PWI Client Character limit increase required

Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited June 2020 in Quality Corner
@thenamesdomino @kalystconquerer#0876 @surtr

Hello everyone! egg-30.gif

As the title suggests there has been a long standing issue for the PWI USA client for quite some time now that has yet to be addressed.

I have made comments here and there over the last year in reference to it but nothing as of yet has been done. So I decided to make this post now that I see things actually being done to correct issues in our version of the game of late.

Ever since the roll-out of the last expansion April 13th 2016 “Perfect world: Elysium” our text-box character limit has been severely reduced down to 80. It has been reduced so heavily that we can no longer type a complete sentence. When the changes occurred it was assumed by the French community on the Dawn Glory server, that this would be rectified with haste because this was an issue once before encountered and resolved for the French client. It has been 1 year now and there has been no resolve. mouse-8.gif
releasedate.jpg

In this time another issue that has been popular is players not being able to properly world chat when using the Shift + Left Click item linking feature as the client limit imposed also calculates the entire code of the linking system as part of the character limit. In the distant past players had to write the complete sentence first then item link. But today with the heavy reduction we can barely do that.
Annalyse - Heavens Tear wrote: »
Yes, this is a new problem that came up with the last patch. The only way around it is to type your full sentence and then insert the link afterwards, or else type what you want to say before linking.

Also - that is not your joining date. That is the date when you joined the forums. I started playing in Oct 08 but it doesn't say that for me either. :P

We are now in the early stages of the new expansion “Perfect world: Neverfall”, and I still see callbacks to an issue that should have been resolved long ago. The first thing I tested on the new expansion was the limit of chat. It was even more important now that ever before to make this issue known. monkey-32.gif

With this expansion came the new telecoustic penalty for world chats eating the supply of world chats from would be spammers. It also brought a coordinate linking system which details your world map location, area in that zone, and then the coordinates. This is the greatest system for proper backup of your guild members or helping someone who is lost. But it has a fatal flaw …That’s right you guessed it this new and great thing can NOT link in many places. Any location that has a name that surpasses the character limit will not link in chat. So once again this limit is working against the community. bear-11.gif
surtr wrote: »
*Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute.
locationlink.jpg

Up until the year 2011 the community’s textbox character limit was 108. Which was perfect for us at the time and there was not a complaint from 1 person. Later after many updates a new feature was introduced that took up a lot of space from the chat box so the limit was increased in 2011 as this was when ITEM LINKING was added to our game. Giving a Max chatbox Character Limit of 120.

As detailed earlier our limit has been reduced for 1 year now down to 80 Characters matching the china client’s chat box limit. The issue with this is that you cannot convey the amount of things with this limit that you can convey in their language. With a small amount of space Asian language tells more through Kanji, kana, and other typographic symbols allowed on their client. This was something commonly understood in the past by our PWE staff members. As so many new members have joined the PWE Team in recent years I can understand why something like this was lost in translation. But this must be fixed.
chinachat.jpg

In summary our current client with all new updates, AT MINIMUM should have a text-box chat character limit of 120- Further testing should be done to see if a bit more is required due to the new positional linking system recently introduced. tiger-35.gif
​​
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by tek1nig on

Comments