Server Suggestions (USA)

Options
bossz
bossz Posts: 3 Arc User
Howdy,

I too have not quite got away from PWI and I have played since beta. (woah so cool) Anyways, I'm seeking votes as to what server I should continue my journey on. I started on Lost City, and continued my journeys elsewhere and came back, etc etc. I have nice toons on all servers, but I'm considering re-rolling yet again.

I've maxed a toon out on basically every class, minus DB and SB, but I have a good understanding of playing both through various means.

So should I play on Etherblade or Twilight Temple. I have decent currency on both, but I am wondering based off the toxicity of the playerbase which is a safer choice -- before I get too invested.

Cheers,
Mukuroz
I've played this crazy game since 2009
"Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. But what you throw away you'll never get back."

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello!

I would ask other player's from their respective servers you listed to chime in if they'd like.

For me personally, I was Heaven's Tear then rerolled to Archosaur server, which became Etherblade post merge (so its like I almost never left HT haha!)

Etherblade can be very.... interesting. My perception is skewed of course, because I've played in that particular community for a long time and of course, whenever I'm on a GM character versus on a regular toon, my experience is different. I catch less trolling on any other server than Etherblade when on a GM, but this could be because people know I have mains there.

I don't play on Twilight Temple so I can't speak for that server's playerbase, unfortunately. Whenever I visit, it's not too bad though - but I'm hardly on, so take that with a grain of salt. There will always be a few vocal bad apples on every server and each one has it's own quirks. But there are definitely good, helpful people and factions spread across all the servers.

Study how the server interacts with each other if you have the time and see which community you'd like to be a part of more. Also, it can't hurt to see if you have any friends on either server that play frequently that can give you better insights.

Hope this helps!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'd say pick the server with the lowest ping. From what I've seen, the player base is basically the same on both servers.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bossz
    bossz Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Hello!

I would ask other player's from their respective servers you listed to chime in if they'd like.
    I'd say pick the server with the lowest ping. From what I've seen, the player base is basically the same on both servers.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am essentially trying to ask for players perspective on my choices, but the forum seems a little bit inactive.

It's hard to choose. I have the same ping on both west coast servers, but obviously that fluctuates based off the amount of people playing, etc.

At this point I'm thinking, Etherblade. It's a little more nostalgic because there seems to be factions still alive from the older days where as the new Lost City merge seems to be overrun with new folk.(not that the new folk are bad, just all the talk of new content and player cards makes me shriek and think of yu-gi-oh ha)

Anyways, thanks again.

I've played this crazy game since 2009
    "Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. But what you throw away you'll never get back."