About G17 weapon

whipmaihurr
whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Wizard
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. As a wizard which once would be better GOF wep or being untargetable in PVP? I like to play defensively, and offensively only when asked. Any knowledge or input would be greatly appreciated thank you.

~Local GOP.
The only GOP

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I vote untargetable if your preference is defense but then agian wizards can do that anyways with distance shrink. So it's kinda going to be like gg annoying as heck to pin you down especially if you reset it. That being said I'd rather go GoF because it nearly guarentees fire combo to destroy like fire combo doesn't always give nuking damage but it's a nice buffer on top of it. Cheers
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    As a wizard, if you really wanna be at the top of your survival game, you wanna use basic r9rr with purify spell. If you are tanky as hell, literally full buffed 24/7 and also have nice support on you all the time, go untargetable since then you will most likely never die.

GoF for offensive on a wizard is kinda dumb, sorry, but heartbite rend is multiple times more efficient. You are obviously talking about mass pvp and procing rend doesn't only increase your own damage massively, no it increases the damage of anyone attacking that target. Undine + Rend if already nearly like regular fire combo in terms of damage. No one can guarantee that GoF will proc on fire-combo. If it procs on def charms..on max buffed targets..welp, no damage anyways.

GoF is BS compared to heartbite in mass-pvp and 1v1 if you are playing a debuff class. I would use rend on barbs, seeker, archer, SB and Duskblades instead of GoF as well. If it procs and you combine it with your own debuffs then you can OS even max buffed targets, easily. Nothing GoF could achieve on it's own.

So take purify (r9rr) or untargetable for survival (depending on how tanky you are) and heartbite as the only viable offensive proc.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I was fighting this really good geared wizard quite often. One day he got untarget proc. I could not kill him anymore.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I was fighting this really good geared wizard quite often. One day he got untarget proc. I could not kill him anymore.

1v1 with G17 weapons is stupid and unfair anyways. If someone would 1v1 me and has a g17 I'd ask him to not use it cause they imbalance it so hard...holy moly. Caster v caster with untargetable proc..on average luck..killing someone that isnt a oneshot is nearly impossible.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @jsxshadow I'm curious to know if heartbite can proc on avatar of the storm since I heard it procs defense charms I haven't had time to test it on def charms so correct me if I'm wrong. If it does and also with heartbite I'd fear sb with heartbite in mass pk. Spamable aoe with low CD come on man wtf that's like gg...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Okay sounds like I'm go for untargetable. :)
    The only GOP
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @jsxshadow I'm curious to know if heartbite can proc on avatar of the storm since I heard it procs defense charms I haven't had time to test it on def charms so correct me if I'm wrong. If it does and also with heartbite I'd fear sb with heartbite in mass pk. Spamable aoe with low CD come on man wtf that's like gg...

DW, offensive procs can't be triggered by Avatar afaik.