Rarest (and most recent) flyers now in Boutique

valdisman
valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
@kalystconquerer#0876 Was this supposed to happen or were these flyers always going to be put into the Boutique?

On Etherblade, these flyers were extremely sought after and worth a lot of money, now its another item which has been made almost worthless. These were only introduced a couple months ago from the Snowdance Chests and very few were obtained from packs..
#kylehawkinsuck
Moonshine drinker
In a world of 10s, be an 11.

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Could be worse, they could have made them 50 silver.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Same can be said for those who spent 500m on wraith touched I remember I almost paid 300m for mine from a friend and then next week sold in O everything depreciates in value it is what it is budd
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    If you expect any "rare" item to remain rare in PWI.. you're gonna have a bad time.
    This happens all the time.
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tricksie wrote: »
    If you expect any "rare" item to remain rare in PWI.. you're gonna have a bad time.
    This happens all the time.
    Yep, even items that they claim will "only be available as a reward through contests" always end up in the boutique. Sometimes not even that long after the contest ends. It's pretty pathetic.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    people still care about flyers?
  • valdisman
    Its not so much about *caring about flyers* or keeping an item *rare*. Its just a con. Make people charge and buy 1000s of packs to get a exclusive new mount, fash, flyer etc only to then put it freely available in boutique for almost 1/4 its economy coin price.
    Everything in the game is being devalued and aimed at cash spending players. Its just a farce from what this game could have been, to the state it is currently in.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    And here I thought this community has been whining for years to get pack flyers into boutique. You had a rare flyer that became common, too bad, there are a lot of happy people over this decision. The biggest scam is making the flyers pack only in the first place.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    That's why most ppl shouldn't obsess over mounts or fashion. Take the ancestral dragon mount. At one point on DA ppl were buying it 500m-2billion just for that one mount because of how rare and unique it is. Just like that it's a clown show with how many ppl roaming on that thing obscuring the view of areas lmfao
  • valdisman
    blazerboy wrote: »
    That's why most ppl shouldn't obsess over mounts or fashion. Take the ancestral dragon mount. At one point on DA ppl were buying it 500m-2billion just for that one mount because of how rare and unique it is. Just like that it's a clown show with how many ppl roaming on that thing obscuring the view of areas lmfao

Yeah same thing applied on Et. Got refused a 2b offer on someones Horror. A week later it became more easily available and dropped to around 200m.

It just seems this game doesn't have any boundary between exclusive and rare items and ones that anyone can easily get like other games have. I'm not mad over it as I never had one anyway and not interested in having one as they are all horrible looking imo. Its the fact that all new *exclusive* items are being made easily available so there is no motive to working hard or spending a lot of money towards getting them.

The poor people are happy though as they can now cheaply get something they couldn't otherwise afford.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User

PWI started this to increase monetization by delaying the boutique release of an item and putting it in chance packs first...I don't think they ever cared about rare "collector's items"...the whole fashion in packs thing was just to increase revenue but people assumed something else entirely.
  • valdisman
    I'm not too concerned about 'collectors items'. I have multiple sets of 2011 xmas fashion and other obsolete items.

I just don't see any reasoning behind putting items as an exclusive pack item only to then release it into boutique 2 months later. The same happened with the mounts they said would no longer be available like the frog and penguin ones i think. A few months later the packs were back on sale. Every game has some sort of exclusive or rare content. That concept seems to now be lost for this game. Just cant understand the reasoning why is all.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    As packs start going on sale for lower prices, it will ultimately lower the value of the flyers, fashion and mounts that come from them. The way we run our Cash Shop is different from CN's.

@sylenthunder Wasn't Bad Panda one of those first big Event Only mounts for quite a while for...calendar contests I want to say? And then it ended up creeping into the Boutique. Black Raptor and some old event flyers (Galactic Beetle, Rose Gold Gourd etc.) also made it's way into the shop. I think when the game changed hands there wasn't any communication or some people thought that releasing exclusivity on some of those older items was a good idea. And even though I have a relatively long memory of things, even I don't know all the ins and outs of anything that was designated as "this is locked to this event only". Conversely, we've done things to items that were meant to be exclusives or limited time runs in the CN version, but we made them more readily available here for one reason or another.

I've found some cool mounts and pets in the next expansion that I think I'd like to actually have a running "exclusivity lock" on, just so that there is something that players can have that is actually unique! Obviously, if I'm not around to retain that exclusivity clause on them, I can't do much about that. But for as long as I'm around, then we can start designating these items and blocking other items that break the exclusivity going forward. And maybe when it stops being a high level of hectic, we can actually go back to having high quality contests where players can shoot for cool items!

And because I'm feeling great today, here's a teaser for a mount that will be in the next expansion that will be one of the one I'm noting down with an exclusivity lock!

clf861jzund3.png
  • sylenthunder
    Yeah, Bad Panda, Black Raptor, Goldmane Lion, The Goldfish. That last one really pissed me off because they were very clear that it would be an exclusive mount only give out as a contest reward. There were only 6 or so of them across all of the servers. Two months later it was in the freaking boutique. They screwed the goldmane in the same sale.

​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    O_O I need that in my life.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • valdisman
    edited March 2017
    As packs start going on sale for lower prices, it will ultimately lower the value of the flyers, fashion and mounts that come from them. The way we run our Cash Shop is different from CN's.

@sylenthunder Wasn't Bad Panda one of those first big Event Only mounts for quite a while for...calendar contests I want to say? And then it ended up creeping into the Boutique. Black Raptor and some old event flyers (Galactic Beetle, Rose Gold Gourd etc.) also made it's way into the shop. I think when the game changed hands there wasn't any communication or some people thought that releasing exclusivity on some of those older items was a good idea. And even though I have a relatively long memory of things, even I don't know all the ins and outs of anything that was designated as "this is locked to this event only". Conversely, we've done things to items that were meant to be exclusives or limited time runs in the CN version, but we made them more readily available here for one reason or another.

I've found some cool mounts and pets in the next expansion that I think I'd like to actually have a running "exclusivity lock" on, just so that there is something that players can have that is actually unique! Obviously, if I'm not around to retain that exclusivity clause on them, I can't do much about that. But for as long as I'm around, then we can start designating these items and blocking other items that break the exclusivity going forward. And maybe when it stops being a high level of hectic, we can actually go back to having high quality contests where players can shoot for cool items!

And because I'm feeling great today, here's a teaser for a mount that will be in the next expansion that will be one of the one I'm noting down with an exclusivity lock!

clf861jzund3.png

I would really like to believe that the pictured mount will be *exclusive* to its event only, but I really do hope it can stay that way and isn't part of some one off spend or charge promo which will just come around again. Atm there currently isn't anything item wise in the game that I would class as unique and that very few have (talking flyers, fashion, mounts etc). This is a part of the game I feel is missing and hugely important and the point of this thread. Having something unique or rare (not always just high value items like CoM) sort of gives more purpose to certain players who play this game focused on that.
    I did PvP for a while so I could get both xTW mounts which to an extent were *exclusive* but again, so many people have them now they have kind of lost their fun in gaining them and sentiment value seeing as some of us have stacks of 9999+ Dragonlord coins.

I know it's difficult in how to balance making unique items as there will always be some who can do things on their characters that others will find impossible, but keeping chance pack items limited only to their packs and boutique items only to their boutique sales is the easiest way to start?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @sylenthunder Ohhh I forgot about Goldmane! Bulbfish is a new one though to me, was that for the regular version or the dyable they wanted it as exclusivity?

The little guy you see above is marked down as a PK log in event/tournament (?) for 2016 from CN, but I don't have any further documentation on this and for what sort of competition it was or what the participation was for it. For our version I'll be changing his purpose, though I'm not sure to what yet, but it'll be event based for sure.

I'm sure people would love an unbound version, but there's a few other mounts they've built that are pretty neat as well. Can't spoil those ones yet though, and I've already dropped an unannounced spoiler here so... *shifty eyes*
  • sylenthunder
    It was the original. The dyable version wasn't even in existence. I still have it around somewhere as I was one of the first contest winners. By the time they came out with the dyable version, all exclusivity of contest rewards was gone. We used to have some really good contests too.

​​
  • valdisman
    @sylenthunder Ohhh I forgot about Goldmane! Bulbfish is a new one though to me, was that for the regular version or the dyable they wanted it as exclusivity?

The little guy you see above is marked down as a PK log in event/tournament (?) for 2016 from CN, but I don't have any further documentation on this and for what sort of competition it was or what the participation was for it. For our version I'll be changing his purpose, though I'm not sure to what yet, but it'll be event based for sure.

I'm sure people would love an unbound version, but there's a few other mounts they've built that are pretty neat as well. Can't spoil those ones yet though, and I've already dropped an unannounced spoiler here so... *shifty eyes*

No need for more spoilers, this one is more than enough! I also hope the anni mount will be available for all too as it was a community event. That reminds me too, the first anni mount I think it was only for people who had played for the 4yrs. The following year it was mass released to everyone.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @valdisman We run into issues where we put a mount or a flyer on sale and then it suddenly is in some unreleased pack further down the line when we had no documentation of its source initially. Or, something will be in one system (like Treasure Keys) and then get slipped into a pack later on. Before, I would pull flyers that were different than their pack variant, but then some of these flyers would have no upgrades, or some I'd find were bound. Sometimes CN will ask us to use the upgradeable/enhance versions instead of the ones I put in initially...which are pack ones, more often than not.

Since there's alot of missed communication around some of these items, it's hard to change anything now that's been in the system and that's jumped into various sources. (and especially when items hit the bidding hall, but that's a whole other can of worms) I could of course, retire packs off so that it'll reverse some of the incoming supply, but it will take me a few days to compile a full list of these items, mark down all known sources and fix up our internal documentation to reflect these changes. (which means going back into all the old cash shops too to identify what some of these items are, when they entered and how many times have they entered). And any retired packs would need replacements. It can definitely be done, but it might not be implemented until after expansion launch.

What we could look into doing as well (though I'm not sure how well received this would be) would be to create "palate swapped" versions of items that are currently existing or make dyable variants of items that didn't have them before and do something with those.

@sylenthunder would you happen to know what sorts of contests these were and any links to them? I could sniff around, but I might grab bad contests. Some of this search would require me to go on the old forums too, yes? I really liked that one loading screen one and the calendar one, but how well would these go if I bring them back?
  • sylenthunder
    Yeah, i can hunt them down. The one I participated in was a guide writing contest. There were story and quest contests as well. If they are implemented properly, they should go well. I think the largest issue with the most recent ones is mostly semantics.

​​
  • valdisman
    @kalystconquerer#0876 How the game is currently regarding items has happened and I'm not asking them to be changed as it is what it is. Hopefully, and as you said it could well be, in the future some sort of content can be unique and kept specifically to its means of gaining. I feel this is a area which PWI lacks.

Example is in other various MMOs, you can get super rares or exclusives from certain monster drops or events. There isn't anything like that in PWI I feel. Yes, you could argue that UCH drops but you can also get them homestead if you spend enough money. There isn't anything that anyone could randomly and rarely obtain though farming or killing. With the bot system too, it seems impossible to incorporate anything like that either.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • zeldadoerak
    zeldadoerak Posts: 21 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    Example is in other various MMOs, you can get super rares or exclusives from certain monster drops or events. There isn't anything like that in PWI I feel. Yes, you could argue that UCH drops but you can also get them homestead if you spend enough money. There isn't anything that anyone could randomly and rarely obtain though farming or killing. With the bot system too, it seems impossible to incorporate anything like that either.

Agreed, we could certainly use more Mounts and Flyers that are obtainable outside of the boutique, from events or certain enemies / exchangeable items. We have a few of these but eventually most get put in the boutique or they're too slow to be usefull and can't be upgraded by spurs.

For reference, the only Mounts / Flyers outside of Packs / Boutique are:

-Sealed flyers from Uncharted Paradise, Undercurrent Hall, (the old removed dungeon) Hidden Dragon's Den and the primal world boss Sarokkan the Dragon-Touched
    - Sealed flyers from Resource War rewards
    - Cross-server TW dragon mounts from Dragonlord Coins
    - Three colored unicorns from Morai orders
    - Black unicorn from 400 attendance sheets
    - White Jaguar from the Blunted Lance Public Quest
    - Black and white tigers from the Tiger event
    - Lightning wolf from wedding quest items
    - Inferno lion lord is exclusive to charge/spend rewards
    - The violet lightning and silver mane horses used to be exclusive to Dragon Order quests and the Dungeon Race winner chest, but were later put in the boutique
    - Nightfall and Midnight horses used to be exclusive to the Halloween event boxes but were later put in the boutique
    - A few colored bears from gift packs like the dreamchaser pack
    - Machinated terror and its recolors from an old removed new player area and GM event codes

Ideas to keep them rare but not easy to get either:

- Forum, GM and ingame events
    - On rotation in the event boutique
    - On rotation in the bidding hall
    - Logg in rewards or the ingame check-in calender
    - Rare drops from bosses (old and neglected bosses such as the Nirvana, Frostcovered City and God's Rebirth Valley ones)
    - Rare rewards from dungeons such as Heavenfall Temple, the Cube of Fate or Quicksand Maze. Stuff that gets largely ignored by most of the community, as there is little incentive to run these.
    - Drops from new (or old) world bosses or new dungeons
    - Regarding the recolor idea, perhaps this could be turned into an event where the players vote on the color and/or mount/flyer?

Although the recent trend of putting mounts and flyers in the boutique is great too, that way they're atleast accessible outside of packs, for those who really want them without relying on chance.

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    - Black unicorn from 400 attendance sheets

I actually got this one on my veno, and just a few months later they put it on some charge or spend reward event -_-

I would not say 400 days of my life wasted, that would be too much but still I got rektd by pwe :p

• kalystconquerer#0876
    The next couple of weeks will be kind of wonky still with the Cash Shop and all the currently planned out promos. So anything that will get their exclusivity priorities shifted around will not really be set in stone until post expansion at the earliest. Would people like an information post on these exclusivity changes when they go live? I'll still need to discuss specifics internally, so there will be some things that I can't guarantee. I can do all the new content set up fine, but the older items I'll have to draft up something for and my reasoning behind it.

Thank you for the list @zeldadoerak I'll cross reference this with the Cash Shop and the promos to see where any of these spilled over and see if any of these can be changed!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    The next couple of weeks will be kind of wonky still with the Cash Shop and all the currently planned out promos. So anything that will get their exclusivity priorities shifted around will not really be set in stone until post expansion at the earliest. Would people like an information post on these exclusivity changes when they go live? I'll still need to discuss specifics internally, so there will be some things that I can't guarantee. I can do all the new content set up fine, but the older items I'll have to draft up something for and my reasoning behind it.

Can we read this as expansion hitting in couple of weeks? :)

But anyways, the more information you can give, the happier ppl are generally so if you do some exclusivity changes then give us information bout it for sure.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • you#5221
    you#5221 Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am sick and tired of you people always ragging on cash shoppers.
    The packs you buy comes from the "cash shop"
    The Gold you buy with your in game coin from other players or the auction house comes from a "cash shopper".
    With out cash shoppers this game would shut down in the US in like 6 months, that is to say if literally all real money sales were to cease.
  • valdisman
    edited March 2017
    hating on cash shoppers? When I do cash shop myself occasionally so your point is almost as useless as your intelligence.

A bit of advice though as I'm not all bad of a person, read all the thread before commenting next time. Save yourself some embarrassment.
    Post edited by valdisman on
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • blazerboy
    What are you even complaining about nobody dissed a cash shopper just annoyed nobody can ever feel individuality or you pay extremes to feel a little special then VERY SHORTLY later it's in Cash shop and you feel like a fool for just wanting nice things. Nobody cares you cash shop shoot I do you don't see me feeling victimized. "You spend real money on something that's not real loser" "You spend real hours of your life working towards something virtual loser" it's the same damn thing NOBODY CARES.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    About the spoiler mount
    https://youtu.be/NZH69s84L2w
  • valdisman
    edited March 2017
    shopcheese wrote: »
    About the spoiler mount

Looks pretty cool. The White Emperor City looks great. Such a huge expansion though as although it can still be a while off before it comes here, it is something to definitely look forward to!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker