Regarding Glyph-Rewards in possible future events

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
@kalystconquerer#0876 I guess it is save to assume that we will get some glyph rewards for events such as Login, Monthly code, facebook stuff, Spend/charge-rewards, etc .. soon.

Since the majority of people is already at Lvl4-5 glyphs it would be really nice to get some free ones for the people that don't have the time to run multiple DH runs for their mains and alts all together..if I was to run DH on all my 7 chars I'd have to spend 10h a day...BUT THEY NEED GLYPHS TOO!!! QQ

Ok, enough braging. Just curious if we might get em and to which extent. I don't think it's reasonable to make high level glyphs available anytime soon but I guess anything upto level 6 would be fine. Also, please don't put them at unreasonable high cost in Spend/Charge eventually. I guess a Spend range of 100-150 gold for a lvl5 or 20-30 bucks in charge would be reasonable. Just saying. Lvl5-7 should be meta for quite a few months and will be decent for most players and are also reasonable in terms of balancing.

INB4 the occassional LVL10 Glyph on Nature's Barrier and your genie goes poof for 30 seconds :D GG Mystics OP!!! @kalystconquerer#0876 YOU PLANNED THIS FROM THE START!!! YOU ARE A MYSTIC YOURSELF!! ADMIT IT!

Comments

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind having glyphs rewarded from events, even if they are low levels. It would help those people that have troubles finding a party for DH either because they are a less wanted class, or completely new to said instance (or both, like me).
    And only one daily that grants just 2 emblems isn't enough to catch up with those who spam DH daily.

(because, let's admit it. Some people out there just don't want a first timer in their party, no matter how many videos they watched)
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    DH only downside how long it takes
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    lol...

''Since the majority of people is already at Lvl4-5 glyphs it would be really nice to get some free ones for the people that don't have the time to run multiple DH runs for their mains and alts all together''

How to make an MMORPG fail
  • strife614
    strife614 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Can we also get free ocean orbs since the majority of people already have refines of +10 on their armor and weapon? For the people that don't have time to play the game.
    Dedaluminus+rolled+image+booty+had+me+like+_fcd1122ac83b332a4f46aba8c91b800d.gif

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    *raises eyebrow*

Do people already have Lv 4's and 5's? I know DH drops Glyphs higher than Lvs 1 (At least I think they do, it's been almost a month since I've looked at that instance). Perhaps I'm underestimating the merchanters on the servers.

Generally speaking, we want to make sure we aren't destroying the value of the item, so for anything new like this, we might have to first seek guidance from CN and see if something like this could be done in the first place. When I say "something like this" I mean a spend promo using brand new content in a teired fashion (or even for Charge Rewards).
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    *raises eyebrow*

Do people already have Lv 4's and 5's? I know DH drops Glyphs higher than Lvs 1 (At least I think they do, it's been almost a month since I've looked at that instance). Perhaps I'm underestimating the merchanters on the servers.

Generally speaking, we want to make sure we aren't destroying the value of the item, so for anything new like this, we might have to first seek guidance from CN and see if something like this could be done in the first place. When I say "something like this" I mean a spend promo using brand new content in a teired fashion (or even for Charge Rewards).

Barely people are that far god, keeping in mind whats given as culti quest/one time quest for dh/dhd/dhj, people end up with 1 lvl 5 glyph, and 9 lvl 3 glyphs, my group has been doing dawnlight hall judgment everyday minus 2 since dawnlight hall was fixed. By now, were in average 1 lvl 5 + 5 lvl 4 glyph with some more Lucky on randoms being close to their 3rd lvl 5. Our server took some extra days to have a 2nd squad finish dawnlight hall. i think by now theres 4 squad able to finish it? So the amount of full glyphed lvl 4-5 is down to people spending a ton on buying them if they not runnign dhj everyday. Atm, lvl 1 are like 1.5m-2m each, lvl 4 will vary bewteen 70-90m.

So no, we do not need at this moment to be given out glyphs, people can easily get full 5-6 by anniversary at max if they remotely even run dawnlight hall deicide. People with alts need to realize the investment for glyphs is not viable until your main character glyphs are at a point its slow as hell to upgrade to next lvl.

Also, in average, DHD and DHJ will give 6-7 lvl1 glyph + a daily 2 lvl2. DHJ just has a higher % chance to drops lvl 4 glyphs on last boss but DhD will drop fairly ok.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    *raises eyebrow*

We farm DHJ daily as a squad on Tideswell - I'm at 5/6 lvl 5, the other being level 4.

Most people are sitting at mixed 3-4's at the moment, most people should be within full 4s by the month, full fives within two months at least. Progression will slow at that point. I can farm a level five in a week to ten days...four level fives to a six so we're looking a month per, looking at six months out before the farmers are full six even...if people want to merchant to get further along sure they could break into that.

Between culti, the individual DH levels and basic dailies I'd say there's no need to distribute extra glyphs as is. If it's an alt lvl 4-5 should be enough for it anyway, considering lvl 4 is tradable I don't see the hangup...share between your alts or divide it out from your main I'd figure.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Keep it the way it is.

No need to change the amount of glyphs dropped considering how easy it is to get them and upgrade them.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I think it would be fair to give out some glyphs in spend/charge rewards so that both farmers, CS'ers, and merchanters' needs are all met as far as glyphs go.

It's not like DH is even challenging. Half the bosses can just be nuked ezpz and the other half has no real penalty for dying. It's just time-consuming. I could understand if it was harder but at this point I'm guessing once we have one or two double drop weekends glyph prices will drop quickly to 300-400k with lvl 4's going for 15-20m at most.

It's actually a good thing last boss is nuke-able, since in China it took 6+ months for glyph prices to fall while lvl 4's are already 40m on Da.
    Post edited by dregenfox on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I wonder how tough DH squads on other servers are to find if you're On the western part of the world it can be tough if you don't have a set squad or squads at reset aren't taking ppl from worldchat curious how it is on others
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    never done a single jdh run...
    did only 2 DDH runs...
    and maybe 3 normal dh runs..

.. all glyphs are lvl 5 B)

hint: lvl 4 glyphs are worth 50m on our server so yeah - why should I bother with that inst when they are so cheap anyway? :p

question - does any1 know lvl 6 and 7 glyphs stats?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    wesker wrote: »
    question - does any1 know lvl 6 and 7 glyphs stats?

You can find the info on the PWI wiki!​​
  • xdragonxx
    The encyclopedia inside the game shows all 10 lvl of stats given by glyph, just go Encyclopedia-->Item--> Type 'glyph'
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    The current rate of acquisition is fine. Level 10 glyphs functionally don't exist. Maybe one player per server will have a single one in a year's time. Free to play players should not aspire to have more than a set of level 5 glyphs. Cashshoppers should not try to get more than a set of level 8 glyphs.

Adding a large amount of extra glyphs will throw things out of balance.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    capnk wrote: »
    The current rate of acquisition is fine. Level 10 glyphs functionally don't exist. Maybe one player per server will have a single one in a year's time. Free to play players should not aspire to have more than a set of level 5 glyphs. Cashshoppers should not try to get more than a set of level 8 glyphs.

Adding a large amount of extra glyphs will throw things out of balance.

I would argue that a lot of the skills are balanced for lvl 10 glyphs. Mystic's BiTC cleanse for example, at lower levels there's a 30% chance that BiTC just fails and does absolutely nothing - no heal or cleanse. That makes it pretty unusable. I would only consider using it at lvl 8 or above since not having a fast direct heal is a huge loss.

Red glyphed absorb soul as well. It's ridiculously strong in PVE nuking w/ 0 channel due to being boosted to 240% base but not that impressive in PVP since it's only 160% at lvl 2. That makes it only worth casting when it's at 0 channel, unlike in PVE where you can just spam it pretty much anytime once you get over 50% channel.

The duration of Nature's barrier for anything other than white glyph also makes them really bad choices. Even if you wanted to go red glyph to save someone from death, 4 seconds duration on a 90s cooldown makes it a pretty big gamble.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I'm inclined to agree with that. Venomancer Argent Glyphs are pretty much unusable at low levels because the damage/duration is not worth the effort it takes to set it up, and there are better options at these low levels. Likewise Paralyze on Lucky Scarab is too short to be worth glyphing when there are other options, and Ethereal glyphs are not all that great either (except for 2 skills that gain additional effects).

Though I also don't except to ever get anything beyond level 5. At best I might get some 6s at some point for the extra stats. Of course level 10 will become achievable in the future, but who knows if I'm still playing the game then. fox-2.gif
    ​​
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    does anyone know if with the next expansion there will be more dailies for the emblems needed to exchange for the level 1 glyphs?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    We actually have a BM skill that actually works but not quite in the way people expect it to. The stun is so short, it only works best as a skill interrupt and doesn't become a good "stun" Glyph'd until higher levels.

Glyph packs exist for every level from 1 to 10, but the glyph packs for higher levels aren't obtainable yet to my knowledge.

I think Glyphs as prizes for tournaments, at the very least, would be a reasonable place to introduce them, Kappa. But yes, I'll start looking into adding more ways to get more Glyphs in the future!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Thanks alot :) Take yout time tho. It's obvious that you are pretty busy atm but thanks alone just for replying :D
  • dingo488
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, to me Dawnlight Halls has in so many ways saved a big part of the game for me.

What this game has always lacked from my perspective is content that's actually worth doing. BH/FSJ/UP, none of these things are worth doing unless you can do it with at least 3-4 alts. Everyone does BH solo with 9 alts, FSJ duo with 5 alts each, and UP with 3 or 4 people max, because thats the only way it is worthwhile. To me that really kills the fun in the game. Dawnlight Halls however is currently still quite rewarding to do on 1 character, with 10 different people, which is exactly how an MMORPG is supposed to be played. DHJ isnt too difficult, but just enough to make it not be an alt-fiesta, while at the same time rewarding a 20~30 mil reward to every participant for each run, which takes around 90 minutes. Not to mention its quite fun content to play through. An instance that takes 90 minutes AND is fun and worth doing? You mean I can actually play the game n feel like I did something worthwhile? Sign me up.

If we're going to start giving away glyphs in crappy spend rewards and what not then there's absolutely no reason to do DH/DHJ, just like there's no reason to do UP, and then we can all go back to not playing the game because there's nothing worth investing time on since it isn't rewarding to do. Please dont cater to the lazy people, but cater to the people that are actually willing to play the game.

In fact, I have my own suggestion, instead of giving away free lvl 4 glyphs, how about giving away extra keys to enter Dawnlight Halls, so we have the means to get more lvl 4 glyphs but we actually have to put in the work to get them.
  • aspiringapathy
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Honestly, to me Dawnlight Halls has in so many ways saved a big part of the game for me.

What this game has always lacked from my perspective is content that's actually worth doing. BH/FSJ/UP, none of these things are worth doing unless you can do it with at least 3-4 alts. Everyone does BH solo with 9 alts, FSJ duo with 5 alts each, and UP with 3 or 4 people max, because thats the only way it is worthwhile. To me that really kills the fun in the game. Dawnlight Halls however is currently still quite rewarding to do on 1 character, with 10 different people, which is exactly how an MMORPG is supposed to be played. DHJ isnt too difficult, but just enough to make it not be an alt-fiesta, while at the same time rewarding a 20~30 mil reward to every participant for each run, which takes around 90 minutes. Not to mention its quite fun content to play through. An instance that takes 90 minutes AND is fun and worth doing? You mean I can actually play the game n feel like I did something worthwhile? Sign me up.

If we're going to start giving away glyphs in crappy spend rewards and what not then there's absolutely no reason to do DH/DHJ, just like there's no reason to do UP, and then we can all go back to not playing the game because there's nothing worth investing time on since it isn't rewarding to do. Please dont cater to the lazy people, but cater to the people that are actually willing to play the game.

In fact, I have my own suggestion, instead of giving away free lvl 4 glyphs, how about giving away extra keys to enter Dawnlight Halls, so we have the means to get more lvl 4 glyphs but we actually have to put in the work to get them.

+1 for alternate means to gain/stock keys. I'm stoked to run DHJ during 2x but as it is right now we'd have to skip days of running it now because, let's face it, the 5 initial keys to help with the learning curve are pretty well gone now. I'd love to see a method to exchange daily keys for other instances or just the occasional code or promotion distributing more feathers.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yes more keys instead! That would be perfect.
    Yesterday a person from my squad missed the natya kill. Even though my daily quest got completed i really wanted to do another run with him, but all i had in my head was i better save that extra key i have for double drops.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I wonder if multiple feathers/keys would allow people to do it multiple times. Based on documentation provided and based on us testing the feature, it seemed once a day locked. If however, the mechanics are only based on the feathers for entry then that could change the way I can approach this instance and prize structures for future events.

I'll take a look on our test servers!
  • ahmas
    ahmas Posts: 24 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I guess it is save to assume that we will get some glyph rewards for events such as Login, Monthly code, facebook stuff, Spend/charge-rewards, etc .. soon.

Since the majority of people is already at Lvl4-5 glyphs it would be really nice to get some free ones for the people that don't have the time to run multiple DH runs for their mains and alts all together..if I was to run DH on all my 7 chars I'd have to spend 10h a day...BUT THEY NEED GLYPHS TOO!!! QQ

Ok, enough braging. Just curious if we might get em and to which extent. I don't think it's reasonable to make high level glyphs available anytime soon but I guess anything upto level 6 would be fine. Also, please don't put them at unreasonable high cost in Spend/Charge eventually. I guess a Spend range of 100-150 gold for a lvl5 or 20-30 bucks in charge would be reasonable. Just saying. Lvl5-7 should be meta for quite a few months and will be decent for most players and are also reasonable in terms of balancing.

INB4 the occassional LVL10 Glyph on Nature's Barrier and your genie goes poof for 30 seconds :D GG Mystics OP!!! @kalystconquerer#0876 YOU PLANNED THIS FROM THE START!!! YOU ARE A MYSTIC YOURSELF!! ADMIT IT!

ahem, most of the server cant even get inside dh, let alone are geared up enough to get in those squads (GREEDY R9S!!!!!) so yes we do need more rewards like more than just 1 daily or have it in codes. NOT a spend promo. its bad enough the game is 100% pay to win and getting worse!
    "Homicidal Elf" - Sir_Willie

Sage "JEDI" Cleric
  • xdragonxx
    I wonder if multiple feathers/keys would allow people to do it multiple times. Based on documentation provided and based on us testing the feature, it seemed once a day locked. If however, the mechanics are only based on the feathers for entry then that could change the way I can approach this instance and prize structures for future events.

its easily doable more then once per day alrdy, theres no mechanic stopping you from entering like the old setup of endless universe. Only thing once per day is the daily quest 2x lvl2 glyph on the last boss kill. But in dhd/dhj, its the lvl 4 drops that are Worth the runs, so having more keys on a x2 would be great
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Just yesterday i did DH Deicide with my G16 Seeker, Barely +5 refine, +7 weapon, but everyone loves Seeker debuffs, so i can understand that some classes in g16 might be harder to find squad. You have to keep in mind that those instance was designed for pwcn, and most people on china uses r8r gear with R8r/R8rr weapon or g17 weapon 30/40 atk lvl, so when people start saying the new instance is for R9 only, i call BS.
  • aspiringapathy
    Just yesterday i did DH Deicide with my G16 Seeker, Barely +5 refine, +7 weapon, but everyone loves Seeker debuffs, so i can understand that some classes in g16 might be harder to find squad. You have to keep in mind that those instance was designed for pwcn, and most people on china uses r8r gear with R8r/R8rr weapon or g17 weapon 30/40 atk lvl, so when people start saying the new instance is for R9 only, i call BS.

It's definitely doable. The hardest part about DH isn't the damage you take...a lot of the damage is percentage based or just a flat one shot. The hardest part about DH is just managing the mechanics. Where gear really comes in to play the most I'd say is for the triggers, shamblers and death wards - where your time affects whether or not you succeed.
  • dingo488

That would be better than just handing out the glyphs for free.

Funnily enough, ever since DH came out we take our DHJ squad straight to UPD afterwards, an instance we normally would never do because its too much of a pain to make a squad for it. I dont know if any other squads do it like that, but at least for us releasing the new instance made us interested in the old one too.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    So I checked into the test servers and yes, indeed it seems that it functions like Nirvana Palace Keys in the way that, so long as you have the feathers, you can go in.

I did forget that after the initial extras you get for taking the quest the first time, you will then only get the one a day feather - effectively making it a "once a day" entry unless you horde feathers. What's different however here than from "keyed" methods of entry is that there's (currently) no other way to get multiple feathers in other ways. Least with Palace of Nirvana Keys, you could get them as BH rewards or buy them for 3 mil each.

I could probably shoot an inquiry over to CN then to see if they plan on making these feathers accessible in other ways in the future or if they can create a way to get more feathers! In the meantime, I could see how else we can open up feathers (perhaps as prizes for tournaments or events?)
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    if glyphs as rewards, then make them bound so people dont make hundreds of glyphs in 1 day thanks