Origin vs Tempest 18-03-2017

When the map reset I was worried it was gonna take a really long time before we'd have a fun xTw again, little did I know a fun xTw was coming so soon. /o/ Against what is probably my favorite opponent to fight in xTw since they are probably the most capable opponent strategically. And they aren't ridiculously overloaded with these new broken classes that we can actually fight each other properly without half the people being stuck 24/7. Very good fight guys and good luck for the rest of the season, more of these xTws pls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bPlhmd8ZB0

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I feel like vindicate has the most sb/db ratio agian but still a good guild to fight just hope next major china update nerf vortex half range or remove from xtw
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I think they shud remove the skill entirely n just give the classes smtn else to play with x( especially the DB copy, it doesnt have to be vortex QQ And ye, Vindi prolly has the most SBs/DBs, but they have yet to beat a top tier faction in a 1v1 since xTw was released so I dont know if its worth mentioning them in a conversation like that. It also kinda shows there's more than just gear/class balance involved in xTw, which is good. I think amongst the top tier factions Crisis probably has the most SBs/DBs (?) but Im not too sure. Im just happy Tempest isnt, cuz now we get to actually play the game. ^^
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    I like how you know every fight Vindicate has ever had and that we've never won any of them. Oh wait you don't and we did.
    I'm really curious though what happened to Tempest to lose to Origin, cause holy **** Origin sucks now.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Awesome. Tempest had 2x fights? as that did seem a bit easier than it should have been.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Ah good video, I'm so happy Origin had a moral boost win; it's really been a rough couple of weeks for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ii7gVfajTE&feature=youtu.be

• dingo488
    edited March 2017
    No one can have 2 fights this early in the season, since all unclaimed lands have to be claimed first before currently claimed lands can get attacked. And ye I do know most if not all the big 1v1s that go on in xTw, its an important part of planning and preparation. I feel like when Vindicate beats an opponent they usually don't realize that opponent had 3-4 more battles. ^-^ Tho its true I haven't been paying much attention to Vindicate since they haven't been much of a threat in the past, based on how much they struggled to beat Infamous last week I'm assuming they will continue to not be much of a threat, though perhaps Infamous has powered up a lot, time will tell, not really worth discussing though, since this threat has nothing to do with Vindicate.
  • valdisman
    dingo488 wrote: »
    No one can have 2 fights this early in the season, since all unclaimed lands have to be claimed first before currently claimed lands can get attacked. And ye I do know most if not all the big 1v1s that go on in xTw, its an important part of planning and preparation. I feel like when Vindicate beats an opponent they usually don't realize that opponent had 3-4 more battles. ^-^ Tho its true I haven't been paying much attention to Vindicate since they haven't been much of a threat in the past, based on how much they struggled to beat Infamous last week I'm assuming they will continue to not be much of a threat, though perhaps Infamous has powered up a lot, time will tell, not really worth discussing though, since this threat has nothing to do with Vindicate.

So you beat Tempest but they kept the land..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No one can have 2 fights this early in the season, since all unclaimed lands have to be claimed first before currently claimed lands can get attacked.
    Gotta love how u talk about stuff u dont know xD
    If you didnt notice not all T1 lands are taken , and yet some factions had T1 wars with enemies , so if what you say is true enlighten us how did that happen.
    Its possible lets say next week Origin bids t2 and Crisis bids t3 and with so many unclaimed T2 lands Origin ends up paired with Crisis on T2.
  • dingo488
    edited March 2017
    sin20 wrote: »
    Gotta love how u talk about stuff u dont know xD
    If you didnt notice not all T1 lands are taken , and yet some factions had T1 wars with enemies , so if what you say is true enlighten us how did that happen.
    Its possible lets say next week Origin bids t2 and Crisis bids t3 and with so many unclaimed T2 lands Origin ends up paired with Crisis on T2.

Hm, but what if I do know.

What if I told you week #1 the 18(or whatever number) factions fought each other 1v1 over Vile Dragon Camp 1-9. And week #2, the 14(or whatever number) factions fought each other 1v1 over Vile Dragon Camp 10-16. Does that make sense to you? ^-^ No ones land got attacked, the factions that had T1 wars with enemies were both attacking an unclaimed land. Spoiler warning, next week these same factions will fight each other over Vile Dragon Camp 17-whatever number.

:s Feels like even now none of you know how xTw even works, I gotta be careful how much I tell you guys, it's all very relevant information for strategies :s this one lesson was free tho, please mail DoDs to Madskillz for your next class. I will offer my services as strategic advisor, I need dem yung JOSD.

And yes, we fought Tempest and they kept their land, cuz they attack Swirling Dragon Camp, as did we, we won, so we got the land. Unless you magically see them have a land on Swirling Dragon Camp right now ^^

• valdisman
    That proves my point about them having multiple fights. I highly doubt you would beat main Tempest in just over 1hr. Would make sense for them to defend their tier 1 over gaining a tier 2
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • dingo488
    -_-'' you dont get it do you
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    All he talks about is strategy yet they cant think of any to beat Vindicate in TW?
    #StrategicAdvisor
  • valdisman

I do get it. You beat them for the tier 2 that's why I said I'm pretty sure they had 2 fights or you wouldn't have beaten them as easily as you did. If they prioritized the tier 2 with you and then lost the tier , they would have gained 0 points so would have been pointless.

You simply wouldn't beat full showing Tempest in little over 1hr..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

I do get it. You beat them for the tier 2 that's why I said I'm pretty sure they had 2 fights or you wouldn't have beaten them as easily as you did. If they prioritized the tier 2 with you and then lost the tier , they would have gained 0 points so would have been pointless.

I havent heard of a single faction having double war this weekend nor has anybody from Tempest confirmed your claim. As it stands its far more likely qontrol is correct in his assessment that it was 1vs1 battle. If you have a different view, you better be able to prove it with more than "I feel like". The chances where Tempest would of had to field anything significant to 2nd war(Which I dont think they had) are pretty darn low but reasons for that are tedious theorycrafting I save you people from.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    based on how much they struggled to beat Infamous last week

You have an interesting definition of struggled. It was a nice fight, with kills fairly even on both sides. Vindicate led in points the entire time, killed more towers than Infamous did, and had control of both diamonds for about 75% of the fight. I guess we should have killed their dragon in 5 minutes for it not to be a struggle.

• merrickxkun
    merrickxkun Posts: 9 Arc User
    This was full force Tempest, with 1 fight only. We were outright overpowered on every thing we tried, which is expected in 60v60 when a single faction has more NP toons than our entire server. We've got a lot to work on and hopefully in a couple months we'll be able to last the full 2hrs. Thanks for the fun, respectful and challenging SVS.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Infamous honest we had a good shot at fighting Vindicate. It was fairly a good war just we got simply outplayed in terms of strategy we had the firepower despite missing 4 good gear ppl also vindicate was too because of server congestion bs it could have gone eitherway imo based on the video I recorded. But then agian yes vindicate lead in point for the vast majority of the fight nonetheless I wouldn't say it was a overwhelming struggle or a easy win for vindicate merely a gf @capnk
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • valdisman
    This was full force Tempest, with 1 fight only. We were outright overpowered on every thing we tried, which is expected in 60v60 when a single faction has more NP toons than our entire server. We've got a lot to work on and hopefully in a couple months we'll be able to last the full 2hrs. Thanks for the fun, respectful and challenging SVS.

Got the answer right here. I knew Origin were strong but I wasn't expecting you to lose in little over 1 hour. It's what made me think you might have been split between 2 fights and prioritized points over gaining the extra land. Had to mention it as it was a possibility.

'If you have a different view, you better be able to prove it with more than "I feel like".'

Why do you think I asked before you typed that. Please understand the basic direction threads are going before posting. you're telling me to do something I already did.. :D:D:D
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User

Got the answer right here. I knew Origin were strong but I wasn't expecting you to lose in little over 1 hour. It's what made me think you might have been split between 2 fights and prioritized points over gaining the extra land. Had to mention it as it was a possibility.

'If you have a different view, you better be able to prove it with more than "I feel like".'

Why do you think I asked before you typed that. Please understand the basic direction threads are going before posting. you're telling me to do something I already did.. :D:D:D

In part - we, Tempest, played poorly. In whole, we had one fight - we had 57 bodies in there, Origin won. I'd like to compliment Origin on their positioning as their clerics were widely inaccessible and anytime we managed to drop someone we couldn't keep them down because well, we couldn't get to dropping the clerics. For anyone who thinks the NP count matters, I suppose it does but it's not the sole factor. Tempest had 4 Nuema Portals in the fight.

• valdisman
    In part - we, Tempest, played poorly. In whole, we had one fight - we had 57 bodies in there, Origin won. I'd like to compliment Origin on their positioning as their clerics were widely inaccessible and anytime we managed to drop someone we couldn't keep them down because well, we couldn't get to dropping the clerics. For anyone who thinks the NP count matters, I suppose it does but it's not the sole factor. Tempest had 4 Nuema Portals in the fight.

Yeah the NP ideology is something you find a lot on Et server and which many PvP and cash players still over value. An 80/80 NP isn't that much greater than a fully 2RA Warsong or Morai set. In a Warsong set, having the S (The Incarcerate) 1RA and the rest 2RA still gives +458 Physical Res more than the NP. You 2RA The Incarcerate and youll get 1.1k Physical Res more and also more HP.

NP is still the best card set for people who can afford to buy it though, however, it's well known it's not something alone that can change the outcome of a fight as you stated. From what you said, they just did it tactically perfect. Was mentioned on an older thread Origin would most likely make top 3 and could even win this season so it's not a surprise that they won, just surprised me how quickly it was, hense I wondered if you had multiple fights.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641

I do wonder how difficult simple conversations can be to you. Yes, you asked if Tempest had 2 fights after which you spend 3 posts trying to argue people telling you Tempest only had 1 battle. I dont really understand whats the point of "asking questions" when you have clearly made up your mind before you even get an answer.

As for NP cards not mattering, they arent that massive alone but generally NP players also have everything else maxed. This combination makes certain people extremely difficult to deal with and the number of NP players is best indication we have to count those players as NP is the hardest part to get. When those maxed psys for example hit our HAs for 30ks iirc, acting like that gear doesnt play massive factor in xTW is pretty shortsighted. You have to burn extra resources to take those people down, specially if and when they play juggermaw comp with them. And its not like those massive threats are the only threats in their factions.

The game has shifted from few people soloing factions but putting enough money on right classes can still have drastic impact in the flow of TW/xTW. And played right, there is very little counterplay options to deal with them.

• nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
  • valdisman
    3 posts arguing? lmfao. Was posted that they didn't know and finally someone from Tempest said it was in fact 1 fight (which I never said it actually wasn't) so why would I argue on an answer to my own question that I didn't know??

Again, another thread you somehow derail and make it also about me instead of sticking directly to the topic :D
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • dingo488
    edited March 2017
  • drinayu
    drinayu Posts: 2 Arc User
    About the argument of having 2 fights. It was possible Mr QQontrol. Should have checked with your allied guild corvinus. As far as I know they had 2 battles.

Nice videos, yet wonder why no tw video from Vindicate vs origin. Probably magically fraps stop working.

As for infamous and vindicate there was some glitch with server being congested for TT players. Granted Vindicate didn't bring best setup and still easily won infamous says a lot.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Corvinus had a PvP and PvE battle.
  • valdisman
    Yeah I knew it was possible to have multiple fights, was only wondering if that was the case as no one from Tempest had posted to say. It wasn't the case though, as merrickxkun explained.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    drinayu wrote: »
    About the argument of having 2 fights. It was possible Mr QQontrol. Should have checked with your allied guild corvinus. As far as I know they had 2 battles.

Nice videos, yet wonder why no tw video from Vindicate vs origin. Probably magically fraps stop working.

As for infamous and vindicate there was some glitch with server being congested for TT players. Granted Vindicate didn't bring best setup and still easily won infamous says a lot.

My video of the Vindicate vs Origin TW can be found in 2 threads.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1206516/sugarmists-youtube-videos
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1206846/vindicate-vs-origin-1-1#latest

Heres a direct link to the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GBpZSHoRk
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    3 posts arguing? lmfao. Was posted that they didn't know and finally someone from Tempest said it was in fact 1 fight (which I never said it actually wasn't) so why would I argue on an answer to my own question that I didn't know??

Again, another thread you somehow derail and make it also about me instead of sticking directly to the topic :D

I`m not gonna take responsibility over you derailing the thread, you`re a grown man who is supposed to be able to handle himself.

But I guess you didnt actually say this:

Or this:
    That proves my point about them having multiple fights.

But no, I wouldnt know why you would argue in favor one of the possible answers when you asked for an answer. But its pretty clear you did exactly that.