Returned boss event

nunuator
nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
So, this is a thing seems pretty cool but, is this going to be like world bosses back in the day and take 6-8 people to kill one or is it going to be weak aff like the ones today and soloable by everyone...

Which bosses does this pertain to and what is the spawn rate of each one is it hourly or is it going to be a PVE fac sig event that some factions would go nuts for... Know a couple of PvP/PvE factions that would go nuts over this.

Is there a full drop list for each cause pwdatabase pulls up war avatar chest soul prime as a drop funny if it's true cause harpy wraith is a soul prime card lel...

Only reason I'm asking is due to being afk for the next couple of days...

If @kalystconquerer#0876 could post a drop list and confirm some previous questions for me, much would be obliged.

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    APRIL FOOLS!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • ealdorman
    ealdorman Posts: 16 Arc User
    yep, shoulda checked the date before believing it :D
  • nunuator
    Figured lel but the bosses still exist in the database which makes me question the validity of the prank so...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/50028

Not sure why you would go through the trouble of coding for an April fool's joke...

Might be a joke for now but, legit next update
  • valdisman
    edited April 2017
    Well on ET a Returning boss actually spawned East of Plume. It's drops vanish almost immediately (that's the April fools part of it). Same with the Harpy Wraith (spawned West of Arch)
    Post edited by valdisman on
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I left some truth in that post, just got to figure out whats the fooly parts and whats real!

On a serious note, yes the Returned Boss event is 100% real and will spawn bosses...I believe on 30 min to 1 hour intervals for about 4 (?) hours? So please enjoy! If Pick All is really becoming a huge engagement issue, I'll talk to CN and see what we can do. It'll be an all or nothing solution -either we keep it everywhere or it gets removed as a function period.

So what did everyone think about the event? I figured players would rather not get super trolled by an event that spams fake shutdown messages or fake ten million big notes and S cards and instead tried to keep it lighthearted and something that is run manually. (ok boxes around teleporters is pretty annoying though, I'll admit that.)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Ya know, the killer snowmen in Arch might have been fun....
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valdisman
    I left some truth in that post, just got to figure out whats the fooly parts and whats real!

On a serious note, yes the Returned Boss event is 100% real and will spawn bosses...I believe on 30 min to 1 hour intervals for about 4 (?) hours? So please enjoy! If Pick All is really becoming a huge engagement issue, I'll talk to CN and see what we can do. It'll be an all or nothing solution -either we keep it everywhere or it gets removed as a function period.

So what did everyone think about the event? I figured players would rather not get super trolled by an event that spams fake shutdown messages or fake ten million big notes and S cards and instead tried to keep it lighthearted and something that is run manually. (ok boxes around teleporters is pretty annoying though, I'll admit that.)

Pick up all is extremely useful in UP and DUP runs, especially in 2x. That is mainly due to the fact the squads are always set to random. On a boss event like this or the coin bosses which sometimes spawn, it would be an issue as a singular player will collect everything.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Can you just clarify if those returning boss drops do disappear (The April Fools bit) or were they being pick up all by someone?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman
    Nevermind the drops can be picked up. What determines who get the drops from a kill then?

The first boss you spawned, I started the first hit, kept the aggro (due to most damage) till it died but was unable to even see the drops properly as someone was able to pick up all.. You might as well just send the people who pay to win the drops in their mail.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    "Pick up all is extremely useful in UP and DUP runs, especially in 2x. That is mainly due to the fact the squads are always set to random."

Maybe on your sever, but a lot of UP squads here do free and just split drops at the end, hell there a good a l mount of people who won't even do random drop UP squads.

Honestly though, the pick up all thing ruins events like pinata or anything that's a free for all since all the drops goes to whoever the fastest at pressing the button, at least in normal pick up, only 1 drop is picked at a time so others have a chance to get something, and the minor convinane of picking drops faster in instance runs doesn't seem to justify ruining any free for all drop based event.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • valdisman
    "Pick up all is extremely useful in UP and DUP runs, especially in 2x. That is mainly due to the fact the squads are always set to random."

Maybe on your sever, but a lot of UP squads here do free and just split drops at the end, hell there a good a l mount of people who won't even do random drop UP squads.

Honestly though, the pick up all thing ruins events like pinata or anything that's a free for all since all the drops goes to whoever the fastest at pressing the button, at least in normal pick up, only 1 drop is picked at a time so others have a chance to get something, and the minor convinane of picking drops faster in instance runs doesn't seem to justify ruining any free for all drop based event.

Ah yeah on free it can still be useful as it saves time. If you're splitting at the end, it will make no difference to having a pick up all or not if 1 person is banking.

I agree on the Pinata (coin bosses) it does completely kill it for anyone who's there.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • nunuator
    Feel like pick up all should be available only in instances if that is possible something like the hyper stone restriction in FCC but, the opposite....

As far as the returned bosses is it just for today cause if so QQ missed it xD

Or is it a minor sneak peak on what's coming with the upcoming update.

@kalystconquerer#0876
  • valdisman
    nunuator wrote: »
    Feel like pick up all should be available only in instances if that is possible something like the hyper stone restriction in FCC but, the opposite....

As far as the returned bosses is it just for today cause if so QQ missed it xD

Or is it a minor sneak peak on what's coming with the upcoming update.

@kalystconquerer#0876

My guess would be just for today. As the bosses also came with snowmen and snow in the cities for about an hour. I think they just tied it in with the Expansion references as it's close to being released. I'm only guessing though.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User

I have to agree with this. I don't even bother going to event bosses anymore since if one person has pick all, I wouldn't get anything anyways. Now if it was like with some bosses where it was a quest instead of a drop that activated for everyone, and everyone who was there got random rewards when the boss died, then pick all wouldn't be an issue. Otherwise it either needs to be changed so that pick all doesn't work in the world, especially for events where the drops are on free, or perhaps if there was a way to change it so that if someone used pick all in certain areas, it would randomly distribute the items among all who are there instead of going all to the person who used it the fastest. It is useful in dungeons when people are in a party and agree ahead of time to redistribute rewards or it's set on random, but not when it's something that anyone can join whether in the party of the pick all user or not.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Yeah I'll need to see whats even possible for the devs to program for us first before confirming any changes for it.

I didn't actually intend for it to be a sneak peak of sorts, but especially with that one instance that will come around in the future...

Actually this was an event that was created for us that we hadn't used before (to my knowledge) and I thought would be nice to spawn for players and intro during April Fools. It'll definitely come back again in the future, but I'll need to check with this Pick All issue first before I do.