I played on Lost City, Harshlands and Sanctuary.

Casual or Competitive:

I played both on PK servers and a PvE server for most of my gaming career. I enjoy TW and xTW but don't really enjoy the trash talking and griefing that has become the bulk of PK. I liked the PK aspect better when survival depended more on your skill than the impenetrability of your gear. I have manually leveled a toon in every race/class to 100. I'm familiar with the variety of skills and enjoy learning about the newly introduced skills.

Moderator specific:
    I am highly detail- and process-oriented, with a focus on process improvement. I have well-developed verbal and written communication skills and enjoy organizing information into a clear, cohesive structure.

Other important qualities:
    Objectivity, tolerance and open-mindedness. Lots of different cultures, educations, backgrounds come together in a game like this. You need to be prepared to be flexible and willing to listen.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Application:
    I would like to be a mod.

Thanks!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    General
    In-Game Name: HeeroY
    Server: Heavens Tear / Etherblade
    Do you have a Skype: yes / Whatsapp is also a good option.
    Time zone: GMT - London
    Position : Mod - GD/AC - (Mod - QC is possible but sometimes my workload can be high and as such may fall behind.)

Experience
    Do you have any prior experience? I have moderated forums before as well as been admin for a few. Also I have looked after PWE PWIs forums on a few occasions not needing any mod tools as well as being asked to be a mod on an occasion. At the time I felt their was enough mods to cope so I was not IE I did all the Maintenance threads for a few weeks. Also I was kinda in charge of PWI suggestion box for about 2 years. PM me again for more info.
    What do (did) your duties entail? : Moving threads, authorizing Users, Slicing threads into other threads. Backups and General Maint as well as trouble shooting tasks and errors.

Do you have any other commitments? Yes. PM for more info.

PWI Background
    What official servers have you played on (If different than PWMY or PWI)? only PWI
    Which one? PWI HT and Et
    How long? Since 9/14/17
    How long have you been playing PWI? Since 9/14/17
    Casual or Competitive? Both.

Moderator Specific
    What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the team? I would like to think my firm and fair "Their is never a loosing solution to any problem" way of thinking will be of use. Also IM mostly the first one to see servers that have gone offline during the night as Im up early GMT time which will be able to report system problems. I also have an insite to the Servers Setup and Client as I have had a look at the system in the past which helped with suggestion box. Knowing what is kinda possible and not tho many things have changed now. Also I manage a team of over 11 people working well to gain trust and hit my targets. As well as many other strengths and sadly as we all have weaknesses.

I have had very close contacts with many Mods/GMs in the past who I have supported and been supported by. I have in the past had people suggest I should be a moderator, Now I fell its time to step up to the calling hopefully with the trust of the community.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Moderator? (it can be specifically for this game OR for any game forums in general) You must respect the community and be able to be firm and fair with your roll. Know the Game and some of the back end. As well as know where to find answers to questions that many get asked. Be able to setup posts incase the GMs are unable to complete the task IE no GM as I have done in the past Maint Posts ETC.

Thanks,

H.
  • raevvenn
    raevvenn Posts: 78 Arc User
    In-Game Name: Inukimi
    Server: Tideswell
    Do you have a Skype: Yes
    Time zone: EU
    Position: Mod - General Discussion / Archosaur City (Mod - QC eventually)

Experience:
    My daily job irl includes maintaining the wiki together with my team, dealing with tickets, phone and mail support for our customers and sending software/hardware crash reports to the tech

Background:
    I have played Werefox (Venomancer) on Perfect World Malaysia and switched 2009 to PWI Raging Tides/Dreamweaver/Mommaganon/Lothranis after.
    I enjoy all PVE activities and run even the older, dead instances for fun and nostalgy reasons. Count me in for any ingame event. My favorite one is Scholarity Challenge. I rarely merch, but when i do, i first collect information about upcoming ingame changes which affect the prices of items. There is nothing as fun as digging russian and wanmei forums for hot gossip. Sightseeing the landscape of PWI maps is also a pleasant way to spend my time.
    Regarding PVP: My main focus are caster classes, but i try to keep up with new skills/glyphs/gear/cultivation on one toon of each class, to experience their abilities and weaknesses in various situations. On my main i attend Dragon Conquest weekly, terrority war on occasion. Ressource Wars and Arigora Colosseum are problematic to attend during weekdays, due to my time zone... And because i'm getting mercilessly rekt with my 1800 spirit. But even if i miss it, i get feedback about bugs and glitches from my faction. Besides that ... i LOVE flyers and mounts! Especially dragons.

Moderator Specific:
    Checking the forums while not at home is no problem, my smartphone is online.
    I will gladly help with the German PWI forum aswell.

Qualities of a Moderator:
    Be patient, reliable, selfless, polite... once u r done counting to 10 in silence, and always try to see both sides of the same coin.
This discussion has been closed.