R9.4 / R9rrrr / R9 CN Weapon opinion

blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
Hey guys know this section kinda been dead so figured I ask just basic question. Now that this weapon he been out for quite sometime I'm curious as to how the other servers feels about this weapon. For me on mypers I found I would gain about 1.2k physical attack and 10 attack levels for the loss of 2.00 range which I initially felt quite a heavy loss but with the last expansion our damage getting quite the reduction every hit counts. How have you who have this weapon enjoyed/hated the experience?

The damage increase is nice but to lose 2.0m off dragon trap/ settling ripple/ slash of pride sounds quite detrimental especially when vs sins you can't touch them and they can touch you. While also a friend made a point it's great for sniping key targets with the increase attack let me know y'all experience with it!
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Hey guys know this section kinda been dead so figured I ask just basic question. Now that this weapon he been out for quite sometime I'm curious as to how the other servers feels about this weapon. For me on mypers I found I would gain about 1.2k physical attack and 10 attack levels for the loss of 2.00 range which I initially felt quite a heavy loss but with the last expansion our damage getting quite the reduction every hit counts. How have you who have this weapon enjoyed/hated the experience?

The damage increase is nice but to lose 2.0m off dragon trap/ settling ripple/ slash of pride sounds quite detrimental especially when vs sins you can't touch them and they can touch you. While also a friend made a point it's great for sniping key targets with the increase attack let me know y'all experience with it!

Don't ask such questions on which the answer is so obvious. R9RR is FAR superior to the CN Version. Anyone who went for the CN version has a massive disadvantage over people with r9rr. Without the range you can just kite a duskblade by walking away and the dusk most likely wont be able to catch you with his melee range skills.

Sure, with the runes you can chose to go range on most skills...and if you have to use a skill that does not have the range rune on it or doesnt have one at all? You wanna waste 1 second or 2 to move to the enemy before being able to strike? Or do you wanna waste a port skill for nothing? Nah, other runes are far superior to the range runes anyways. Just keep r9rr.

In a tactical scenario I'd rather have a 50 att lvl r9 weap with range than a 70 attack level weap without it. Any time of the day.

PS: I killed an NP, full josd Barb with my weak, little full vit stone Duskblade...there was no hit to a Duskblades damage. Debuffs are a dusks bread and butter ijs and with them applied, we deal MORE THAN ENOUGH damage. Even more so with the debuff increase rune for arc <3 170% pdef reduce...max str mire even 180%...nearly 0 def on selfbuffed caster. GG WP. Also considering that arc is nearly spamable...no, dusks damage is fine.

The Duskblade class is a tactical class. Raw damage does not matter that much as you can abuse alot of things to win even without OP pure damage.
  • blazerboy
    It's a oppinion based and this scenario is mainly 1v1 I'm wondering how ppl felt with it in mass. From YT videos some have done well for them personally I like the g17.4 wep for the -10 aps but still wanna know how CN wep has treated ppl
  • jsxshadow
    Especially in Mass-PvP...if you are forced to move to a target when you wanna AOE them because they are just a meter too far away then you lose time and could get rekt. Sure you can play around the lack of range but in the end people could use it against you.

Same as if you would cut the range on sins weapons and skills..imagine a sin with pure melee range..then they would be uber useless cause just walking away from them would prevent them to ever being able to attack you. Same deal goes for Duskblades.

Let's be honest..most Duskblades that went for the CN weapon are overgeared noobs anyways. Something like range enhances players that mainly shine with skill. If you add r9.4 to already existing max gears, full deity then trolololol you oneshot most players anyways.

Yeah, I'm not holding back anymore. At first I only thought that the majority of sins are garbage but no, for Duskblades its even worse. Most people don't think tactical. They just want power. Why? Because it gives them easy wins. Why does it give easy wins? Because they either outgear anyone or the ones they are fighting against are even worse then themselves.

Point is. The CN weapon nerf any Duskblade in any situation imaginable. Some just dont realize that due to the lack of challange or by simply outgearing everything.

People think PWI is about personal preference and different playstyles etc, etc.. No, It's like a game of chess. Many ways can lead you to your victory BUT there is always a BEST POSSIBLE WAY and the majority of people are unable to realize that which is why they get rekt in PWI and in Chess as well :D

Ofc, there are people that just play for fun and dont wanna be competitive and do whatever they do because they feel like it. Granted. But such people are rarely any issue because they don't claim to be any good in the first place.

My pro tip: Always chose the tactical advantage. Skill will always surpass raw strength.
  • blazerboy
    I think anyone can make best of any situation. G17 db wep have no range and have a g17.3 wep with purge wouldn't make sense to use if your main atk wep had range because say you have r9.3 with range switch to without range now you have to move up in front of them to continue if both woes have no range you're free to switch either or with no range issues. Js in general. I don't like the range loss but r9.4 the damage increase is pretty nice especially with how stupid tanky ppl have gotten
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    Well I went for the r9.4 saber and honestly, you barely notice the range loss.

I don't really care about 1v1, so I can mainly tell you from mass pvp (mainly XTW).

In mass you don't notice it at all, there's always someone in range if you know how and when to go in.

I mainly went with it for the 70 atk lvl, 25 dex and 500HP, making me do more damage and having a bit more survivability.

As you said @blazerboy the g17 weapon will not have range either and I just plan to get the g17.3 for purge, so getting used already how to fight without the extra range actually is more useful than suddenly losing it mid-fight when switching weapons.

Overall I don't regret getting the weapon at all, sure Joe will tell you how bad it is, but you know, it's Joe. xD

So if you want some more power and feel like you are good enough to play around the range loss, go for the r9.4 weapon I'd say.
  • blazerboy
    Considering r9.4 and g17.3 but being patient for me I wonder how much a diff 1k atk and 10 atk lvls@mymbarb I'm still curious how the new constellation arc will change our damage
  • jsxshadow
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Considering r9.4 and g17.3 but being patient for me I wonder how much a diff 1k atk and 10 atk lvls@mymbarb I'm still curious how the new constellation arc will change our damage

From the standpoint of combining it with G17 one day then yes, you could go r9.4.

Still, the range is extremely useful. Maybe I'm the only one that has that happen to him but seriously...jump into a group and if your target just moves a little you would have to walk to it (when using my Def weap that's already the case which is why I only use it for kiting) and I don't want that to happen. Ever. Sure you will get used to it and play around it but it can still happen. I don't like to rely on chances at all and everything that works towards "no chance needed" is very welcome.

G17 also doesnt sound so appealing as a Dusk. The only use I would make of it is getting Heartbite Rend..spamming it and the moment it procs put mire and Quadrature on to land a 100% oneshot. Depending on your damage that would even OS fully buffed targets. That's just me tho. Purge is also nice...but I've seen too many people brainlessly trying to purge people while they could've just killed them since long with just the r9 weapon...and other classes can purge for you in Mass-PvP..so eh. Would be nice for AAing someone..but seriously..rend is so much more effective imho.
  • blazerboy
    edited February 2017
    I like rend above all else imo. But yea I agreed on the range issue but I think in most cases in PWI most of us will only do g17.3 so will need to switch wep anyways
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    tbh i dont see the reason for the r9s3 cn weapon. I will never call it s4 cuz its not...only class i could agree with it would be sage assassin for farming if you still do aps for that. TBH i was hoping if chaos crosser which they changed the name sadly was ever released it would have been sage cultivation only just to be dicks. WOuld have made me smile alot :)