Venomancer Glyph testing

catgirldesu
catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Venomancer
Hello fluffy Venomancers!
I made this thread for us to discuss the Glyphs and test them out. Also check out the Venomancer Glyphs wiki page!

Here are my findings so far:
  • Do not learn Glyph-Redstone if you want to get Demon Ironwood in the future. The new merged skills cannot be reset.
  • Green Glyph Redstone seems to no longer have different animations between the 70%+ and 180% debuffs. Primal World version has a flaming animation on the target when it procs the 180% debuff.
  • Green Glyph for Venomous is the best Glyph damage-wise as far as I've seen, but it requires the pet to be alive.
  • Blue Glyphs made barely any difference to me so they aren't that great at level 1 (would love more input from others with slower -channeling).
  • Silver Glyphs turns attack skills to DoTs and they get their own unique icon.
  • Silver Glyph DoT works like any other DoT.
  • Silver Glyph DoT can indeed be stacked (up to 10); the DoT gets progressively stronger if you keep attacking. Sadly, there is no number indicator for how many stacks the target has.
  • Green Glyph Soul Degeneration does get its own unique icon that prevents healing.
  • Fox Form debuffs with green Glyphs work based on different types of DoTs. Stacking Venomous DoT does not extend the duration of the Fox Form debuffs. To extend it you actually need to stack Venomous/Redstone/Noxious/Lucky DoTs. This also means the maximum duration at level 10 green Glyph Soul Degeneration is 16 seconds. The minimum duration is 1 second if you use one DoT type or 4 seconds if you use all 4 types of DoTs.

https://youtu.be/3nUUgjoSdIk​​
Post edited by catgirldesu on

Comments

• catgirldesu
    edited June 2017

Venomous Glyphs are fairly straight forward:
    https://youtu.be/JCqltxFj25E

On the other hand, we have the Fox Form debuffs with a few interesting points:
    https://youtu.be/yrS765WNKn8

• Argent Glyph for Fox Form debuffs only works if you apply all four DoT types (correct me if I'm wrong, but using only one DoT type didn't seem to work?).
    • I believe green Glyph has the overall strongest debuffs, but they are highly dependent on using the DoT combo properly.
    • Red Glyphs, on the other hand, are also very strong, with the added benefit of not needing any combos.
    • Red Glyph Crush Vigor damage works as a one-tick DoT attack.
    • Crush Vigor with blue Glyph increases the Chi burn from 15 to 20 per hit.
    • Amplify Damage and Soul Degeneration with blue Glyph give 30 chi (though the skill description says 10).

Feel free to share your own opinions of the new Glyphs. fox-4.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Are the DoTs purify-able and how about the Soul Degeneration..does it really block any healing like via Skills, Pots, Charms, etc?
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    Yes, DoTs can be purified. For Soul Degeneration, I would assume so based on the skill description. It's hard to test it right now though because it doesn't last long enough (need access to the other DoT skills and/or higher level Glyph).​​
  • jsxshadow
    Yes, DoTs can be purified. For Soul Degeneration, I would assume so based on the skill description. It's hard to test it right now though because it doesn't last long enough (need access to the other DoT skills and/or higher level Glyph).​​

Meh, if dots can be purified you can completely forget them vs Caster/purify proc user..since they just vanish before they can become effective. Too bad :(
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    New skill findings:

• Purge with Sanguine Glyph gives 30 Chi (it's in the skill description, but easy to miss).
    • Faith blocks and purifies DoT attacks (Argent Glyph).
    • Seekers cannot pass back (QPQ) DoTs; they stay on the Seeker.
    • Argent Glyph on Blazing Barrier does indeed make you immune to magic damage.
    • I tried to detonate 2 DoTs with Parasitic Nova but the damage was the same as without Argent Glyph on Parasitic Nova. So it either needs all four DoTs or I'm doing something wrong. I haven't learnt Glyph Redstone yet though as I haven't decided if I'll stay Sage or go Demon.
    • Verdant Glyph on Lucky Scarab is indeed a Paralyze but it's far too short at level 1-4 Glyph to be worth using.
    • Argent Glyph DoT skills cancel Sleep because they deal a % of direct damage too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KevgQ15W5Cc​​
  • jsxshadow
    can you test if blazing barrier (I think it was that skill) really has a glyph that makes it a 10 second long Soul of Retaliation? That would be friggin broken if that's the case..it would be rather insane tbh xD

if it really lasts full 10 seconds and reflects anything...Well, even if it just lasts 10 sec and reflects one it would be very powerful..I am already afraid of the answer xD
  • catgirldesu
    I tried testing it but it didn't seem to.. work well? Maybe it's based on Soulforce although the skill description doesn't suggest that. I need to find someone with a level 5 Sanguine Glyph so I have better chances at testing. The 4 second duration is a little short for testing, but 6 seconds has more room for trial.

​​
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    One interesting thing that I notice is that the Dot Glyph for venomous and other human form skills, Argent if I am not wrong (sorry not inside the game atm) greatly reduce your damage output. To put it simple: while it is true that it stack and all, the damage per hit of the skill by itself (not Dot) is nothing, so this glyph is sort of a double edge sword, this apply to both pvp and pve damage. I guess this glyph can be really nice to stack the dot and trigger the effect after, it also could be nice to finish an enemy that is runing away with charm cooldown or not charmed at all. But at same time would be useless for things like some bosses or really tanky people.

A good example would be Mask of grief Boss at Abaddon. I was actually farming puppet and Mask the same day I got my first Neverfall skills and glyphs. At some point I had the silver glyph equiped on venomous, and it was literally impossible for me to kill the boss with that glyph equiped on it. This Because the damage output was so low that even with the buff that the boss gives I was hitting for really low damage and of course, boss was healing before I was even able to take alf the life of it. After I removed the glyph from the skill, I was able to spark kill Mask as usual.

Description say something like: Deals an additional 20% of base magic damage at level 1 to 4?
    But is actually not additional to the hit, I can guess it could be more something like: you get the additional damage but a good amount of the total damage from the actual hit of the skill is probably divided in the dot.

So, many people may get confused and think that is just like any other of the old dot skills, but is not.

One glyph/skill that caught my attention is verdant glyph on purge, while is true that at low level is alf second duration, with high level glyph could be interesting to see. Now I know that 1 or 2 seconds disarm is not really that much, but at least seems fun to me. Only problem is that for some reason it ask for argent glyph effect on other skills to trigger so.... :D

Edit: sorry if got a double post at some point, this browser is kind of glitched or maybe the forum is trolling me :p

• catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    I think Argent Glyphs (plus Fox Form skill combos) are strong in mass PvP when you have multiple Venomancers. That can ensure DoTs are always around on targets so Venomancers can take advantage of each other's DoTs to combo them with Fox Form or catalyze them. Plus they have the advantage of ignoring things like a Barbarian's Invoke.

But that's in an ideal situation. What happens in PWI is that most of our PvP is small scale (Colosseum, TNF, 1v1). Open world PK is pretty dead right now (may or may not pick up again after the novelty of the expansion has worn off). TW and xTW are currently the only places something like this would shine, but you also have to consider flanking squads or situations when you're in a 15v15 on the side lane with a Venomancer or two around only.

I feel like the Argent Glyph effects are a nice concept but needed a little more work. I could be wrong of course. Maybe they work well in PWCN. They are pretty fun to test and play/goof around with at least.

​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited June 2017
    Blazing Barrier Glyphs:
    https://youtu.be/kJ3iBDvgzik
    Alright, I tested Blazing Barrier with a Sanguine Glyph some more. The sample is kinda small but I think it does a calculation based on both players' Soulforce.

A few additional points regarding Blazing Barrier:

• Sanguine, Golden, Verdant Glyphs make the skill cost 1 spark.
    • Ethereal Glyph makes the skill cost 0 chi.
    • Argent Glyph makes the skill cost 30 chi, and does not reduce damage.​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited June 2017

https://youtu.be/ClGfA3mR1n0
    Ethereal Glyphs! They are nothing special, but I did say in my first videos I will make a separate video for these so here it is.
    Some of these points have been mentioned already, but I'll repeat them anyway:
    • Crush Vigor with blue Glyph increases the Chi burn from 15 to 20 per hit.
    • Amplify Damage and Soul Degeneration with blue Glyph give 30 chi (though the skill description says 10).
    • Blazing Barrier costs no chi.
    ​​