new game engine (maybe) ?

So awhile ago it was anounced that they were going to make a new game engine for pwi, and now this video is doing its rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbmeKs5baIg

I can't translate but people are saying that this is the new game engine, what are peoples thoughts and opinions. maybe we can even have an official word?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    PW-CN teasing players since November 2013 (when work on the new engine was originally announced.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    This thread has popped up in and out a few times already.

Unfortunately, my NDA's cover things of this nature and do not allow for me to speak on the topic. It does look cool though speaking from a player's perspective, but my potato would take a beating... I should upgrade anyways at some point.
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    Thank you both for your quick reply! I didn't even consider NDA's when I asked. Also your right, from a player's perspective it looks sooooooooo cool! :smiley:
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Looks nothing like the same game. I'd me more enthusiastic about it if they showed anything we'd recognize as distinctly Perfect World in those clips.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    From a live stream they did in the past showcasing upcoming content, graphically very little actually changes. Tho i hope it brings behind the scenes fixes, like multi thread and graphics support. currently the game completely runs on the processor. and iirc only uses one core. considering the average low end PC has 8 gigs of ram and at least 4 cores. PW is quite behind, no reason a high end gaming rig should be running 20 FPS.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    I remember for roughly 2 weeks my Razer laptop was detecting PWI as PWCN... Due to this tiny mistake I was able to see a little sneak peak of the new game engine... It is true for the preview of in game screenshots provided by PWCN were showing 1080p HD graphics, however it looks nothing like what is shown above... The game shown in the vid is a new game entirely... I'll be checking once I get home in 4 hours to see if Razer still detects it as PWCN if so I'll be sure to post screenshots...
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    ooh 1 hour to go, hope we can see screen shots!
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I'm guessing it no longer detects @nunuator's PWI game as PWCN.

It seems a bit improbable that it would tbh. CN and PWI have seperate clients and updates. its not as simple as mis-identifying a server and you're suddenly on the CN server. Its possible to connect to CN's test server but i forget exactly how.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Sorry to brake it to you guys but as far as I know PWCN doesn't use any new engine. Even on test server the last update was the one of those rune-like things and huge map related to that content.
    See this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1206105/nov-11th-new-expansion-in-pwcn/p1

So as was stated before, even if that engine is used on this game in the future, the game displayed there is not PW. Just take a look at the game mode, it looks more like an action game than PW.
    And even if that game was a future version of PWI/PWCN... Well it would be no more the same game since is not even played the same way.
  • nunuator
    edited January 2017
    Sorry about that no luck with those screenshots but, I'll be looking through it again later tonight
    after digging through nearly all my photo's I have had no luck whatsoever finding said picture QQ it appeared as a cover shot for the game at one point labeled PW2 with a Duskblade sitting in a revamped Sanctuary (Warsong entrance place) with new HP/MP Bars more like other MMO's same top left area just higher quality texture... Not sure if this was just a teaser that a game puts out to "show gameplay"
    Post edited by nunuator on
  • nunuator
    Now on a side note... Are texture mods such as changing a spark color and or changing skill animations via client side allowed... Cause if so I'd really love to work on some sort of texture pack for pwe,I know that some games have it just curious if changing the textures client side would cause a desync with the server..
    @kalystconquerer#0876
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    we where set its a tec demo.

Would be good to know more info... I guess the GMs at this point know info but what I don't take any guesses to its of any value at the moment.
    nunuator wrote: »
    Now on a side note... Are texture mods such as changing a spark color and or changing skill animations via client side allowed... Cause if so I'd really love to work on some sort of texture pack for pwe,I know that some games have it just curious if changing the textures client side would cause a desync with the server..
    @kalystconquerer#0876

You stand a high chance of being banned by the system if you change any files like that. Second it hits the ToS with a nail and BIG hammer.

I would say it a no. However its possible I guess you never know if you don't ask.​​
  • nunuator
    edited January 2017
    i mean it's a change in the ui it's not going to affect other players just wanna change animations in game 2 freshen it up a bit xD
    Not sure if that violates the TOS but, i'd rather ask before I start work on editing something like this
    Now as far as the new game engine my best guess is China and the US are going to get it at the same time... But, i'm guessing it's just HD textures due to that screenshot I saw a while back.
  • nunuator
    edited January 2017
    Ah I finally managed to find it... The screenshots and the game being played in the trailer are for an update for the Jade dynasty series being referred to as Zhu Xiang 3. Not sure why this is found in the pwi_en folder...

Leaves me to question if instead of a server merge a game merge is next on the line.
    @kalystconquerer#0876 is this even possible