xServer PvP Room please

Options
nunuator
nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Just out of curiousity are we going to be getting a cross server PK room with this next update cause, the only possible way to 1v1 someone from another server is to be lucky enough to run into them in xTW and have both factions willing to let it happen...

I know Thursday night fights is supposed to have a xServer aspect to it but, it remains broken at the moment...

I would love to have a cross server 1v1 or team PK dedicated instance that is open at all times. This would open up the possibility of 1v1's and group PK with new faces from different servers and I think it's much needed in this game.

So I ask @kalystconquerer#0876 are we going to be given a dedicated cross server PK instance with a ranking system with number of kills etc. or are we going to keep going down the only way to 1v1 or team is running into people in xTw?
Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    The new PvP arena is xserver on CN. Its no 1vs1 instance but 3vs3/6vs6 isnt that large mass of ppl either. It was open 24/7 on the launch but reduced to 12h/day recently, dunno which version we get out of the two. I would imagine the first one knowing how recent change the 12h restriction is. It has ranking points but it doesnt track the total count of kills.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Yes, it looks like ours will be the 24/7 version if the change in CN was not a server side change last minute. If it is a server side setting, we might end up getting this restriction but I can double check with CN just in case.

Based on preliminary reports, it looks like the feature is working as intended and should be out on launch! I know this feature is really important for our PvPers in the game, so I've been keeping a pulse on it. So, baring anything horrible happening last minute, we should see no delays with the PvP event!

Also Cross Server TNF isn't exactly broken...its just that we have a US specific NPC created for us that we have to manually activate and that CN wanted us to run on a "seasons" type deal, with a datapull for all qualifying participants. I don't want to mess with this until post expansion launch and this could come with its own host of problems that I'm well aware of.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welp that leaves me to question of what will happen to people that have toons on multiple servers such as Roar_King, Jinvintes etc.

And while we are on xServer stuff...

@kalystconquerer#0876
    Is cross server trading ever going to become a thing or, would the mixing of the prices on servers completely destroy certain servers economies?

I know some players that would love to buy some items from another server and even charge gold to do so, so they can get a cheaper version of the same item from another server and trade it to themselves via xServer