Reward Changes/Upgrades

srgtwolf
srgtwolf Posts: 18 Arc User
With all the changes that have come into PWI in the last few years, I have noticed a few things that seem to have either been ignored, forgotten, or filled for no reason. In the Daily Check In reward system, what is the Purpose of the "Specially Procured Green Ink"? that item is completely useless to me, and is a waste of 3 days being checked in. There are other items that could be more useful to all players and not waste time and space. Another item in the Check In rewards section is the Fantasy Fruit on day 2. I mean exp is good and all, but there are Exp items in-game that give more than 5k, and with a Lot of players being higher level now, 5000 exp is like (for simplicity's sake) comparing a penny stack of 1 dollar to that of 100 dollars. It does very little to help over all in getting to the next level.

My other concern is the Dreamchaser pack. with all the gear it gives being easily obtained with the updated quests, they are really only good for the Exp boosting necklaces that are included. Is there some way to give these packs an update so that while the different Exp necks are accessible, the other items can be swapped out for different items to assist players?

3d2b5516f8bc0c207a2fa0ebb3c9e6db.jpg

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    srgtwolf wrote: »
    In the Daily Check In reward system, what is the Purpose of the "Specially Procured Green Ink"? that item is completely useless to me, and is a waste of 3 days being checked in. There are other items that could be more useful to all players and not waste time and space.

I actually use the inks cause i'm too cheap to spend 50 silver each for them and like having my gear inked :p Yes I'm one of those easygoing players who enjoy the cosmetic aspect of the game and don't stress over the never-ending struggle of farming for end-game gear. But i agree with the idea of changing up the rewards a bit, some of them really are irrelevant to what players need nowadays. That Fantasy Fruit is given out as reward for completing up to lvl 20 quests...can't really give out a lvl 1-20 reward to (an overwhelming number of) lvl 100+ people :D
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

The Check-In Rewards are something that's hard coded by CN, so I'm not entirely sure if we can actively ask them to change these. I could float the request to see if they can mix up the rewards, but very likely the answer will be that they can't.

With Dreamchaser Packs, they were created a while back and usually they don't go in and change the contents of the packs themselves (though they might for example reissue new packs with similar items for example or change the way something fundamentally functions). I haven't found any other packs that gives these EXP necklaces and I know a good portion of the playerbase uses the packs solely for the necklaces.

There is an old EXP necklace that I believe was a Valentines day reward way back in the day and, if you're lucky, you might see players selling the old Horseman's Belt/Necks in-game. But outside of these and getting lucky and crafting OHT gears with EXP bonuses, there's not exactly a good way to get out EXP necklaces. The Dreamchasers are alright for newer players, but for older players, perhaps not so much.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I saved up for two years to ink my gear thank you. It is useful.
  • srgtwolf
    @ eirghan

yes yes. people like to put little cute things on their gear. but its not something that gives an Active boost to your toon itself. its just a tattoo to look pretty, and I could care less.

@ Kalystconquerer

well, that kind of sucks that CN keeps such a tight leash on their overseas employement/player base. I cant help but wonder how our devs would run things with out such tight constraints. Oh well.

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for pink inks....​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• eirghan
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Lmfao the ink aspect I can understand one side wants to be cheap and one side just hates they don't get decent perks just for logging in a basic task.... LMFAO I'm keeping my dog out this fight both sound rediculous tbh xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    edited May 2017
    clearly the most gentlemanly thing to do here is to keep "your dog out of this fight" while calling people cheap and rediculous*.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I mean not wanting to pay for it but wanting it still, and wanting more from just logging in x_x everyone's entitled to their own opinion ig but thats what this sounds like to me anyways
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    Everyones entitled to their opinion sure. Having opinions about things is what makes this forum interesting. Having opinions about people and their opinions is what makes this forum a pain to moderate im sure.
  • srgtwolf
    eirghan wrote: »
    Everyones entitled to their opinion sure. Having opinions about things is what makes this forum interesting. Having opinions about people and their opinions is what makes this forum a pain to moderate im sure.

^^

and the true fact about forums has been hit directly on the head. anyways, nothing will change as PWI is governed completely by the Parent game, and we can do anything about it.