Glyph Guide

nunuator
nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Dungeons & Tactics
So after messing around with glyphs and buying roughly my entire servers stock of lvl 1 glyphs I have managed to get this info...

How do I obtain glyphs?
There are a couple of different ways to get them but, the 2 ones of use at the current moment are dawn light hall and the daily for squire badges.
5 squire badge= 1 random glyph lvl 1 glyph (this glyph can be sold)

How do I level my glyphs?
This chart is for 100% chance to make the next lvl, I believe my numbers are off a wee bit so I'll have to give it another go once some gears sell.
Lvl 1 (comes at lvl 1) able to trade
Lvl 2 (3 lvl 1 glyphs) unable to trade
Lvl 3 (3 lvl 2 glyphs) unable to trade
Lvl 4 (6 lvl 3 glyphs) able to trade
Lvl 5 (4 lvl 4 glyphs) unable to trade stats ( on DB) HP+216 Phys Res+ 239 Mag Res+306 Phys Atk+29
Lvl 6 unknown
Lvl 7 unknown
Lvl 8 unknown
Lvl 9 unknown
Lvl 10 unknown unable to trade stats (on mystic) HP+261Phys res+340 Mag Res+ 698 Magic Atk +133 Spirit +50 Def lvl +4 Atk lvl +4

@kalystconquerer#0876
Any way that you can dump the rest of the info for the glyphs <3

Stats differ for each class the stats for the chart are taken from DB but, the adds are roughly the same for mystics etc.

Sadly the glyph system does not take in the type of glyph (color) when leveling so instead of having a lower cost if using same color glyphs the glyph cost is the exact same.
Another note: A higher lvl glyph can not be used to lvl a lower lvl glyph.

How do I use glyphs?
To use a glyph you must have glyph slots open (quests outside of city hall in neverfall unlock all 3 available slots in the current moment)
Once you have a slot unlocked press the (R) button on your keyboard and on the right hand side of your skill book is a tab labeled glyphs (click it)
Drag your glyph from your inventory into the glyph bag in order to equip, the current glyph slots open form a triangle the glyphs goes above the first slot and the lvl 12 skill below (if you have)
To level the glyphs click the tab labeled glyph growth

What does each glyph add?
Besides the stats they add skill effects hover over the colored glyphs in glyph tab to see the effect of the glyph color.

That's pretty much it, Duckblades
Twilight Temple
Post edited by nunuator on

Comments

• nunuator
    edited April 2017
    Reserved to make changes etc
    Also if you're​ on TT and wanna help me out with info supply me with lvl 1 glyphs c:

Testing with lvl 5 glyph complete...
    Sadly the 80% from lvl 4 vs 110% from lvl 5 is barely noticeable on DB DMG maybe scales by an extra 1-1.5k but, as far as on DB they seem like a waste unless you're ​going for 100% stun on eternity and not the weapon DMG ones.
    DB got the short end of the stick this update but, hey I still got my seeker hopefully -100% metal resistance is more noticable than the DB reaper runes

Side note: the stats get greater at each lvl but, new adds become available with each new tier. EX: lvl 1-4 had only resistance and HP at lvl 5 physical/magical Atk stat is added
    Post edited by nunuator on
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Just to clarify, because alot of people still think that weapon damage % is a thing...

Any glyph for just extra Weapon damage % and maybe even basic xxxx damage is totally and utterly negligable. Anything that shortens channeling/cast, Cooldowns, increases CC, effects, amps and increases the base damage multiplier are vastly superior in any possible regard over anything that revolves around weapon damage multipliers.

Hence all metal skill Argent Glyphs (for charging/insta casting) are ultra-mega-hyper superior and can even be considered broken in some regard. Damage is nearly the same (didnt test it myself tho..YET!) but the speed...damn..perma Zooming Thunder Powder is GG :D
  • nunuator
    Yeah the glyphs for DB focus on the added stats more than damage to be honest and they are finally getting the nerf they needed sins on the other hand can still face roll cause of tidal and now a combat point system with paralysis...

@jsxshadow
    Even though sin seems Uber broken at the current time the class that will be the most OP with pure lvl 10 Glyphs is going to be either seeker and or an HP build barb
    A 100% reduction to metal defense with a 400% DMG heart seeker and guaranteed 4 sec freeze and -20 def lvl wind blade on a short cooldown is broken imo... Even though seeker is really easily abused with CC skills I easily see this prevailing with this glyph update
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    It'S not that easy to tell..any class has going something for them...Mystics genie disable, Archer insta-casting all their skills, Barbs getting tankier/more chi/more reliable debuffs, BMs getting way better chi management (HF spam :D ), Wizards pushing damage via Combo'ing (even tho wizards got the shortest straw imho), Clerics are able to stay alive longer and dish out some crazy CC stunt (even tho they've been OP and they always will be), Venos with their crazy DoT Shenanigans and heal blockage, Psy...well xD That damage increase on sealed targets and better chance for CC seems legit but meh, Storms with their increased channel and damage in reaper form/better chi management, Duskblades with their endless chi and CD reduction on crucial CC skills, Seeker with their newfound accuracy, debuffs and combos and sins...welp..massive damage increase but not much that would increase their survivability which can be abused..somewhat.
  • nunuator
    Oh well good luck to everyone that plays this still my focus in this game was PvP but due to being TS 5 and getting legitimately screwed by GM's I won't be playing anymore or at least until my toon is fixed...

I gave everything of value away so nothing left to add to this guide but, hey I did something.

Duckblades